Scott walker--a wall for canada, too!

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Perusing Walker quotes, “A key to success is not how many people are dependent on the government – but rather how many people are not."

Kinda skews the famous JFK Inaugural quote, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country.

One man talks about government, the other country.

And then, there is this;
"There’s a reason we take a day off to celebrate the 4th of July and not the 15th of April, ,because in America we value our independence from the government, not our dependence on it.”

Duh, so then Wasn't the Declaration of Independence all about human rights?
Doesn't he have it backwards though? Isn't 4/15 the day people dread/ look forward to, by either paying taxes or receiving a big refund? Doesn't the government make the tax codes that allow the corporations and banks to get away without paying any taxes?

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The saving grace for the Democrats so far is that the GOP is determined to destroy itself being as far right as possible. It is fascinating to watch. I have never liked Walker from day one, although I assumed that he would run better than he has. I felt early on - and still do that his record in Wisconsin will kill him in a general election. That remains true with most GOP governors. The exception is Kaisch. If he could get the nomination I think he could win - I'm not endorsing him, I just think of the entire field he has a decent record both in Washington and Ohio to run on.

Reactions: pepinogrande

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Yes he is. I wish he and Trump and all the other xenophobes would build walls around themselves and let the rest of us get on with it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just kidding (I love Americans). :):p:D

cloverleaf

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have not been to Canada since they required either an enhanced driver license or passport to cross border during bush II admin. This border bullshit is ridiculous. The U.S. canadian border should have no crossing restrictions. And we don't need a wall with Mexico. If our govt was serious about "illegals" it would crack down on employers of them. The truth is we shoukd grant amnesty and bring these folks out of the shadows. The xenophobic nonsense coming from republicans is embarrassing: if I ever meet Donald trump I will address the ignorant billionaire only in Spanish and tell him to go back to trump tower.

I have not been to Canada since they required either an enhanced driver license or passport to cross border during bush II admin. This border bullshit is ridiculous. The U.S. canadian border should have no crossing restrictions. And we don't need a wall with Mexico. If our govt was serious about "illegals" it would crack down on employers of them. The truth is we shoukd grant amnesty and bring these folks out of the shadows. The xenophobic nonsense coming from republicans is embarrassing: if I ever meet Donald trump I will address the ignorant billionaire only in Spanish and tell him to go back to trump tower.

I agree that a passport is ridiculous to cross the Canada/U.S. border. You can thank George W. Bush for that. He was the one who insisted on it shortly after 9/11 based on erroneous reports that the hijackers entered the U.S. From Canada. As we all know now, they were residing in the U.S. and had never even set foot in Canada!

Reactions: pepinogrande

cloverleaf

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Canada is sovereign. But it is so equivalent to the U.S. in terms of wealth, language (the French thing notwithstanding) and values there is no security basis for any border restrictions. Canada is not threatened by a U.S. migrant exodus nor vice verse. I love Toronto, Montreal and Ottowa. And it's the only reason I am going to get an enhanced Drivers license. Obama should have worked harder to make cross border transit easier. Seriously I wouid sooner put a wall along the Mason-Dixon Line than the Canadian border. We in the Northeast have far more in common with Canadian sensibilities than we do with our southern tier. Gun control. Social safety net. Labor standards. I would choose Ontario over Alabama any day.

pepinogrande

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I certainly agree with KEENOBSERVER in #4.

Problem is that Common Sense is not entertaining: but, BIZAARENESS is ---

The saving grace for the Democrats so far is that the GOP is determined to destroy itself being as far right as possible. It is fascinating to watch. I have never liked Walker from day one, although I assumed that he would run better than he has. I felt early on - and still do that his record in Wisconsin will kill him in a general election. That remains true with most GOP governors. The exception is Kaisch. If he could get the nomination I think he could win - I'm not endorsing him, I just think of the entire field he has a decent record both in Washington and Ohio to run on.

Reactions: keenobserver

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Is it ironic that, people who criticize the outsourcing of jobs overseas, are ok with foreigners coming to America and taking jobs instead of an American citizen?

I guess its like the people who oppose poor mothers having abortions then can't wait to execute the child when he is all grown up.

Reactions: AG08

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Is it ironic that, people who criticize the outsourcing of jobs overseas, are ok with foreigners coming to America and taking jobs instead of an American citizen?
Here's more "irony" for ya; "Humanitarian Bombing" , "Surgical strike", "Signature Strike", War "on"Terror, and my favorite, "Moderate" Jihadi"

Last edited:
Reactions: keenobserver