Sean Hannity demonstrates Faux news

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So here's the basic story: President Obama sat down for an interview with Fox News and Major Garrett asked him why he couldn't admit the West won the Cold War through the leadership of American presidents.
President Obama (who probably laughed at the ridiculous assumptions in Garrett's question) said that while it was important not to diminish the role that Eastern Europeans like Lech Walesa and others played in securing their own freedom, he also was proud of the role America and American presidents played.
Then, Sean Hannity decided he wanted to attack President Obama as some kind of America-hating commie-fascist, so he decides to claim that President Obama (a) refused to say whether we won the Cold War; (b) refused to acknowledged the role America and American presidents played in winning the Cold War; and (c) diminished the accomplishments of people like Lech Walesa.
How did Hannity accomplish this very dirty trick? Easy: all he had to do was cut out significant portions of President Obama's answer, turning the meaning on its head.
Hannity chops video to turn Obama statement upside down - Daily Kos TV (beta)

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Why doesn't the media have some kind of an association with an ethics board to censure or discipline their own kind? All other professions do and they can suspend or ban member from their practice. Or is "freedom of the press" (as if...), such a sacred cow that they are untouchable?

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why doesn't the media have some kind of an association with an ethics board to censure or discipline their own kind? All other professions do and they can suspend or ban member from their practice. Or is "freedom of the press" (as if...), such a sacred cow that they are untouchable?

Bingo--you hit it right on the head. Legally, TV networks only have to abide by FCC standards for vulgarity. The issue of honesty and truthfulness is left up to the stations, and should the station have a certain agenda or viewpoint to push, there will be excessive skewering of facts.

Furthermore, this kind of story is hardly anything I'd call "newsworthy." This kind of information-slanting is to be expected of political pundits on both sides of the spectrum, though Hannity tends to be worse than most.

Last edited:

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just Hannity's unflagging support of George W. Bush and that clueless big-mouthed bigot Carrie Prejean were enough for me to totally write him off.
I'm not an Obama admirer, but I am a Dem. You try to be balanced and impartial, & give credit where it's due. ...But Obama can do no right in Hannity's eyes. He's completely biased. It amazes me how anyone can be that much of a right-winged, narrow-minded, thin-horizoned, pompous cornhole.
:tdown:
Well - it takes all kinds to make up a world...

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
No we don't.....If you add the ratings of Cnn and MSNBC they trump Fox, the lone Faux news outlet on the block.
Yes you do.

add two against Fox? That is so sad. :rolleyes: For all the accusations and name calling...Fox continues to dominate the rest...Proving CNN is far from the most trusted name in news. Ratings show which News Network people trust for news the most...and that is Fox News.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
and the left wing wonders why Fox News is beating the hell out of CNN and MSNBC in ratings...:smile:

No wonder there. It just once again proves that there are a lot of people who think they have conservative values and are intellectually lazy as well. They are too lazy to realize they're being given half the story and they probably don't care. As long as they don't have to think for themselves and what they choose see on TV reinforces their preconceptions, they'll happily munch away in their consumer feed-bag with one eye on Fox News and the other on the BBQ.

Yes you do.

add two against Fox? That is so sad. :rolleyes: For all the accusations and name calling...Fox continues to dominate the rest...Proving CNN is far from the most trusted name in news. Ratings show which News Network people trust for news the most...and that is Fox News.

I didn't think you were this stupid. Two against one... what a dimwit you are.

I wonder which network Hillary Clinton prefers? I'd bet my house it's not Fox News. :wink:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And Trinity yells the victory that is Faux News, forgetting that more adults find "Robot Chicken" more mentally stimulating than Hannity. Even "Assy McGee" gets better ratings than any show on Faux. Think about that for a second, Mary... more people would rather watch a 15 minute segment featuring a talking, crime fighting ass than watch psychotic political pundits make continual asses of themselves on the so-called #1 Conservative News Network.

Pop the corks on the champagne, it's time to party! :rolleyes:

sparky11point5

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
When you cannot win an election, cite television polling, where the participants are compensated, done to sell advertising. See you in the voting booth in 2010, 2012 biatches.