Sean Penn is such a douche bag

bigman420

Experimental Member
Media
Ok how the hell did this asshole just win another oscar? Cause Hollywood has decided that the awards are going to go to the most liberal nominees, throw acting ability out the window. Brad Pitt was the runaway winner but he didn't play a gay right's acitivist so of course he didn't win. Hollywood sucks, I'm over this shit.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok how the hell did this asshole just win another oscar? Cause Hollywood has decided that the awards are going to go to the most liberal nominees, throw acting ability out the window. Brad Pitt was the runaway winner but he didn't play a gay right's acitivist so of course he didn't win. Hollywood sucks, I'm over this shit.

Often it's pretty predicatable. Had David Spade played in a Holocaust 'dcoumentary' than Penn wouldn't of had a shot.

But, he did point out that the US has an "eloquent president".

So perhaps he does deserve it.

• Love
Reactions: dadi1969

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

And the award for Best Actor in a Socially Ignorant Role on a Penis Forum goes to....
And I bet you can't guess who wins for Best Supporting Actor either? :rolleyes:

• Love

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You do understand that Brad Pitt is every bit as much a lefty as Sean Penn, right?

This wasn't about the political stances taken off screen, it's a clear statement in support of a political stance shown on screen. Don't like it? Don't see it. It's really that simple.

• Love

D_Carroll Condomripper

Experimental Member
Media
Unless you've seen all the movie nominees I don't think an objective decision can be made. I also highly doubt that as you were watching each and every movie you were grading each and every individual actor during the movie and not rating the overall movie afterwards.

I have no idea how the actors are judged- how well they adapt real life? adapt a book? stick to the screenplay? ab-lib? Affect society (an obvious win by Harvey Milk over Ben Button- I mean how could a backward aging man change worldviews?)

I haven't seen Milk but now look forward to watching. I'm also adding Slumdog Millionaire and The Reader to my list.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Unless you've seen all the movie nominees I don't think an objective decision can be made. I also highly doubt that as you were watching each and every movie you were grading each and every individual actor during the movie and not rating the overall movie afterwards.

How fucking dare you smuggle logic into a rant thread! :biggrin1:

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
bigman420:

"Sean Penn is such a douche bag.... Ok how the hell did this asshole just win another oscar? Cause Hollywood has decided that the awards are going to go to the most liberal nominees, throw acting ability out the window. Brad Pitt was the runaway winner but he didn't play a gay right's acitivist so of course he didn't win. Hollywood sucks, I'm over this shit."

--------------------

You know I am so through with being diplomatic in my thoughts & prose right now.

Am I allowed to say this...? I don't want to violate any LPSG rules here, but -

bigman, SHUT THE FUCK UP. Nobody forced you to turn on the awards show. Isn't this the same course, ape-like way you reacted when John McCain lost the presidency?

The "conservative" is outraged (and stamping his foot) that a forthright, in-your-face, no-apologies, politically committed liberal deservedly won the Best Actor award. (And gave a freaking magnificent, passionate from-the-heart acceptance speech to boot... which I hope somebody finds and re-prints here)

Bravo, Mr. Penn.

Last edited:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I suppose I should see Milk. I had not seen it, so I was rooting for either Frank Langella, Brad Pitt or Mickey Rourke. I am sure Sean Penn did an excellent job but I dont like that everytime he wins anything he uses it as a political bully pulpit. But hey! It is his moment so I guess he can use he moment in the sun however he wishes.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Here. I've found it.

Sean Penn started off his acceptance speech tweaking the liberal audience who bestowed the award to him: "You commie, homo-loving sons of guns."

With a sly, bad-boy grin of course.

He followed with condemnation of anti-gay protesters who demonstrated near the Oscar site - with comments about California's recent gay marriage ban, Prop 8:

"For those who saw the signs of hatred as our cars drove in tonight, I think it's a good time for those who voted for the ban against gay marriage to sit and reflect on their great shame and their shame in their grandchildren's eyes if they continue that support," Penn said. "We've got to have equal rights for everyone."

"Milk" writer Dustin Lance Black, Best Original Screenplay winner, offered an impassioned tribute to Milk.

"If Harvey had not been taken from us 30 years ago, I think he would want me to say to all the gay and lesbian kids out there tonight who have been told they are less than by the churches, by the government, by their families, that you are beautiful, wonderful creatures of value, and that no matter what anyone tells you, God does love you and that very soon, I promise you, you will have equal rights, federally, across this great nation of ours."

These artists won. It is their night. They have every right to make a political speech (as this was a political movie, a political project).

Politics, anti-gay propositions, gay hatred and discrimination - along with gay acceptance and tolerance and compassion - were inter-woven elements of the screenplay, the direction, the acting. You really can't separate the politics out of the story. The politics is - and the relationships are - the marrow of this film.

Sean Penn and Dustin Lance Black rose to the occasion nobly. It was heartfelt. They promoted love and acceptance tonight.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sean Penn was wonderful as Harvey Milk. He may indeed be a douche bag, but he's a douche bag who managed to brilliantly portray an under appreciated and often overlooked person from history. He may be the most liberal nominee but (in my wonderfully humble opinion) he was also the most deservant of the Oscar.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Here's the entire (if you can hack it, 10 minutes I'm afraid!) Best Actor introductions from last night's show. Robert DeNiro (Hollywood's bad-boy, pre-Penn) is very gracious and magnanimous in his Penn intro. You can practically feel the love dart back & forth across the screen between the smiling, generous DeNiro and the listening Penn.

PLEASE watch it through. At the 8 1/2 minute mark, Sean makes every gay person in America proud with his stirring, heartfelt comments:

YouTube - Sean Penn - Best Actor (81st Academy Awards)

Now, here's "Milk" screenwriter Dustin Lance Black's equally emotional & charged speech -- introduced by the howlingly funny Steve Martin & Tina Fey:

YouTube - Best Original Screenplay - Milk by Dustin Lance Black

Last edited:

feel thick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He may be an obnoxious showoff but he was a great actor in Milk and a fine director in Into the Wild. Give him credit where credit is due. He also has a beautiful and talented wife, Robin Penn Wright. You've got a political agenda, I think.