Sean Penn is such a douche bag

pym

Just Browsing
Media
And the award for Best Actor in a Socially Ignorant Role on a Penis Forum goes to....
And I bet you can't guess who wins for Best Supporting Actor either? :rolleyes:

And the award for best double bitch-slap on a LPSG forum goes to........:biggrin1:

D_Diesel Oyl

Sexy Member
Media
Come on, the Oscars and all that Hollywood stuff is crap - great movies are made every year that no one pays attention to.

Penn is an idiot - has nothing to do with "Milk" or anything.

The awards crap makes a lot of Hollywood egoists happy. They are so removed from any sort of reality that they figure winning an Oscar actually means something.

Means nothing.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wasn't the word 'elegant'?

Just checked you are correct. Um, but it's still just a pathetic and still in the wrong forum. Also, just realized no mention of is wife of 13 years. The clip I saw had a long interview after, and he continues to thank more ppl and not her. Ouch.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
faceking:

Don't you have anything better to do than scour & sift through Sean Penn's acceptance speeches with a fine-toothed comb looking for slights to his wife?

I mean, isn't your republican party imploding at the moment? Maybe you should tend to that.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Don't you have anything better to do than scour & sift through Sean Penn's acceptance speeches with a fine-toothed comb looking for slights to his wife?

Of course he doesn't and that's why he does it. Faceking is one of the masters of stirring up phony outrage on this board. What's next? Is he going to chastise people who didn't thank God during their acceptance speeches? I'm sure that's what he's analyzing next. :rolleyes:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Just checked you are correct. Um, but it's still just a pathetic and still in the wrong forum. Also, just realized no mention of is wife of 13 years. The clip I saw had a long interview after, and he continues to thank more ppl and not her. Ouch.

I heard elegant as well.

I also listened to his entire acceptance speech, waiting for him to mention Robin. I was quite surprised that he didn't...and moreso to hear that he didn't rectify this during later interviews. Surely someone pulled him aside during the interim and was like, "Dude, you're so not getting laid tonight..."

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I heard elegant as well.

I also listened to his entire acceptance speech, waiting for him to mention Robin. I was quite surprised that he didn't...and moreso to hear that he didn't rectify this during later interviews. Surely someone pulled him aside during the interim and was like, "Dude, you're so not getting laid tonight..."

when tom hanks accepted his oscar for his role as a gay man in "philadelphia" he did the same thing. he referred to his "lover" several times, but never mentioned his "lover" by name. he had kissed a woman who sat by his side at the ceremony, and whose reaction they kept
showing during his speech. if my memory serves me correctly, tom hanks isn't gay or bisexual. it's anyone's guess as to why
they (penn and hanks) act coy about it. few straight men refer to their partner as a "lover, even if they're still unmarried.

penn was very good in the role of harvey milk, but is it really that much different than whites doing "blackface" during the jazz age? there are many many talented gay actors in hollywood. the famous ones are still publicly closeted (as with the more well known gay sports figures), some may have even turned the role down. in the end, the star power of sean penn helped the film get a green light. middle america may not believe it, but hollywood still has a double standard when it comes to homosexuals. in "brokeback mountain" and in "milk" the lead characters are all played by actors who are straight. james franco speaks publicly about any gay encounters he may have had in the same elusive way bill clinton spoke about smoking marijuana. it is a private matter, but it still can be damn annoying. i suppose it's a tradeoff since gay actors play straight guys all the time.

Last edited:

D_Ivan Analitch

1st Like
Media
Okay, I watched Milk the other night not knowing what it was about. Talk about boring, it would have been better as a documentary. I wasn't sure if Harvey Milk was mentally disabled in some way or just had a speach impediment, oh wait, that was just Sean Penn acting. I think Penn did a great job when he played a mentally challenged guy in "I Am Sam" I think he's better suited for that or Spicoli (spelling?) in Fast Times. Penns political commentary aside, I think Hollywood is extremely biased toward any project or person that fits their agenda and Penn filled that role well the other night.

And really?? Our first "eloquent" president?? Was he too afraid to say the word "black" that would have been more accurate but eloquent??? WTF?

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
offroad8x6: "penn was very good in the role of harvey milk, but is it really that much different than whites doing "blackface" during the jazz age?"

--------------------

Give me a freaking break. Sean Penn plays a gay activist & openly gay politician.... and this is now analogous to whites doing "blackface" during the jazz age?

And only gays should play gays - and straights play straights?

I'm really knee-deep in BizarroLand bullshit.

The same argument could have been used (and maybe some hucksters did use it) against Ben Kingsley playing Gandhi. I guess this "blackface" argument excludes Kate Winslet from portraying an american lesbian? After all, she's English and heterosexual.

In the most basic, primal sense, ALL GREAT ACTORS ARE IN PSYCHOLOGICAL "BLACKFACE".

I wonder if this warped reasoning also excludes gays from tackling straight characters? Aren't T.R. Knight & Neil Patrick Harris playing straight guys on network TV? How "blackface"!

If the argument is: Gay actors should come out of the closet and stand up & be counted -- and that it's really fucked we live in a society where straight box-office names like Penn, Hanks, Ledger, & Gyllenhaal get to safely tackle the gay roles, that's one thing. But saying Sean Penn or Ben Kingsley or Meryl Streep are in "blackface" because they play something they're not is fucking disingenuous. You're taking away these actors great gift by comparing them to sideshows.

Last edited:

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
[/B]
knee-deep in BizarroLand bullshit.
QUOTE]

you have some good points, but we're ALL knee-deep in bizarroland bullshit when it comes to hollywood. the bottom line is it's a business and everything else is secondary. studio films are NOT an artform in the united states.
don't kid yourself about that.

in my post, i did mention that gay actors play straight guys all the time, but you might have been writing your post while i was still editing mine, if you look at the times of the posts.

willtom[I]"f the argument is: Gay actors should come out of the closet and stand up & be counted -- and that it's really fucked we live in a society where straight box-office names like Penn, Hanks, Ledger, & Gyllenhaal get to safely tackle the gay roles, that's one thing. But saying Sean Penn or Ben Kingsley or Meryl Streep are in "blackface" because they play something they're not is fucking disingenuous. You're taking away these actors great gift by comparing them to sideshows."
[/I]

yeah, that was the main point of my argument.
btw, people loved those blackface shows at the time. maybe meryl
streep should play men's roles, i'm sure she'd be great, would probably actually win another oscar.

Last edited: