Seasonal Changes and Libido

What seasonal type (cold, warm, hot, cool) do you have highest libido?

• Cold Winter Months

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Warm Spring Months

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Hot Summer Months

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Cool Autumn Months

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Hot and Cold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warm and Cool

• Hot and Cool

• Cold and Warm

• Warm and Hot

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Cold and Cool

• No Change

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters

parr

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Any change for me would be coincidental with life events.

A little voice in my head is saying, when it's:
-Hot outside = wear less, attract more
-Cold = snuggle up with affection to someone close
-Tepid = most active, most chance of "interaction"

I believe you have the right idea.:biggrin1:

GayFrog

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I consider myself a romantic and during a cold winter's night there is nothing warmer than a crackling fireplace, a glass of red wine and lying on a bearskin rug with the one you love. In the early springs the sweet sound of songbirds brings out the romantic me. During the summer romance is everywhere and nothing could be finer than lying on the beach with your lover and looking up at the stars. During the fall strolling hand in hand under a harvest moon and stealing a kiss under a golden maple is sweeter than apple cider. As the seasons change one thing remains constant my libido.

NoH8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thanks for alerting me to this thread. I've never thought about this question so I couldn't give an accurate response. But here's a try:

My libido varies according to my moods and my moods vary with a number of things including the weather.

Winter makes me depressed. Cold makes me lonely. I might masturbate to distract myself or to relax.

Summer makes me happier. Hot sun makes me feel more outgoing and confident. I might think about hooking up with someone for fun. I'm more likely to meet someone out or at the beach.

So strictly speaking, I can be horny in heat or cold, but it's actually a different mood, one is more solitary and the other is more social.

I can also be very horny when I'm angry or frustrated. That's independant of the weather. I'm also extra horny when I'm overtired, it's like being stoned. These days I'm never drunk, but I can remember way back when that helped too!

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not honestly sure if I've ever noticed when my libido takes an upturn. I know that during a cold snap I noticed it took an upturn. That said, I have also taken upturns during warmer weather too which I've also noticed too.
Just as the weather improves, especially in Scotland, I notice that people smile more, feel better with the sun being around more, so produce vitamin D, release endorphines, hormones etc & that the obious effect is there's more bare flesh on view as people wear less clothing. Now seeing folk shed those winter fashions can only be a good thing.
I think we also prefer to see folk with less clothes & a tan (again particularly in Scotland) as it signifies the end of those miserable winter nights.
So IF I have a preference I'd have to go with a warmer climate, but I think that's just because I hate the cold.
Great answer and well thought out! Course you didn't answer the second part..if you experience a change in the TYPE of sexual encounter...but I will forgive you:kiss: I think that, particualarly in the colder climes, the sun coming out, and the celbration of it (less clothes, more beach time, happier people) generally help stir the old libido. :smile:
No change whatsoever for me. I have a ridiculously stable libido.

I'm interested to see the responses in this thread.
Yours is insan-o stable! lol! but you didn't answer the second part either! :frown: though I think we could guess the answer, lol.
I can't say I have any "real" seasonal change in my libido.

Only thing that might effect it is that women tend to wear less clothes in the summer months.
So your more along the lines of Scot then. Hotter weather+less clothes+more visual stimulation=more horniness:smile:But again didn't answer the second part! UGH! maybe it is time for a new thread...hmmmmm....
Definitely the summer is when I get the horniest. I don't know, everything feels 'brighter' when the sun's shining all the time (well, it's England, so that's overstating things a bit, but you get the idea...) so maybe it's just a knock-on of that, but I think the warmth does seem to trigger the thoughts of sex more often. Or as the philosopher W. Smith said in his 1991 study into social interactions between the sexes during the warmer months 'Summertime', it's "like the summer's a natural aphrodisiac".

Though it could honestly just be that women wear a bit less when it's warm.

LMAO!

I was just about to say 'now why does that sound so familiar...? I know! It was Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince!' I was momentarily very impressed with the level of research that went into their lyrics. Ya know, until I clicked the link *rolls eyes*

Are you doubting Dr. W. Smith and Professor J. Jeff's scientific credentials? Who does this girl think she is?!
K answering you both as you are such a team, lol! So we have at least one more person in the "hot means more skin so more randy" group. Redz! you didnt answer! :tongue: And Neither of ya answered the second part!

There was a second part, right? *runs to check*

Yep it is still there...lol!
I really never have even thought about it ....it could take me a year to decide ...lol
I will wait :biggrin: i am interested to know what you think! So that is your homework! :tongue:
Hard to say, really.....

My urges don't change but my moods do:

In colder weather, I get more romantic about it - looking for someone to snuggle up to and keep warm with. But in the warmer Summer months, seeing all the hot shirtless guys down at the beach in their wet board-shorts gets me just plain horny.
FINALLY! some one is answering BOTH parts!!!!! LOL!

Thank you Willow! So you seem to run parallel to me; no libido change but change on what i want to satisfy it:biggrin:
I think the Beauty around me, be it people or nature has been the influencing factor in my Libido responses

Autumn has been the favourite season i have noticed, i assumed for a long time that Spring was the one, but naaaah overall Autumn for me

Would be keen to know what knowledgeable statisticians could come up with re info of 9 months after a given season
enz
You remind me of my Friend "A". she Loves Autumn and notoices a marked increase in her libido as soon as the weather starts cooling and the leaves start changing.

*sigh* again though, a person didn't answer the second part...*sob*lol
Ditto.......
I figured as much, you seem to run on constantly horny, no matter what! :kiss:

*grumbles about the need to maake new thread to address second part*
No change for me.

Always horny no matter the time of year.
No surprise on tha one, though do you notice a change as to what you want? Like more gentital snuggling in one season or another compared to more rough fucking in another?

*starts word doc to make new thread*
I don't notice any change at all. I'm always a little horny.
And we would want you no other way!

*continues word doc for new thread*
I am the same all year around. I also get very romantic in the fall. Its my favorite season. The leaves change colors and beautiful weather.
*GASP!* a whole SECOND person to address the second part!!! *faints*

LMAO

So the change in the leaves signals a more romantic side fom Mr. Snakey?

*books tickets for the falll*

i like red wines...:wink:
I'm always a little horny as long as I'm not on the rag.
LOL! Well there ya go! Seems like a lot of us are fairly stable libido-wise! But do you get more romantic and snuggly at any point or throw down and fuck at another?

*continues word doc*
My libido alters according to my mood but I'm sure I'm slightly friskier in the summer months or when visiting warmer climes. This is probably because I live in the UK and being able to wear less in summer feels more sensual: sun on skin; a breeze on flesh; wearing dresses more frequently.
So in the UK the sun comes out and people get all horny!

*books tickets to see UK friends for the summer*

*accidentally deletes word doc. Cusses vehemently, begins again*

None on the poll fit me, mine changed due to my age.:biggrin1:
LOL! I will say then you were moostly stable till age change, lol
Any change for me would be coincidental with life events.

A little voice in my head is saying, when it's:
-Hot outside = wear less, attract more
-Cold = snuggle up with affection to someone close
-Tepid = most active, most chance of "interaction"
WONDERFUL post! so Autum and Spring are your busiest times?
I believe you have the right idea.:biggrin1:
AH! so you did answer after all!

Another two for those who answered both q's! (so what if one was infered! I'm counting it!)
I consider myself a romantic and during a cold winter's night there is nothing warmer than a crackling fireplace, a glass of red wine and lying on a bearskin rug with the one you love. In the early springs the sweet sound of songbirds brings out the romantic me. During the summer romance is everywhere and nothing could be finer than lying on the beach with your lover and looking up at the stars. During the fall strolling hand in hand under a harvest moon and stealing a kiss under a golden maple is sweeter than apple cider. As the seasons change one thing remains constant my libido.
Not jut your libido but your cravings as well it seems! You are a romantic through and through! And did anyone else get hot reading that paragraph? I did! Now i am craving a sexy romantic night on the beach, with birds chirping a fire going and drinking wine and letting the night go where it will.

*texts FB to see about arranging such a thing*
I haven't seem to notice a change at anytime. I still get off regardless of the Season! :)
Can I get off with you? :biggrin: Do you notice a change in what you want?

*gets back to rewriting utline for new thread*
Thanks for alerting me to this thread. I've never thought about this question so I couldn't give an accurate response. But here's a try:

My libido varies according to my moods and my moods vary with a number of things including the weather.

Winter makes me depressed. Cold makes me lonely. I might masturbate to distract myself or to relax.

Summer makes me happier. Hot sun makes me feel more outgoing and confident. I might think about hooking up with someone for fun. I'm more likely to meet someone out or at the beach.

So strictly speaking, I can be horny in heat or cold, but it's actually a different mood, one is more solitary and the other is more social.

I can also be very horny when I'm angry or frustrated. That's independant of the weather. I'm also extra horny when I'm overtired, it's like being stoned. These days I'm never drunk, but I can remember way back when that helped too!
Cool reply! Tha you for answering thouoghly! *looks meaningfully at the ones who didn't, but can't hold stern face and smiles,ruining effect*

My masterbation needs seem consitent. They don't seem to change anymore than the rest of my libido does. The only thing for me that changes is what i want when i am with someone.

Than you for all who posted! Hopefully more will. I kinda want to see, after a while, and if more post, what the breakdown will look like over a year...or more:confused::smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yours is insan-o stable! lol! but you didn't answer the second part either! :frown: though I think we could guess the answer, lol.

No need to start a new thread! I'm sure we'll all be happy to answer your second part :tongue:. My 'no change' actually referred to both level and type. I just wanna fuck and fuck hard all the time. I do have less energy in summer because I bloody hate the heat, but I still want hard fucking.

So in the UK the sun comes out and people get all horny!

If you show them skin in the winter they get just as horny :biggrin1::tongue:. When I was in the UK in 2000-01, I used to wear tiny singlets under my heavy winter jacket because I HATED the way everyone seemed to overheat the inside of buildings (did I say I hate heat?). So it's the middle of winter, and as soon as I got inside a building I would be stripping down to this tiny singlet. Every male head in the vicinity would be turned towards me, and I swear I actually saw drool more than once. So I'm guessing it's not so much the sun coming out, and more the showing of skin that isn't seen for much of the year.

Remington

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So your more along the lines of Scot then. Hotter weather+less clothes+more visual stimulation=more horniness:smile:But again didn't answer the second part! UGH! maybe it is time for a new thread...hmmmmm....

Heh, didn't notice the second part.

Far as that goes, no change either. I just like it rough with some crazy sprinkled on top.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

I really never thought about it. :confused:
My Libido is consistantly stable...horny and ready no matter
the time of year.
If there is a time at which I am a bit more charged, I probably would have to say it is in the Autumn.
Otherwise, I am the same as I was as a teenager...:yup:

Last edited:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

I really never thought about it. :confused:
My Libido is consistantly stable...horny and ready no matter
the time of year.
If there is a time at which I am a bit more charged, I probably would have to say it is in the Autumn.
Otherwise, I am the same as I was as a teenager...:yup:

Err . . . you didn't answer the second part :tongue:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hard to say really! I would hazard a guess it's all the god damned time.

Here in the tropics I'd say my libido kicks up a notch..just a natural solar panel for a sex machine I guess...
BUT...
Being in a lather of sweat and soaking the sheets just laying still on a hot, hot night with 100% humidity and 40 degree heat just fucking sucks.

In Winter (at least our version of it) nothing gets me hotter than thoughts of a lit fireplace, a beautiful plush rug, a bottle of Shiraz, the scent of a beef and red wine casserole, and fresh bread baking in the oven....and a lusty man to share it with.

My Libido is always high but the degree to which it increases is situation and mood dependent.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No surprise on tha one, though do you notice a change as to what you want? Like more gentital snuggling in one season or another compared to more rough fucking in another?

As usual, you ask the most probing (cough) questions. As it so happens if the weather gets damp (before a summer shower or snowstorm) my joints ache, especially my knees. When that happens, we tend to break the swing out or genitally snuggle more often. If I feel relatively pain free and haven't hit the dojo in a while, I'd like the workout of a good hard fucking.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My libido runs in cycles or waves, but my most consistent period of high-peak urgency is when the weather's the balmiest.

FWIW, this is a new-ish thing; I'd have answered differently 10-15 years ago.

D

deleted3782

Mine always decreases around New Years Day and doesn't come back up again till New Years Eve.