Seasoned my Wok tonight

gwmasiahk

Experimental Member
Media
Thanks, actually my new, as yet unused wok, is a "Royal Doulton" I don't think it's carbon steel, but as I'm here in Hong Kong, I can simply pop out and get a cheap one !! Should be better to be authentic. Thanks again.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow I had one of those a zillion years ago. It was made by a company called Taylor and Ng. I don't think they exist anymore. It was a great wok though. I have an All Clad wok now; works great.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you're seasoning cast iron or a wok or something and the smoke alarms don't go off, you're not doing it right.
That's why when I do the cast iron pan I always disconnect the detector. That doesnt stop neighbors from calling the fire department though which is a nice way to meet a few sexy firemen.

D_Polyxena Pasties

Just Browsing
Media
Pictures or it didn't happen! Sorry, I'm such a foodie. Don't you just love smoking the house up? I do that whenever I use my grill pan. When I lived in NYC, someone once called the fire department.

That was a fun day.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
The Wok has made fried rice so much better. The only thing im not understanding about it is when i cook something with a sticky sauce that i have to put hot water in it to clean it out. This ultimately messes up the seasoning by washing some of the oils out of the pan and then i have to keep reseasoning it in order to keep it a nonstick surface. Or else my egg and rice stick to it horribly.

Hand_Solo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It'll stick less the more seasoned it becomes with use. Just don't use soap when you clean it. Boiling a bit of water in it is fine, and a stiff nylon brush if necessary-same as a cast iron skillet. When it's clean, dry it, heat it up a bit on the stove and re-oil it. If it doesn't have a wooden handle, you might try seasoning it in your oven. Lightly coat it with oil, or even better lard, and bake the hell out of it for an hour or two, at least 450 F. When you take it out, black shiny glass-like surface=hot enough, sticky oil residue=not hot enough.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you so much! This is hands down the best wok on the planet! I'm ordering one right now!
You're welcome. Once you have it and it's properly seasoned you'll have to have and host The First Annual Amputees of America Orgy and Dinner Party for me to celebrate {I can bring guests right? Galt is itching to dance in a wok}

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
in my apartment building the state-of=the-art fire alarm would sense the smoke, sound the building evacuation alarm, make a hallway announcement in three languages, close all the hallway doors, and summon the fire department.

when the battalion chief, six engines and trucks, and paramedics arrive, you would have a lot of good looking firefighters to choose from.