sebaceous cyst

kanstlye

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
well , i went to the doctor the other day , after having a bump on my scotum for like 5 months , he said i had an sebaceous cyst, he said i could have it removed but it could leave a scar , but i was wondering do any of you know of a way to reduce the size of one or remove it your self , like with that at home wart remover kit ?

dcw4

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
NOOO,
have it removed!
Or go to utube and search for sebaceous cyst.
I had a blocked tube in my testes removed ( the size of a pool-ball) and
3 small cysts removed from the side of my penis.
the damn things would not go away, and they where not warts.
I have no STD's or anything, but, they looked a little odd.
scars go away, mine are already faded. on my balls, cant even see it.
on my dick, almost invisible.
dont delay, i wish i did it years ago.
dcw4

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Have it removed. A scar on your scrotum is hardly going to be noticeable.

It won't go away on it's own and might gradually grow bigger. There's no home treatment that will work.

D_Jerry_Atric

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Have it removed. My friend's brother had a non cancerous cyst on his balls and it was so large that it looked like he had a 3rd nut and he'd show that to everyone!

I have no idea if he ever got it removed or not.

jay-c

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can't believe he said you could remove it yourself. The thing can get infected and then you will have bigger problems.

I had two scrotal sebaceous cysts excised by my dermatologist a few months ago. You get a local anesthetic in the scrotum (doesn't feel great) but then you won't feel a thing for the actual excisions. It took me about 10 days to heal and the stitches fell out on their own. That was it.

You would have to know that I had surgery to see the scars. They are barely noticeable! Good luck.

eug

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
sounds like a dermoid cyst, as in a whitish lump in the scrotal sac. easily removed under local anaestetic. sometimes they rupture spontaneously, not unlike a spot. There's no home treatment,sorry to say.
Had 2 removed a few years ago and they've returned. Luckily they're harmless.

suineg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I just got diagnosed with one of these. It is not on my scrotum, but just to the left in the crease of the leg/pelvis. Doc said I may need surgery, but I need to try a heat pad for a week to see what happens. Due to its location, and now it's size, it hurts when I run or bike!

Some cysts can come to a head and spontaneously rupture. You can try to make that happen with the regular application of moist heat or use drawing salve under a bandage. Your cyst may be near enough to the surface for that to happen. If it's quite deep though, it's best to get it removed.

karldergrosse

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A sebaceous cyst can be annoying, but fortunately it's harmless: a pore that has become stopped up and is collecting the body's naturally produced oil. If it's small enough, I've heard of its being home-treated by puncturing it (a shallow, tolerable pinprick) and squeezing the collected matter out. If too large, the surgical removal by a doctor is anything but a major operation: local anesthetic and a small scalpel slice. I agree with other posters--it would be best to have it removed...and scarring should be negligible and inclined to fade with time. I have a friend who had a honkin' big, slowly growing one on his forehead for a hell of a lot longer than I would have tolerated it. The scar is now, a couple of years later, practically invisible.