Secretary of State Hillary Clinton

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 1BiGG1, Nov 14, 2008.

1. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

2. philreg

philreg Member

Albums:
    This is still speculation at the minute, and from an outsiders point of view I think most people are expecting HRC to have some role in the Obama Administration.

I think it would be a viable idea, but that is again from an outsiders point of view!

3. fxc1100

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I doubt this will happen. That means they will lose a Democratic senate seat or at least it's now up for grabs.

4. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Better that than Justice Hillary Clinton.

5. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

The nice thing about intelligence... is that intelligence is capable of discerning the areas in which it might be lacking, and of determining who would be able to provide the needed experience and judgment.

Obama picked a better, more capable campaign team, and managed his team more effectively, than any rival.

Thus far, His Cabinet considerations have reflected the same level of astute judgement in selecting for the experience and competence that each post will demand.

Hillary would bring a good deal of experience and close connections to leaders world wide.
    She would also bring some baggage... Her Husband's work might be misconstrued as being in competition with hers as Sec. of State.

For Hillary the decision has to hinge on whether she feels she can faithfully execute his intentions.

But, by and large... Obama keeps impressing me with the sincerity of his pledge to bring this nation together and heal the divisions.
    His choices remind me of Lincoln, who put adversaries in high posts... and always took into consideration their views in decision making.

By the end of his presidency.. perhaps Obama will be as highly thought of as was Lincoln by the the men who came into his administration hating him.

6. Principessa

Gold Member

She wouldn't have been my first choice; but then again I'm not sure who I would choose for the position. :confused:
    According to WikiAnswers, the secretary of state is the administrator of the Department of State and the principal spokesperson for the President on U.S. foreign policy. The secretary serves as a member of the President's “inner cabinet” of advisers and, by law, as a member of the National Security Council. The secretary has the primary responsibility for preparing the budget for foreign affairs programs, including diplomatic missions, foreign aid to developing nations, and contributions to multinational organizations such as the World Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, and the International Monetary Fund.

7. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

While you are on this euphoric trip of alleged intelligence lets remember Obama appointing ”whitey invented AIDS to kill people of color’ and ”Goddamn America” Reverend Wright to a leadership committee while he was he his spiritual leader and pastor, “good friend” and “mentor” for 20 years.

8. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

not quite

his selections indicate a continuation of free trade policies with the PRC, even as the chinese continue to pursue a policy of currency manipulation that will undermine American economic security

9. pym

pym New Member

You poor deluded ASS-HOLE.

10. B_JohnTheHorse

B_JohnTheHorse New Member

I see Hillary as Obama's peer not a subordinate. I hope she stays in the Senate where she has much more influence. I bet you he fires her within a year if she goes to state.

11. curious n str8

curious n str8 New Member

Albums:
    I don't see it...that would make him dumber than MCCain and Palin put together. If he wants to run for a second term why on earth would you give your opponent the best training they could receive? feed back anyone?

12. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

Gasp! I have never had a nightmare that I know of but the Justice thought = I may start now!

If the truth bothers you don’t read it.

I had the same thought. She is a polarizing and commanding figure I can see as having potential problems as well but who knows, she dealt with Bill’s shenanigans for how many years and I doubt it was out of love for Bill so maybe she will be on her best behavior to further her own agenda like another run in four years.

13. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

This is comical. 2/3 of his team are Clinton handmedowns. Hillary will be Sec of State. Hilarious.

Have fun with this liberals. :biggrin1:

14. houtx48

Gold Member

ol bill richardson will be the choice is my bet.

15. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Give that man a cee-gar!

16. OldPArtner

OldPArtner New Member

IMO it will be John Kerry (reporting for duty lol).

17. mindseye

Gold Member

For twenty-six years, George W. Bush was "mentored" by a Nazi financier. He invited a prostitute into the White House, who on multiple occasions, failed to check out at the end of the day.

Do you really want to engage in transitive character-assassination?

18. texas41-38

texas41-38 Member

Among other things the President Elect is working to build a permanent Democratic Majority. The heartbroken HRC supporters of August turned out in droves for him at the polls in November. His Clinton based cabinet and HRC as SOS keeps the base and the moderate in tow. It allows him to govern from the center of perhaps a slight right of center. Hillary and the President Elect are both very pragmatic people. She is in her second term in the Senate and has no real power, is the jr. Senator from her state, and heads no important committees. Also without looking it up, I think the SOS is something like 5th in the line of sucession. She would prefer the high court, but at 62 that isnt going to work. Richardson will be the Ambassador to the UN. HRC and Michelle Obama appear to genuinely like each other which is a win for everyone. Bill puts in a monthly appearance and the party suddenly has FDR type unity. The bar has been set so low by W, that he cannot help but be a star. He will also pull in prominent respected non evangelical R's like Sen. Hagel and Sec of Defense Gates. Additionally with the 58th seat now almost a lock in Alsaska he will add two R senators to his cabinet to flip those seats.

The man may turn out to be a total bust. That is the chance that we take whenever we elect them or the Supreme Court appoints them. But good Lord, the stars are lined up for him to change not just the country, but the world. And BTW while I am a Yelladawgdem, I did not vote for him. I wrote in HRC.

19. OldPArtner

OldPArtner New Member

Specter for HHS? Snowe for Homeland Security?

Maybe some enticements for Collins, Voinovich, Grassley, Roberts, Bond, Alexander, Corker, Gregg, Brownback, McConnell, Bunning, or Burr?

Those are the only potential opportunities for flipping seats, because those would be all the R Senators (ordered by voteview.com lib-con ranking, except that Specter is more conservative than Collins) in states with D governors who would then be able to appoint D Senators.

IMO Specter is the one most likely to get picked off, because he's really old and frail and will have the fight of his life in 2010 against Gov. Rendell, who is really popular in the state and he's fairly liberal for a Republican anyway.

20. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

While I know the reality bothers you so that your hero only disavowed his “whitey invented AIDS to kill people of color” political appointee, pastor, good friend and mentor of 20 years after his tinfoil hat concoctions were exposed, claiming character-assassination and attempting to spin this off on somebody else ain’t gonna help you now. :wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted