Secrets for model like body

jermained

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Ok , so for all the really hot looking guys, what's your secret for looking great?

What do you eat? And what you are not allowed to eat? How many times do you hit the gym and what do you think that has helped you gain a lot of muscle and lose fat?

Share all the details and secrets here , so we can all improve and learn new things :wink:

D_Ernest Porknine

Experimental Member
Media
Diet will be at least 75% of your success for gaining muscle mass or losing body fat. You can train as hard as you want and do as many ab exercises as you can but you won't achieve your potential results without a proper diet. Beware of people that give you advice on diet too because everyone can be a bit different on what works for them. What works for ME may not work for YOU.

Since diet is so important it is vital to make a proper diet a part of your lifestyle. Fad diets will help you achieve your results but they are hard to stay with so in the end you may look worse than before when you get off of them. That is why learning to eat right 90% of the time will help you achive your results. And don't rush things. Success will come to those who stay with a program. IF it was easy everyone would be walking around buff now won't they?

kiahman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Flexx, that seems like such common sense, but being someone who wants to improve their body image, I thank you for your reply. It's funny no matter how much you can hear this advise, it's good to hear it and be reminded again to help a person get back on track.

Thanks...Great name by the way!

thetramp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
First of all you should inform yourself, don't fall for stupid lies about quick success,
that will just frustrate you and make you quit.

For example all those ads that tell you you can loose your belly with an ab trainer, which is just bullshit, you can train a certain muscle, but you can not burn certain fat.
That is why nutrition is very important, yet gaining muscle is a big part of burning fat, not only because you burn energy during the exercise, but because the growth of the muscles itself, which works countercyclical, meaning the muscles grow when you are resting them, burns energy, but you need to make sure that you can provide the right energy. Also each gained pound of muscle increases the amount of energy you burn in idle mode, the maintenance of muscles costs more energy.
But start realistic, don't start out by being every day in the gym for two weeks and wonder why it didn't really work, your muscles especially in the beginning need a lot of rest, and wanting to much to quickly often leads to disappointment and quiting.
Same with your nutrition, many go overboard by seeing what they should eat and creating a diet for that, the problem is they often end up with very few variation, which is a hard challenge, and often makes people quit it eventually.
Much more important than what you eat, is knowing what exactly it is, what it does for your body, where you should set your limits for it, it may seems like a small step but knowing about nutrition and eating with consciousness goes a long way to a healthy and sustainable diet, from which you will profit a lot more than from q quick diet out of a magazine or something. Be sure you need to change your life, even tho just a little but you need to change it, it is not enough to just do something for 2 weeks, a month or half a year. So make sure to change it in a way you can handle, and once you achieved that go further from there. It will get easier, because once your body is used to hard work, he craves for it, you need it and will not have to overcome yourself to do it, also mistakes are easier forgiven because of the increased basic energy requirements of your body.

I work out in the gym 2-3 times a week, i have practice 2 tiems a week, sometimes gameday on the weekend, and 2-3 tiems a week i do some cardio and endurance training.
And i wouldn't say i got any secrets.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Eat right and exercise."

After having good results over the past nine months, it annoys me that it's really that simple. :D Listen to the guys who posted so far.

Jathe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
the best advice I can give you? scoobysworkshop.com It's for bodybuilders etc., and personally I don't think of bodybuilding as just adding on muscle, I also like to think of it as doing renovations. Diet IS important! I'm naturally skinny though, so I dont really ahve to worry about my weight, BUT, everyone has a 6+-pack, it's just under a bunch of fat. You cannot aim a "magic" gun at it and make it disappear, it's a total body thing. It isn't an instant fix either, it takes time, and hard work. Good Luck!

D_Alec_Baldtwins

Account Disabled
Media
It takes a change in lifestyle, and you have to change your relationship with food. If your primary way of choosing your next meal is "What yummy thing do I want to eat?", you're doomed from the start. Likewise, if you use food for comfort, as a social outlet, an anti-depressant, to deal with stress or unhappiness, or anything else other than fueling your body. You have to start thinking about what you're going to be doing for the next 24 hours, and fueling your body to meet those needs, with healthy, nutritious food choices.

Most people have no idea how many calories they need (or rather how few). There are a number of good calorie requirement calculators online. Find out. Likewise, most people are completely deluded as to how much they're really taking in in calories, especially those "little extras they eat that don't really count". Or do they? :)

As an example, I'm an active, in-shape, fairly built guy in my early 40's. 6 feet tall, 175 pounds. I work out HARD, 60-90 minutes a day, 7 days a week. My calories intake is supposed to be around 2300 calories per day. That's 3 meals of 500-600 calories, plus 3 snacks of 200-300 calories. Do you know how little food that translates into?

I won't insult you by telling you what your diet should look like. You already know, and if you don't, there's plenty of information out there. You need to find something you can live with that fits your lifestyle. What works for me - almost everything I eat is either distinctly plant or animal, and the animal is lean meats, mostly fish and some chicken. I stay away from processed foods, sugar, and fast food of any kind. Lots of fruits and vegetables. Whole grains. Lots of water.

Exercise, you need to work out hard for about an hour a day, 5-6 days a week to look good and be really fit. That's in combination with good diet. 3 days a week of aerobic work. 3 days a week of strength training. Again, you need to find a program that works for you, that fits your lifestyle. The 20-minutes-a-day, three-times-a-week thing you hear on the morning news is horseshit. That may be enough for cardiovascular fitness, but not enough to maintain a tight body, especially as you start to get a little older.

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I actually really don't think that it is altogether so hard. I work out at the gym around 4 times a week. I have a pretty strenuous routine that takes me about 90 minutes, but I really enjoy it. On the off days I do some basic exercises at home.

For me, diet is a huge component. I make a point of watching my portions but I do eat more or less whatever I want. My general rule is to avoid white foods as they are likely to be either naturally calorie-dense or very processed. No potatoes, white bread, sugar, flour, white rice, etc. I also rarely eat anything fried.

In terms of calories, I probably average around 1500 daily. Every calculation tells me that I should be eating more but I can't bring myself to do so. I'm just not that hungry, and common sense tells me that if I'm not hungry, don't eat. Sometimes I don't have any appetite for an extended period of time, and when that starts to happen I will sort of force myself to eat.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you want to look great, follow the good advice above on diet coupled with exercise.

If you want to look like a model, take a lot of diuretics before your photoshoot, don't eat or drink the day of, and then hand the photos over to someone who is very talented with Photoshop. Wash, rinse, repeat.

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Depends what you class 'model type' as.

Diet is the biggest factor by far, diets are person specific and depends on what condition you are currently in. Generally fat must be below 50g a day, even when bulking.

Exerise is very person specific also, some person might have to work out 6 times
a week to maintain/keep in shape.
Some won't even see a gym.

Your social life is a key part of making you a happier person, which will be healthy mentally.

Sleep is a major one as well, lack of sleep can do horrible things to your physical and mental health and can cause major problems.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
alx touched on it, but besides all of the above great advice, there are different types of bodies on models. Are you wanting a muscle mag model type body, fitness mag model, the skinny clothes model type?

No doubt ALL of the above depend heavily on diet and most need exercise of some sort.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can't really add anything else about the importance of diet and exercise and general well being, but models like people come in many shapes and sizes. The most important thing is making the most of your body and life by making what you have the best possible.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For me, diet is a huge component. I make a point of watching my portions but I do eat more or less whatever I want. My general rule is to avoid white foods as they are likely to be either naturally calorie-dense or very processed. No potatoes, white bread, sugar, flour, white rice, etc. I also rarely eat anything fried.

What's crazy is that many people go for months only eating what you explicitly avoid. Maybe they'll add burgers or some token salads for "protein" and "vegetables", but if it ain't starched and fried, they don't wanna eat it.

lucidbass

Experimental Member
Media
Not sure if it's been said yet but;

LISTEN TO YOUR BODY.

I think that's more important than anything. So many people go by statistics or numbers or diet plans. It's bull. No body is the same and it's your job to listen to your own body. Try as many work-out routines as you can until you find the one YOU feel comfortable with (stick to a single one for at least 8 weeks, though) and feels best for you. I got the best results doing 5 x 5, 3 times per week, each day training a different part of my body.

Eat as much as you want, until your body says you are full. If your body says you are full, stop. When your body says you're hungry you gotta provide it with food. What you eat is more important than how much you eat. I got the best results when I was eating like a maniac. All fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, fatty fish and whole grains, though.

Don't worry about fat, just make sure it's good fat (fish, nuts, avocado, etc -- some people even swear by a 50% fat diet, getting most energy from fats rather than carbs)
Don't worry about sugars, just make sure they're good sugars (fruits and berries, strawberries are an excellent source for sugar)
Fried food is not a bad idea, just make sure it's fried in fresh vegetable oil like olive oil.

Obviously, if your mental or physical condition inhibits any of that (let's say, depression, mania, etc), it's a good idea to set out a bit of a plan there, because that's when your mind is trying to fool your body. But most of the time it's all about listening to what your body has to say.

It's also a good idea to take notes from vegan diets. Not to be vegan (I'm not vegan or vegetarian), but vegans tend to have more varied diets than omnivores. Take some cues from vegan websites to learn about new healthy foods (and alternate sources of protein), but if you eat meat/fish/eggs, by all means keep doing it.

Also, this kinda contradicts what I said about listening to your body (at first), but try eating every 3 hours for a stable metabolism. Within a week, you'll get hungry around those times, though.

There's a reason why there are a million ways to achieve that lean, cut body. Because there are millions of different people. Yes, there are a lot things that will definitely make you fat and unhealthy. Just avoid those things. For the most part it's about fulfilling the needs your body expresses.

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
as much as you want[/I], until your body says you are full. If your body says you are full, stop.
That is the only part of your post that I disagree with. Medical science tells us that it takes up to 20 minutes for the nervous system to communicate to the brain that the stomach is full. That's why we need to exercise portion control or else we can very easily overeat.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I ate as much as I wanted in each sitting, I'd be downing maybe 4000 calories per day.

I like counting calories; it's been working for me. Here's the trick, though -- once you start counting everything you eat or drink, you start to notice which foods suck and which don't. You can get your entire calorie intake for the day in just ten minutes with a package of Pop Tarts, some cheese n' peanut butter crackers, a Snickers, and a Mountain Dew; or you can gorge yourself on three good, BIG meals of fruits, veggies, and lean meats.

Guess which method is more satisfying.