See this is why I hate right wing christians

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Mark_UK, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Mark_UK

Mark_UK New Member

Albums:
    People sometimes have a go at me for my views about lunatic right wing christian fundamentalists, but then you find stuff like this True Christian Church of Christ
    and I wouldn't recommend looking at some of the content because it is pretty extreme hate mongering, I read some of it and felt ill.Now someone please tell me that this isn't what sane Americans believe.

2. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't see what you on about at that web site but then I don't care to read much about it. Please, call a nut a nut. This isn't a religion its a moral code. No different then extremist all over the world. True religion isn't pushed on those that choose not to follow.

#2 Deno, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  3. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

religious zealots and their inability to recognize others rights to their own beliefs are causing much of the strife in the world today. I don't think God wants us fighting and killing each other in His name.

4. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Added in editing: I am not certain that this Web site is for real. It could be a hoax, in which case the joke is on us.

The guy is not even representative of right-wing Christians. He's representative of biblical literalist idiots. Here's a sample from that site, from the page headed "The Earth ISN'T Round!":
    There follow a number of biblical quotations that "prove" that the earth is flat. Then he addresses the matter of photographs of the earth taken from space:
    The page does show you something about how the minds of these people work. If they think that some claim is made in the Bible, then they are not merely unpersuaded by empirical evidence to the contrary; they are delighted to dismiss such evidence. The more their belief defies reality, the stronger it shows their faith to be, and the greater their superiority over people who don't share it.

#4 Calboner, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  5. D_Brecock Evileye

D_Brecock Evileye New Member

I am an American but I dont know about sane. lol I think all that stuff is a bunch of bull sh!t. I have always enjoyed horror and monsters and people inclueding a few religious nus in my own family think I am some kind of devil worshoping psycho killer. I cant even stand to see an animal that has been run over and these people shun me for liking the Wolf-man. They are idiots.

6. Mark_UK

Mark_UK New Member

Albums:
    It is a real church Louis Theroux made a documentary about it, they picket the funerals of American soldiers, saying that they died because God is angry with America.
    I remember watching it and thinking 'yep these people are completely and utterly barking mad'

7. D_Cock_Hudson

D_Cock_Hudson New Member

Thankfully people like this group are rare and most people who are Christians (or have another faith) are not like this at all.

8. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    I would have given him more credit if he said there were alien bases on the moon. We would never have any idea because no one has been there side from a few astronauts.

I think it is fairly easy to prove that the Earth is round, look at the shadow of Earth during a lunar eclipse...

9. Meniscus

Gold Member

You're thinking of Westboro Baptist Church.

Westboro Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    The site is almost certainly a hoax. There is no telephone listing for any "True Christian Church of Christ" in Blytheville, Arkansas, no listing for anyone by the name of Nicholls in that town, and no listing for anyone named Jim Nicholls in the state of Arkansas (which is probably why the author of the site chose the name). Here is another sample from the site (from the home page):

Draft saved Draft deleted