Seeing a buddy’s dick

D

deleted140118

So I am very comfortable with my body and normally, all of close friends will see me naked at one time or another. I am bi but most of my friends are straight. 99% of them as mentioned have seen me naked and don’t care. However, I have one friend who got weird about me being naked. Essentially, he was very uncomfortable and asked that if we stay in a room together at an event or something that I essentially cover up because he doesn’t want to see it if he doesn’t have to. For me, It’s almost like a bonding experience and my other friends do the same with me except this one specific friend. I have to also mention that I am prior military so seeing another dudes dick is extremely normal. I’m upset with myself because I made him uncomfortable, but should seeing another dudes dick make you that uncomfortable??? So for the straight guys, does it bother you to see your friends dick?

Murphys

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So I am very comfortable with my body and normally, all of close friends will see me naked at one time or another. I am bi but most of my friends are straight. 99% of them as mentioned have seen me naked and don’t care. However, I have one friend who got weird about me being naked. Essentially, he was very uncomfortable and asked that if we stay in a room together at an event or something that I essentially cover up because he doesn’t want to see it if he doesn’t have to. For me, It’s almost like a bonding experience and my other friends do the same with me except this one specific friend. I have to also mention that I am prior military so seeing another dudes dick is extremely normal. I’m upset with myself because I made him uncomfortable, but should seeing another dudes dick make you that uncomfortable??? So for the straight guys, does it bother you to see your friends dick?
For me, no, it wouldn’t. But the question then sorta pivots and becomes, would you be ok if I wasn’t comfortable being nude on front of others? That is, would it bother you if I kept covered up?

Reactions: kev2001
D

deleted140118

For me, no, it wouldn’t. But the question then sorta pivots and becomes, would you be ok if I wasn’t comfortable being nude on front of others? That is, would it bother you if I kept covered up?
Great question and not at all!!! Some of my friends do cover up and I don’t care either way. I want my friends to be completely comfortable with me and that’s however you would like to be. Would definitely not be offended at all.

Murphys

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Great question and not at all!!! Some of my friends do cover up and I don’t care either way. I want my friends to be completely comfortable with me and that’s however you would like to be. Would definitely not be offended at all.
For me, as long each respective comfort level is known and respected, then that’s all that matters. I’m not one who’s generally comfortable being nude around others, so I may, per your example, opt to stay partially clothed. But I don’t think I’d have issue with you being nude.

(How well each person knows the other is a key and important factor here.)

Reactions: Gj816 and kev2001

grommet10429360

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Ex military too and live d in Europe most of my friends have seen me naked and vice Versa. If there is one who wishes to cover up then no issue. If they are uncomfortable seeing me than again, no issue. In fact I was the one with the issue for so long as I was, up until recently, the only one in my circle of friends who is cut. Bought out the teasing and Roundhead and Cavaliers arguement Not until fairly recently with my other group of friends that the sides changed and I have now got more friends who have been or are circumcised all shapes and size and that goes for penis as well as body sizes lol. You got what god gave you and it’s up to you how you present it

D

deleted140118

For me, as long each respective comfort level is known and respected, then that’s all that matters. I’m not one who’s generally comfortable being nude around others, so I may, per your example, opt to stay partially clothed. But I don’t think I’d have issue with you being nude.

(How well each person knows the other is a key and important factor here.)
Well that’s the thing, this friend is like a brother to me so I was a little taken back by it. Again, I don’t care what others do as long as they are happy and comfortable. I guess I just feel like it should be the same for me too. I absolutely respect other people comfort levels and definitely will stay completely covered with this friend. I was just curious if others that are straight had issues with it. I guess I’m looking for a pattern or if me being bi and free with my body was a “me” thing.

Murphys

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well that’s the thing, this friend is like a brother to me so I was a little taken back by it. Again, I don’t care what others do as long as they are happy and comfortable. I guess I just feel like it should be the same for me too. I absolutely respect other people comfort levels and definitely will stay completely covered with this friend. I was just curious if others that are straight had issues with it. I guess I’m looking for a pattern or if me being bi and free with my body was a “me” thing.
I don’t think it’s a you thing. My issue with staying partially covered has nothing to do with sexuality. I’m just not overly confident with my body (I do the towel dance in the locker room, and don’t go shirtless anywhere). So, that’s my thing with not being nude.

Reactions: Gj816 and kev2001
D

deleted140118

I don’t think it’s a you thing. My issue with staying partially covered has nothing to do with sexuality. I’m just not overly confident with my body (I do the towel dance in the locker room, and don’t go shirtless anywhere). So, that’s my thing with not being nude.
I totally get that and respect that. Like I said, I don’t care what others do. But if it bothers someone that I am nude then I guess my thoughts are to look away lol. Also, me being nude besides, when I’m about to have sex, is definitely not sexual. It’s just my comfort level with my body. I go to nude beaches and don’t do the towel dance but that doesn’t mean I am offended if anyone else does it.

Murphys

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I totally get that and respect that. Like I said, I don’t care what others do. But if it bothers someone that I am nude then I guess my thoughts are to look away lol. Also, me being nude besides, when I’m about to have sex, is definitely not sexual. It’s just my comfort level with my body. I go to nude beaches and don’t do the towel dance but that doesn’t mean I am offended if anyone else does it.
I kinda envy that comfort level you have with your body.

I don’t equate nudity with being something sexual. Sure, for some situations nudity means sex, but not in every situation.

grommet10429360

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I kinda envy that comfort level you have with your body.

I don’t equate nudity with being something sexual. Sure, for some situations nudity means sex, but not in every situation.
Would not necessarily say I am 100% at ease. Generally amongst close friends and sometimes in the company of strangers but I have noted over the generations, things have got bigger and I can’t help feel eyes judging me tho

sulvca

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Not everyone has what you and I have in common. That being prior military, they had us leave our modesty at the gate and they rarely ever give it back to us.

You and I are good with being nude around each other but others haven't had similar life experiences.

It could be that your friend is jealous of you. Cause you're good looking and he's bothered by that.

D

deleted814719

We had a small, well-equipped gym where I worked. I worked out and saw colleagues from various departments every day. The facility included shower stalls, a steam room, a sauna, and a whirlpool. I don' t think anyone was uncomfortable being nude around colleagues as very, very few bothered to cover-up in the shower/steamroom/sauna/whirlpool area. Towels were generally carried over a shoulder or just in a hand allowing everyone's junk to be on full display. No one seemed to care.

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You mean that I have a bonding experience with old long balls joe? This guy would do the taxes naked on the locker if it wasn’t a wet scenario.
Naked people is just that doesn’t connect or anything.
What’s your excuse to be naked?
If you are sharing a room you could get out the bathroom changed. Jumping on a bathing suit is valid but is just a moment. I would expect more nudity on a gym/pool locker room.
Personally doesn’t bother me a little justified nudity but I don’t think I would be ok sharing my space with a nudist.

Reactions: Gj816 and ronin001
D

deleted17481971

Having spent a lot of time in sports and change rooms I agree you think what’s the big deal and don’t think anything of it

I’ve seen big men cover up and small dicjs parade as if hung like a horse

we are all different and need to just accept that - he may change when things get more regular between you - it’s not a sign of distancing

I guess too I feel less inclined to parade around with work colleagues if we have both been swimming or gym etc which I can’t say why! So there doesn’t need to be a reason

londonlad1990

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Doesn't bother me at all to see a buddy's dick and surprised your friend was so uncomfortable (ofc I don't know him). In the gym I'd do what I'd do at home before/after having a shower. I don't put a towel round me when taking off my shorts as I wouldn't do it at home as it's a minor hassle. But there are guys who will wave it around gratuitously, put every item of clothing and keep their dick hanging out, which is weird as you wouldn't do that at home.

Ofc there's an argument that I'm not at home, so I should cover up. But that's a weird social norm, we should feel free to be as comfortable in the locker room as we are at home.

D

deleted15423681

We had a small, well-equipped gym where I worked. I worked out and saw colleagues from various departments every day. The facility included shower stalls, a steam room, a sauna, and a whirlpool. I don' t think anyone was uncomfortable being nude around colleagues as very, very few bothered to cover-up in the shower/steamroom/sauna/whirlpool area. Towels were generally carried over a shoulder or just in a hand allowing everyone's junk to be on full display. No one seemed to care.
Same situation where I used to work as well. The only rule was no one was allowed to talk about work once inside the locker room and the rest of the facilities. It was time to just workout, unwind and disconnect from the daily grind. All hierarchy labels were left outside as well. Just became guys at the gym. What was great was the gym rat camaraderie did help defuse some heated work related conflicts.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Some people are more modest than others . It is not a matter of being bothered, just not wanting to see it ; or be seen. Prime example some people hide how much money they make / have saved. Some get offended if you ask their net worth. some can not stop talking about their last bonus; their last investment or what they own

texasman469

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
For me, it's not a hang up. I'm totally comfortable being naked. But will cover up if any awkwardness presents its self. Most of my friends to my knowledge are comfortable as well. It's not anything we actually have ever discussed.

Kade94

Expert Member
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Some of my college buddies had the same reaction, as if seeing a dick was something scary or will make them gay or something. I grew up playing sports so I have no problem with being naked or seeing other guys naked. I guess when you're in team sports or military you get used to that and feel totally comfortable. But for most guys public nudity is an unexplored territory and still associate nudity with sex, at least in America.