Seeing your friends?

OceanFloor14: Hey guys,
In some of the threads that i have read, the guys talk about jackin off with their friends. How did you guys come about this without your friend thinkin that you were homosexual?

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by OceanFloor14@May 27 2004, 01:12 PM
"Hey guys,
In some of the threads that i have read, the guys talk about jackin off with their friends. How did you guys come about this without your friend thinkin that you were homosexual?"
I think much of this all depends upon the circumstances (and the age) that some of these same-sex experiences actually occur.

For example, I've read a number of accounts around here where teen-age guys get together, compare, and whatever. For the most part, this is typical "male curosity" and unfortunately THAT is what get's "labeled" incorrectly. One or two instances of this should not necessarily be associated as determining and establishing one's sexual identity.

However, IMHO a repeated pattern of this "genital comparing" which then eventually leads into more advanced male-with-male sexual interaction is where the issue of actual sexual orientation comes into the picture.

I just fail to accept that teenage boys, curious about their own growth progress compared with their peers is just cause to pin a label on them as such. As a society, we simply need to get over it. Some adult men carry with them (for years) a "homophobic guilt" over comparing themselves once or twice with a friend say in grade or junior high school years and years earlier. --Stupid stuff.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by benderten2001@May 27 2004, 06:17 PM

However, IMHO a repeated pattern of this "genital comparing" which then eventually leads into more advanced male-with-male sexual interaction is where the issue of actual sexual orientation comes into the picture.
Even then, it's not necessarily a declaration of one's sexuality. A heterosexual man can engage in an undeniably homosexual encounter out of curiosity. That doesn't mean that sexual tryst defines his sexual orientation for life. His curiosity satisfied, he continues his heterosexual life without ever turning back. That said, guys jacking off together, especially those in their lower teens, is not an undeniably homosexual encounter. Blowjobs, on the other hand, are a different kettle of fish.

Javierdude22: You also have to remember that certain types of friends can deal with this sitaution while others would throw a fit if you'd ask them. Try to assess your friends on their openmindedness and if you have talked to them about sex issues in general quite often. If that hasn't even come up, I would certainly not throw your offer in the group.

I personally do not have close friends that would be up for such a thing. However, I have many acquaintances who would drop their pants in a nano second if i'd propose jerking off together. Yes, straight friends. They simply are very laid back about the issue, and think little of it. Of course, I doubt they would have done it at a younger teen age (I presume you are, in which case you shouldnt be here).

If i'd imagine myself being asked this question right now by friends I probably woulnd't do it out of discomfort. However, I wouldn't automatically think they were gay. Although, my time on here might be the cause of that, I don't know what I would think normally.

So....uhm...in conslusion: anything&#39;s possible&#33; Sure made that easier for ya ey? <_<

javier

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I never compared or jacked off with male friends. The subject never came up. Although I always considered myself open on sexual topics, comparisons and jerk off sessions with male friends just never happened.

SG

23cmargentina: well in for many Latinos that is seen as pretty normal to do with your friends and not a gay thing at all so..... didn&#39;t have to do anything

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I certainly concur with several here. Viewing and jacking with other males while in the teen age years can and also should be considered a normal process of growing up. A sexual encounter such as anal penetration may or may not be considered labeling one as a homosexual for life either. I certainly can say at this state in my life that expermental sexual activity, including oral sex as a teen should not label any one as homosexual. If, however on the other hand one is actually engaged in such activity as an adult then I would have to consider that person a homosexual.

It is reasonable to expect teen age males to engage in a variety of sexual actions and remain a hetrosexual being.

I submit to everyone here, that if one is open and honest that a vast majority of hetrosexual males were involved in actions as teen agers that society considers as homosexual. That stated, if such actions are conducted well past achieving adulthood then the person would most likely be considered a homosexual.

Oral sex and Anal sex actions were part of my developmental experiences. I consider myself hetro although I was blown as a teen ager. It always helps to be honest and realize that everyone may have or may not have had the opportunity to experience this type activity. In short, no one should be labeled on the basis of one, or two or even three actions in their developmental years.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Just remember, if we look at a developmental model for sexual behavior, it&#39;s fairly common for teenage boys to engage in same-sex behavior -- perhaps a lot more than we think and/or self-report. Sure, there&#39;s a quantifiable "progressive" difference between "genital petting" (e.g. jacking off, showing off size, comparison) and other behaviors such as oral sex, but that&#39;s still common.

Of course, yeah, two guys who consentfully blow each other may have a harder time rationalizing that desire with their known/assumed heterosexuality, but there are always exceptions. A straight guy can blow another straight guy if the situation presented itself, whether we&#39;re talking teenage fooling around or something like prison or the military or what have you. Perhaps it would entail a lot more forethought ("Would I feel comfortable doing this, even if he is my friend?") and afterthought ("Am I gay now &#39;cause I did that?") -- unquestionably.

And, of course, if you&#39;re young and your friends found out you did that -- yup, you&#39;d be in a world of social hurt.

I&#39;m only adding the comment because, while it&#39;s pretty easy to make these assumptions (i.e. jacking off, two guys = heterosexual, jacking off, sucking off = gay as a three dollar bill) and that they work out some of the time, it&#39;s not always the case.

BTW, Horse, go ahead and say that this isn&#39;t true, no way, no how, because that&#39;s what you usually do on here -- ain&#39;t that right, buddy? :D

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by 23cmargentina@May 27 2004, 05:54 PM
well in for many Latinos that is seen as pretty normal to do with your friends and not a gay thing at all so..... didn&#39;t have to do anything
Well, for Mexicans at least, even insertive male/male contact isn&#39;t considered gay, just getting off. The receptive partner&#39;s derided as a pervert though. It&#39;s because of the roots of Mexican culture: The conquistadors invariably attacked the receptive partners worse because they were more "flaming" in prehispanic times. And of course the entire Mediterranean has the active/passive split, going back to ancient Greece and Rome.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by jonb@Jun 1 2004, 11:39 PM
Well, for Mexicans at least, even insertive male/male contact isn&#39;t considered gay, just getting off. The receptive partner&#39;s derided as a pervert though.
That is the rule to a certain extent in the Hispanic world as a whole. However, there is usually a give-and-take arrangement. The guys will take turns. A man isn&#39;t a maricón unless he&#39;s always the receptive partner. It&#39;s very much an &#39;I&#39;ll blow you if you blow me&#39; situation. Non-reciprocation is the dividing line.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, that&#39;s what I meant. And if you think about it, the whole homosexuality taboo is because you can&#39;t have children via same-sex activity.

But I can see why the black robes were put off by the transvestites, though: In typical cannibal fashion, Aztec priests wore women&#39;s skin.

Jon (It puts the lotion on its skin . . .)

contortionist

Sexy Member
Media
At school, 3 of us were known as tripod 1,2 and3. We were regularly masturbated by other guys (it saves energy) and my best buddy and I regularly &#39;played together&#39; when young. He would show me how he could self suck and I would watch. He gave me a blow job once which was a bit of a shock but we never went any further. ( certainly no kissing or hugging -yuck). We soon discovered girls and although we meet up from time, are only interested in the ladies when it comes to sex.