"seen one dick, seen them all?"

G

Ganymede

That very last statement is what I was basically getting at. Yes, there are vast differences. Some are bit, some short, some thick, some skinny, some have blunt heads, some (like mine) have heads that are almost separate entities, etc. But at the end of the day, they are all just cocks. They all have a shaft and a head. Because I am straight, I suppose my interest in their differences isn't over-ridden by my awareness that, after all, they're all pretty much the same thing, or at least variations on the same basic model -- a model that isn't that interesting.

I think the statement "seen one, seen 'em all" is mostly used by people who don't want to see cock -- some straight men and some sexually repressed women.

It is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard. I've encountered quite a variety in real life, and they not only come in all shapes and sizes, but they also have unique sensitivity patterns and performance characteristics (now I sound like I'm rating automobiles). :rolleyes:

One has only to browse the galleries on this site to thoroughly disprove the statement.

The only thing the same about all cocks is that they are all...cocks. :biggrin1:

G

Ganymede

That's exactly what I mean. I understand the basic concept of "penis," and because I'm straight the various differences don't intrigue me enough to be that interested.

In my profile, I mention that I'm "1% Gay". Here's as far as my gayness goes: I'm proud to know that other beings also share in the basic concept of having and understanding "penis." Overall, though, I think they're pretty ugly.

Well, if you see one penis, you've probably seen enough to understand the idea that is penis.
Disregarding the physical anomalies of each individual, and the interest to persue a career in penis-baiting; one sighting of an erect penis would be enough to understand the hows and maybe even whys, provided, of course, you at one stage in your life are told the basic theory of....

Chrysalis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Overall, though, I think they're pretty ugly.

Interesting. I think they're some of the most awesome and beautiful things in the world.:eek: Guess that's the difference between our sexual orientations....:rolleyes:

How about this for ugly:

:why:

That's just what I needed to see before bedtime. Thanks... NOT!

Gerald418

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Show me a long, extremely thick, white, cut, soft penis on a muscular man with facial har in his twenties in an erotic position and you'll satisfy this picky gay.

G

Ganymede

I think they're beautiful and yet extremely ugly. I suppose the "beauty" I see in them relates to what they represent: the experience of being a man. The "extreme ugliness" I see in them is on a purely aesthetic level. In and of themselves, I think they're ugly. Lately, I've been noticing that a lot of them look like thumbs, and in my gallery my last photo, of my erection, it looks a bit like a snail. Very gross. :eek:

Interesting. I think they're some of the most awesome and beautiful things in the world.:eek: Guess that's the difference between our sexual orientations....:rolleyes:

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Seen one seen em all" is simply a literalism. Not all people are interested in penises; those that are may come to LPSG for various reasons. Variety and attitude is interesting (one reason I am here) but waxing lyrical about some celebrity's dick just strikes me as so funny.

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media
After workout, there are five or six guys under the showers, as many drying off, and I always think that there is no part of the body as different as their cocks. You can see differences in hands, feet, chests, all parts of the body, but cocks are so different they hardly seem to belong to the same species.

SwordSwallower

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think the statement "seen one, seen 'em all" is mostly used by people who don't want to see cock -- some straight men and some sexually repressed women.

It is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard. I've encountered quite a variety in real life, and they not only come in all shapes and sizes, but they also have unique sensitivity patterns and performance characteristics (now I sound like I'm rating automobiles). :rolleyes:

One has only to browse the galleries on this site to thoroughly disprove the statement.

The only thing the same about all cocks is that they are all...cocks. :biggrin1:
Ok, Chrysalis...now it's my turn to say... I think I luv YOU! You are sooooo right. Every cock is indeed different it's appearance, sensitivity, performance characteristics (I love sports cars, by the way). The more apt way to look at it is, 'if you've seen one cock...you WANT to see 'em all!'

G

Ganymede

I agree completely. Of course they aren't all identical. But for most of us straight men, the differences aren't that interesting because we aren't that interested in the body part itself. We could probably say that all elbows are unique, and I'm sure they are. But I'm not interested enough in elbows to take the time to notice the differences. I suppose to the straight man this is all that matters about the penis: if it does the "job" its supposed to do. Women and gay men are probably more likely to get caught up on the "looks" of it all.

"Seen one seen em all" is simply a literalism. Not all people are interested in penises; those that are may come to LPSG for various reasons. Variety and attitude is interesting (one reason I am here) but waxing lyrical about some celebrity's dick just strikes me as so funny.