self check

iaco

Just Browsing
Media
this is my first post. i tried searching it but i guess i have to be a paying member to do that. just a quick question. how do you self check your testicles? and what am i looking for? thanks a lot in advanced.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm not an expert on this, but all I do is feel around for anything abnormal. What would be abnormal? Normally something that feels like a growth, or something that feels to be harder than what your balls usually feel like.

As long as you do it every once and a while (suggested is at least once a month) to keep an idea in your mind of how things should be down there, it'll be easier to notice if something seems out of place.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by iaco@Feb 7 2005, 08:44 PM
this is my first post. i tried searching it but i guess i have to be a paying member to do that. just a quick question. how do you self check your testicles? and what am i looking for? thanks a lot in advanced.
[post=280953]Quoted post[/post]​
Go to this website
PPFA | teenwire
It will tell you in detail what to do and what to check for. This site covers both female and male anatomies. You will need to check testculer cancer. I have spelled testculer wrong. But it is under that you will get the answers you are looking for. All guys should bookmark this site. It isn't just for teens. And it is the best site I know that covers everything,

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I check biweekly. My dad had it when he was a teen, so like, my chances have been upped greatly. I take one ball at a time and like, roll it around in the palm of my hand, then i take my thumb and forefinger and like, sorta carress it, making shure I pass over every part.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Surfer Boy gave us all a very good response on this one. Your balls should feel smooth. If you ever detect a bump, cyst or anything different, see a Doctor. You will soon determine what is normal for you. Also, feel the cord that carries the sperm into the body. It also should be smooth. If a rough spot or cyst is on it, you should also see a Doctor. As for any water sacks around the balls, if you can pull the sac away from the balls, try lighting the skin from the back side with a penlight. If you can see a reddish glow, now problem. If you can not see a glow through the skin see a Doctor.

I hope this information also helps.

Self checks are still the best way to eliminate a problem. Do it monthly.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Thank you hung. Yah, my dad taught me how to check. Testicular cancer is VERY common in dudes between 12 - either 30 or 40, I'm not shure right now. MY dad said his doc said he only had a 20% chance of living. He was so totally lucky though, not only did he live, but his ball didn't need to be removed.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I kept reading, thinking someone would tell the importance of having the genitals, especially the testicles, warm or even hot before your examination. Take a hot shower and let the water spray directly on your ball sack before doing the self examination. I guess the referred site tells this, but this is for those guys who don't click to the site.

After your sack has been extra warm (or hot) for several minutes, then begin your examination by rolling each testicle between your thumb and index finger. You will feel any lump by doing this.

When my son was in his early 30s he went a couple of weeks with his testicles swelling, even having to wear bigger shorts and pants. He assumed he has an infection, but finally going to the doctor was diagnosed with testicular cancer. He had radiation and two cycles of chemo in addition to having one testicle removed.
This was 12-13 years ago and he is still free of cancer today.

At the time of his illness it was thought the ages of the victims were between 16 and 36, but only this week a TV news report gave the ages between 20 and 40.

It is certainly worthwhile to give yourself a monthly examination in the hot shower, men.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by RoysToy@Feb 9 2005, 11:24 PM
I kept reading, thinking someone would tell the importance of having the genitals, especially the testicles, warm or even hot before your examination. Take a hot shower and let the water spray directly on your ball sack before doing the self examination. I guess the referred site tells this, but this is for those guys who don't click to the site.

After your sack has been extra warm (or hot) for several minutes, then begin your examination by rolling each testicle between your thumb and index finger. You will feel any lump by doing this.

When my son was in his early 30s he went a couple of weeks with his testicles swelling, even having to wear bigger shorts and pants. He assumed he has an infection, but finally going to the doctor was diagnosed with testicular cancer. He had radiation and two cycles of chemo in addition to having one testicle removed.
This was 12-13 years ago and he is still free of cancer today.

At the time of his illness it was thought the ages of the victims were between 16 and 36, but only this week a TV news report gave the ages between 20 and 40.

It is certainly worthwhile to give yourself a monthly examination in the hot shower, men.
[post=281666]Quoted post[/post]​

Yah, my dad taught me to always do it while in or immediately after my shower. Maybe they should set up like, a buddy system like they do with breast cancer. Sometimes other people can catch things you don't because you think to yerself "this is prolly natural" and think nothin of it. However, if a friend helps ya, and he finds some sort of bump that he doesn't have, then the red flags go up. Just a friendly suggestion :D

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OK. I tag Nix as my buddy :)

Cheers to all out there who have dealt with any kind of testicular crisis, so to speak.
When i was 15, my balls were growing really achy, and i was so scared i told my parents about it and got to the doc. It turns out i had a vericosele (spelling?), which is like
(this sounds gross) similar to vericose veins...in the scrotum. On me, my left testicle swelled up and hurt. I had gotten racked really hard by total mistake, playing stupid games in the pool with my friends.
Usually the swelling and the pain subside over time, and appearance returns to normal.
But it was during that time that i stopped going commando, cuz i needed support.

Luckily, there is no visible sign of any damage, or any functional damage at all.
And i dont have any pain in my balls at all any more.
But...i do have really big balls still, which is just fine with me. :)

My point is, get something odd checked out.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by txquis@Feb 10 2005, 05:36 AM
But...i do have really big balls still, which is just fine with me. :
[post=281679]Quoted post[/post]​

txquis just won the understatement of the week award! "Just fine", hell -- my gut feeling is that he's super proud of his big masculine balls.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by surferboy@Feb 8 2005, 02:36 PM
Thank you hung. Yah, my dad taught me how to check. Testicular cancer is VERY common in dudes between 12 - either 30 or 40, I'm not shure right now. MY dad said his doc said he only had a 20% chance of living. He was so totally lucky though, not only did he live, but his ball didn't need to be removed.
[post=281159]Quoted post[/post]​
Nixxie is right. But the ages he gives are when this cancer is most likely to occur. All guys are capable of getting testiclar cancer at any age starting with onset of puberty. As another posts put beginning age at 16, some at 20. But they are just talking statiststics here. If you are the only 12 year old or the only 60 year old, knowing that no one else your age has it, is going to change what you need to do.

Everyone on this site listen to Nixxie. I have tried to get the word out to all the guys I know. This cancer is totaly curable if caught in time. It is 100 % fatal is allowed to get out into the rest of the body.

I never thought of a buddy system. Of course married men have someone. And guys living at home can always have their dads check them out. There would be a certain comraderie there that would be neat. Nixxie didn't say it in these words, but I could tell his dad didn't tell him at the dinner table, but helped show himi in the shower. Having almost died himself, dad is making sure he doesn't lose his beloved son Nixxe to testicular cancer.

Nixxie, I suspect one of the reasons you are such a swell guy is because you have a swell dad.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nixy wrote
Yah, my dad taught me to always do it while in or immediately after my shower. Maybe they should set up like, a buddy system like they do with breast cancer. Sometimes other people can catch things you don't because you think to yerself "this is prolly natural" and think nothin of it. However, if a friend helps ya, and he finds some sort of bump that he doesn't have, then the red flags go up. Just a friendly suggestion biggrin.gif

The buddy system works just as well with man/woman couples. Any woman that is in a realtionship with me will never have to worry about remembering to examine her breasts, because I'll do it for her, every day if needed! I sure wouldn't mind her checking me either! :D

LapDog :p

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by Freddie53+Feb 10 2005, 03:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Freddie53 &#064; Feb 10 2005, 03:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-surferboy@Feb 8 2005, 02:36 PM
Thank you hung. Yah, my dad taught me how to check. Testicular cancer is VERY common in dudes between 12 - either 30 or 40, I&#39;m not shure right now. MY dad said his doc said he only had a 20% chance of living. He was so totally lucky though, not only did he live, but his ball didn&#39;t need to be removed.
[post=281159]Quoted post[/post]​
Nixxie is right. But the ages he gives are when this cancer is most likely to occur. All guys are capable of getting testiclar cancer at any age starting with onset of puberty. As another posts put beginning age at 16, some at 20. But they are just talking statiststics here. If you are the only 12 year old or the only 60 year old, knowing that no one else your age has it, is going to change what you need to do.

Everyone on this site listen to Nixxie. I have tried to get the word out to all the guys I know. This cancer is totaly curable if caught in time. It is 100 % fatal is allowed to get out into the rest of the body.

I never thought of a buddy system. Of course married men have someone. And guys living at home can always have their dads check them out. There would be a certain comraderie there that would be neat. Nixxie didn&#39;t say it in these words, but I could tell his dad didn&#39;t tell him at the dinner table, but helped show himi in the shower. Having almost died himself, dad is making sure he doesn&#39;t lose his beloved son Nixxe to testicular cancer.

Nixxie, I suspect one of the reasons you are such a swell guy is because you have a swell dad.
[post=281837]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Yes, my dad did show me in the shower one day. He told me when I was gettin near the end of my shower, to let him in because he needed to talk to me. He taught me how to feel my balls the right way. And, if I should have a son or sons, I&#39;ll do the same for them.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, dads need to be more open about masculine issues such as testicular cancer. I mean, it&#39;s one of the few forms of cancer where your risk decreases as you get older. (The other I can think of off the top of my head is acute lymphocytic leukemia.)

All cancer&#39;s MO is essentially the same: It starts out small, but it&#39;ll eventually spread through your entire body. You can usually treat it when it&#39;s small, save for a few forms of cancer in vital organs, but it&#39;ll spread and start cannibalizing your healthy cells. Basically a microcosm of overpopulation. Either way, you&#39;ll find that (chemo, radiation, surgery) will be better than what can happen, and spotting a lump is better than letting it metastatize.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by jonb@Feb 12 2005, 02:57 AM
Yeah, dads need to be more open about masculine issues such as testicular cancer. I mean, it&#39;s one of the few forms of cancer where your risk decreases as you get older. (The other I can think of off the top of my head is acute lymphocytic leukemia.)

All cancer&#39;s MO is essentially the same: It starts out small, but it&#39;ll eventually spread through your entire body. You can usually treat it when it&#39;s small, save for a few forms of cancer in vital organs, but it&#39;ll spread and start cannibalizing your healthy cells. Basically a microcosm of overpopulation. Either way, you&#39;ll find that (chemo, radiation, surgery) will be better than what can happen, and spotting a lump is better than letting it metastatize.
[post=282254]Quoted post[/post]​

I fully agree. We live in a society where fathers don&#39;t talk to their sons as they should. I&#39;m totally thankful that I grew up in a very open household. I believe that&#39;s helped make me the open minded person I am today. I&#39;m shure if I wasn&#39;t circumsuzed, he would have also taught me how to clean out my forskin. I&#39;m also very open with my mother. She bought me my first pack of condoms, she bought me a subscription to Playboy in her name, and like, whenever I&#39;d have questions about what is pleasurable to a woman, I could ask her. I wish all families were as open and close as mine is. It&#39;s a real shame in a lot of families that sex is so taboo that the parent would avoid talking about it at all costs. I could go on about this kind of subject, but it&#39;ll end up totally off-topic.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, it&#39;s not like your parents haven&#39;t had sex before. And sex education . . . When I was in school, the problem was omission. Today, it&#39;s deliberate misinformation, judging by the Waxman report. Either way, it&#39;s too late; I actually started puberty at age 9, and the school curriculum reserved any discussion of anything wrt puberty for seventh and up. (For those not from the States, unless you fail, seventh grade is age 12 or 13.) Had my dad not helped me out, I&#39;d have been spending 3 years wondering if I had some kind of chronic venereal disease, which would leave me to wonder how I got it, since I was obviously a virgin.