Selling the wedding ring to buy groceris-- Forbes magazine (repost from W/I)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by helgaleena, Jan 15, 2012.

1. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    I originally put this over in Womens Issues but was advised that it might be better off here.

After She Sold Her Wedding Ring to Buy Groceries . . . - Forbes

'A visibly pregnant woman of child-bearing years looking for a job can just forget about it. If she’s not visibly pregnant but takes a job without disclosing that fact, the backlash – as unjustified as it is – can be severe. A man is never visibly pregnant and no one expects him to tell a prospective employer that his wife is, or may soon become, pregnant, even though many companies have paternity as well as maternity leave policies.'

The legislation on the boards of states and even the US Congress repealing women's right to birth control of all kinds is going to have huge economic consequences on the available work-force. Forbes magazine agrees.

It's going to hit us working women where we live, and force us to choose between having sex for fun and having a job.

2. itsthepopei

itsthepopei Active Member

Albums:
    About republicans and their never-ending march backwards on women's rights much to learn you still have.

3. houtx48

Gold Member

The nutbag Religious Right would not agree with this article.

4. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:

Correct you may be. Boundless the shortsightedness of these legislators appears, and ever surprises me.

Draft saved Draft deleted