Sen Brown(R-MA) better look over your shoulder

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm sure there are Republicans who are ruing their decision to keep Elizabeth Warren from becoming the Head of the Consumer Protection Bureau. She recently announced her candidacy for Senate and is already 2 points ahead of Senator Brown in the latest polling. The rest of the Democratic party can take a lesson from her on how to "message". WARREN 2012!

Elizabeth Warren on Debt Crisis, Fair Taxation - YouTube

(A transcript for those who won't click the link)
"My favorite part of looking at this hole, we got in this hole, one billion dollars, uh, one trillion dollars, on tax cuts for the rich under George Bush. We got into this hole two trillion dollars on two wars that were put on a credit card for our children and grandchildren to pay off. And we got into this hole one trillion on a Medicare drug program that was not paid for and was 40% more expensive than its needs to be because it was a giveaway to the drug companies. That's just four trillion right there. So part of the way you fix this problem is don't do those things!
I hear all this, oh this is class warfare, no! There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody. You built a factory out there -- good for you. But I want to be clear. You moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for. You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate. You were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn't have to worry that maurauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory... Now look. You built a factory and it turned into something terrific or a great idea -- God Bless! Keep a Big Hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along."

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
In the only other State that begins with "K"!
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The Democrats were stunned when Mr Brown won Ted Kennedy's seat -- too much apathy believing it was a "done deal." Elizabeth Warren is going to be an extrememly more formidable opponent than the last Democrat he ran against -- and once she gets into the Senate --- I look forward to some GREAT speeches (and perhaps awesome legislation) coming from her!

NYCdude

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree but keep in mind that the last two Republicans in Mass - Brown and Romney, beat Democratic WOMEN.

monel

Sexy Member
Media
Scott Brown didn't so much win the Senate seat as Martha Coakley lost it. Having said that he is generally perceived positively in MA. However, the Tea Party which supported him strongly two years ago is not as enthusiastic this time around. With a good candidate he is beatable. It is yet to be seen if Warren is that candidate. She looks good now but we've seen others have a Red Sox like collapse in the eleventh hour - d'ya hear Ms. Coakley? D'ya hear Shannon O'Brien (which begot Mitt Romney)?

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Martha Coakley was a terrible candidate against Scott Brown. She barely campaigned and acted as if the seat was hers. She also has a history in the State for her work when she was Attorney General. She lost a lot of votes for her pedophile witch hunt known as Fells Acres that turned out to be much ado about nothing. She also lost votes for her Zealous Prosecution of the British Baby Nanny, Louise Woodward. When she was being sentenced for 2 degree murder the judge basically set the verdict aside and set her free. The people of Massachusetts have long memories.
Elizabeth Warren is NOT Martha Coakley. She is already and will continue to be a formidable candidate. I can't wait to see her and Senator brown in debate. She has the ability to put into words complex political situations in a way that "ordinary folks" can understand. She comes across as 100% authentic. Senator Brown, not so much. Authenticity goes a long way in politics.

I think she was BRILLIANT on Morning Joe today:

Morning Joe

monel

Sexy Member
Media
Martha Coakley was a terrible candidate against Scott Brown. She barely campaigned and acted as if the seat was hers. She also has a history in the State for her work when she was Attorney General. She lost a lot of votes for her pedophile witch hunt known as Fells Acres that turned out to be much ado about nothing. She also lost votes for her Zealous Prosecution of the British Baby Nanny, Louise Woodward. When she was being sentenced for 2 degree murder the judge basically set the verdict aside and set her free. The people of Massachusetts have long memories.
Elizabeth Warren is NOT Martha Coakley. She is already and will continue to be a formidable candidate. I can't wait to see her and Senator brown in debate. She has the ability to put into words complex political situations in a way that "ordinary folks" can understand. She comes across as 100% authentic. Senator Brown, not so much. Authenticity goes a long way in politics.

I think she was BRILLIANT on Morning Joe today:

Morning Joe

I agree that Coakley was a bad candidate. She thought the tough part was winning the primary and gave so little thought to the General that she left for a 10 day vacation abroad in the middle of it. When questioned about her absence during a Senate campaign she asked incredulously whether she was expected to stand outside Fenway Park shaking hands. :eek: It's no wonder she lost. But I don't think Fells Acres or the Woodworth case had much to do with it. After all she won the Woodwoorth case but for the self admitted Anglophile judge Zorbel she'd still be in jail.

I do have high hopes for Warren, though.