Senate Expands Bailout Package

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Agreed. Credit card companies are like drug pushers: preying on human weaknesses, a trait that disgusts me.

But no one is forced to collect or use credit cards. Consumers should read the fine print, understand the terms of credit and then decide whether to succumb to the temptation.

True, but as we know, some people do have weaknesses. Also, some people are financially naive and don't know what they are getting into. I don't know what they teach in high schools now, but when I was in school, we learned nothing about money management, investing, etc.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
so what don't you agree about...just curious lol

I think that you were a bit too hard on illegal immigrants. Although I don't approve of illegal immigration and would favor some sort of guest worker program, it is likely that a careful economic examination of the situation would indicate that we gain more than we loose because of illegal immigration. Illegal immigrants do pay taxes, and although I haven't studied the details and am not an expert on the matter, there is evidence which indicates that they pay for more than they get. For example, many pay for social security but are unable to collect.