Senator Collapses at Inaug Lunch

D

deleted3782

Damn NBC, they led me astray. It was said that Kennedy had a seizure...

Byrd wasn't feeling well and left earlier.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow,

I really just hope that Senator Kennedy will have a safe recovery. Orrin Hatch stated that when they put Senator Kennedy in ambulance he gave them a smile. They have now said that Senator Byrd is fine.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ABC is reporting that Sen. Kennedy was taken out of the luncheon following what appeared to be convulsions. Sen. Byrd was taken out after being overcome at the events.

Hence the confusion

Byrd was overcome no doubt by seeing a black president elected, considering ole' Byrdie's former membership in the Klan as an "Exalted Cyclops" and since he personally filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964 for 14 hours and voted against it :smile: (and of course the voting act of '65)

"I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."

—Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944

"The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia and in every state in the nation."
- Robert Byrd (1946/1947)

D_kkv06awr

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Kennedy collapsed? What a shame.....He'll probably recover and continue to do his best to lead America down the path of liberalism....Only in America can you get drunk, kill your mistress, and become a "respected" leader in politics!

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Byrd was overcome no doubt by seeing a black president elected, considering ole' Byrdie's former membership in the Klan as an "Exalted Cyclops" and since he personally filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964 for 14 hours and voted against it :smile: (and of course the voting act of '65)

"I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."

—Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944

"The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia and in every state in the nation."
- Robert Byrd (1946/1947)

Oh Flashy... it's a new day. Besides, going forward, it seems all bad politics are "by gones" and "nothing new, there's plenty of fault to go around".

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Damn, it looks like the Republicans got a two for one today. If Byrd goes down, I will find it hard to believe that another Democrat is electable in West Virginia. Therefore, the Dems might just lose their lead in the senate. :(

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Byrd is the worst Dem Homophobe in the senate, I would be glad to see him replaced. He has obstructed civil rights bills going forward, gays are still not covered by any federal legislation.

amygdala

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Byrd is the worst Dem Homophobe in the senate, I would be glad to see him replaced. He has obstructed civil rights bills going forward, gays are still not covered by any federal legislation.

Seriously. . .he's a former KKK member who can hardly be legitimately referred to as a progressive. When he goes, his seat will no doubt go to the GOP.