Senator Mark Begich

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Begich in the Senate means less pork, which is worse for Alaska but better for Amurrikkka.
I don't consider it pork. Isn't that what you State Repesentives and Senators supposed to do for their State? Alaska has it's unique issues. Such as location, size and environment. We supply the US with approximately 15% of it's oil. Shouldn't we receive what it takes to develop our state? At one time in ever States history they all had their "bridges and roads to nowhere".

OldPArtner

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not talking about the "Bridge to Nowhere" which actually wasn't as bad as it sounded, just that Stevens has been a longtime enemy of anti-pork measures, like I remember there was a measure to make the appropriations process more transparent and two Senators put some sort of a "secret" hold on it, and they were discovered to be Ted Stevens and the King of Pork, Bob Byrd; seriously that guy is even worse, like I heard West Virginia has way too many highways because of Byrd, and the former Klan recruiter really needs to croak already.

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm not talking about the "Bridge to Nowhere" which actually wasn't as bad as it sounded, just that Stevens has been a longtime enemy of anti-pork measures, like I remember there was a measure to make the appropriations process more transparent and two Senators put some sort of a "secret" hold on it, and they were discovered to be Ted Stevens and the King of Pork, Bob Byrd; seriously that guy is even worse, like I heard West Virginia has way too many highways because of Byrd, and the former Klan recruiter really needs to croak already.
He obviously done a Great job for the people of Alaska. Just curious to what money (pork) has he gotten for Alaska that you don't agree with not counting the money for the Bridge(s) feed back everyone?

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Begich in the Senate means less pork, which is worse for Alaska but better for Amurrikkka.

The process is supposed to have been reformed and made more visible, so no Senator is supposed to be able to bring home pork the way it has been done by a certain ex appropriations committee chair. (We shall see)

Mark has pledged to post online his complete schedule, including who he will be meeting with.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It was an extremely bad proposal, which Sarah Porkaholic Palin eventually admitted.

It was Don Young who got the appropriations for the Ketchikan and Anchorage bridges, rather than Stevens, if I remember. Same behavior, of course. Don Young is also under investigation by the FBI, I would consider him more corrupt than Stevens.

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It was Don Young who got the appropriations for the Ketchikan and Anchorage bridges, rather than Stevens, if I remember. Same behavior, of course. Don Young is also under investigation by the FBI, I would consider him more corrupt than Stevens.
And yet Sara Palin gave Don Young her support weird huh?

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Most recent count has Mark Begich is leading Sen Stevens by 3724 votes looks like he's the Winner. Time 4:56 pm alaska time :rant: :crying: :puke: :surprised:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The kids in Alaska are calling the election decided tonight...Begich defeats convicted felon GOP incumbent Stevens, earning 47.7% of the votes to Stevens' 46.6%.

That's a wide enough margin NOT to trigger an automatic recount, but Stevens may still pursue one anyway.

The result is a good thing, but the narrowness of the victory is a sad testament to the general stupidity of the electorate.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I got to the Begich HQ about 2:30, it was certain then that Mark had won. The total from what the poll watchers had called in (around 4pm)was 3,612, the Division of Elections final for the day is a lead of 3,724. I sent it out to all the Ak gay e groups, but didn't feel like logging into LPSG on a campaign computer.

I think AP called it a little before five.

from the Div of Election's website:

Mark 150,728, or 47.76
Ted 147,004, or 46.58

There was a rumor that Ted was going to request a recount, which he has to pay for, unless he can get Bill Allen to.:smile: Neither he nor his campaign responded to any questions from the media. Speculation is that he woln't concede.

At the party afterward, in his speech Mark went on about what I had done for a lot longer than his mention of what anyone else had done, I was starting to get a bit embarrassed. :redface: (I've worked on all his campaigns, and his Mother's)

Last edited:

OldPArtner

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got to the Begich HQ...

At the party afterward, in his speech Mark went on about what I had done for a lot longer than his mention of what anyone else had done, I was starting to get a bit embarrassed. :redface: (I've worked on all his campaigns, and his Mother's)
Wow, the highest-ranking Dem I've ever worked with was the county chair, who ran the local Obama/county Dem office.

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally Posted by kalipygian

I got to the Begich HQ...

Well congrats.... So does this mean that there maybe a staff position for you?

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well congrats.... So does this mean that there maybe a staff position for you?

I would be disappointed if he didn't have better judgment than that.:smile: He already has some very capable people on his mayoral and campaign staff.

I am not an office person. I have done the brainless things, building and putting up signs, moving furniture, cleaning up and taking out the trash, gophering. I will be moving things from the headquarters to storage, and perhaps moving the desks in when a transition office is set up.

And do the large signs again in 2014.

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I would be disappointed if he didn't have better judgment than that.:smile: He already has some very capable people on his mayoral and campaign staff.

I am not an office person. I have done the brainless things, building and putting up signs, moving furniture, cleaning up and taking out the trash, gophering. I will be moving things from the headquarters to storage, and perhaps moving the desks in when a transition office is set up.

And do the large signs again in 2014.
Well that not to say you chouldn't do a good job somewhere. :thinkerg: Btw didn't you say that your worked on the slope?

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well that not to say you chouldn't do a good job somewhere. :thinkerg: Btw didn't you say that your worked on the slope?

I am a member of Laborer's 341, I was going to college at UAF when the pipeline construction began, so worked on building it, and continued with maintenance work through the 80's and 90's. We do carpentry (form building and scaffolding) and sheet metal work (insulation) on that contract. I have worked in town at Anchorage Sand and Gravel doing form building more recently.

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am a member of Laborer's 341, I was going to college at UAF when the pipeline construction began, so worked on building it, and continued with maintenance work through the 80's and 90's. We do carpentry (form building and scaffolding) and sheet metal work (insulation) on that contract. I have worked in town at Anchorage Sand and Gravel doing form building more recently.
Interesting...we may have crossed paths before :scratchchin: I never worked up on the slope though. So now for the 64 thousand dollar question; what do you hope Mark Begich doing for Alaska and the USA and how does it fit with your political views.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ted conceded today, I didn't think he would. So no recount, and no lawsuits. :biggrin1:

The speculation is that the senate leadership will be so happy to have Mark that he will do better on committee assignments than would be usual for a new senator. I think they recruited him to run.

http://begich.com

Last edited:

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ted conceded today, I didn't think he would. So no recount, and no lawsuits. :biggrin1:

The speculation is that the senate leadership will be so happy to have Mark that he will do better on committee assignments than would be usual for a new senator. I think they recruited him to run.

http://begich.comhttp://begich.com
Of course he will do better what choice will he have. He's just a Freshman Senator I can see Pelosi now telling Mark to shut the hell up now and go get her a cup of coffee now. He has no backbone.