Sending the right message through Flowers

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi!

Guys its that time again...Roses on valentines day? Before you send the wrong message check out the language of flowers. It can make or break your relationship.

Language of flowers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last night I was laughing with a fellow LPSGer about how I didnt get a message that was being sent to me continually by the person I used to date. I never understood why he kept telling me I was cold. Come to find out the man would continually send me peach or blush roses. Not finding that particular color I had no idea what message he was trying to convey. Allegedly , this fellow LPSGer informed me it meant in laymen's terms "Let's get it on". Well. I was thinking it meant "Im not feeling it" SO I figured he wanted to keep it light. End of story. Read up on the language, guys. YOu may not get a second chance! LOL!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's ridiculous! :eek: If I received peach or blush roses I would say thank you. I would not think he wanted to get it on! Clearly that is a new interpretation. Also, anything but red roses on Valentine's day says to me he either forgot the holiday was coming up or is to cheap to pay Valentine's Day prices. Before you guys get upset, I agree that the floral industry raises prices unnecessarily at this time of year. Since it is often the only day of the year many of you give flowers I don't think it's that big a deal.

Hi! Guys its that time again...Roses on valentines day? Before you send the wrong message check out the language of flowers. It can make or break your relationship.
Language of flowers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Last night I was laughing with a fellow LPSGer about how I didnt get a message that was being sent to me continually by the person I used to date. I never understood why he kept telling me I was cold. Come to find out the man would continually send me peach or blush roses. Not finding that particular color I had no idea what message he was trying to convey. Allegedly , this fellow LPSGer informed me it meant in laymen's terms "Let's get it on". Well. I was thinking it meant "Im not feeling it" SO I figured he wanted to keep it light. End of story. Read up on the language, guys. You may not get a second chance! LOL!

D_Theophallus Kneedgroin

Account Disabled
Media
That's ridiculous! :eek: If I received peach or blush roses I would say thank you. I would not think he wanted to get it on! Clearly that is a new interpretation. Also, anything but red roses on Valentine's day says to me he either forgot the holiday was coming up or is to cheap to pay Valentine's Day prices. Before you guys get upset, I agree that the floral industry raises prices unnecessarily at this time of year. Since it is often the only day of the year many of you give flowers I don't think it's that big a deal.

I'm sending NJ 3 dozen Red Roses!!!!

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Tell me what you really think! Oh by the way, I did say thank you. I have home training...

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't associate flowers with specific meanings. I also don't want to stress myself out with looking up what a certain color of flower means and wondering if the guy intended for it to mean that specific thing, or if he just meant to be nice and get me flowers. :rolleyes:

D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Experimental Member
Media
I love beautiful flowers of any kind and not just for Valentines. I actually have my own rose garden. I love gardening and enjoy seeing God's beauty - nothing like meditation in a beautiful garden with running water.

But I have always wondered who ever had the time to invent meaning for a certain type /color of flower? And even still who has the mental capacity to remember what each color type mean for flowers, jewelry, special events...
I get just tired thinking of it.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A customer bought me 12 roses today. Red, white and pink I believe.
Why? That's odd isn't it?

I'm sending NJ 3 dozen Red Roses!!!!
Yea!!! I luv you too!

Roses are too predictable. I don't like flowers anyway, jewellery is a proper present :)
I disagree jewelry is inappropriate early on or as a 'just because gift.' Whereas flowers are quite acceptable.

Roses smell bad... animal toys are much more useful.
Most of the older non-hybrid roses smell delightful as for preferring animal toys. I sometimes forget just how young you are . . .

Tell me what you really think! Oh by the way, I did say thank you. I have home training...
I know you said thank you.

What flowers say "this isn't going anywhere, let's go back to being friends"?
Flowers don't say that. How about a Speidel ID bracelet.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
IMHO:
red roses signify love
yellow roses signify friendship
white roses signify death - they are usually used for funeral arrangements and for mothers day corsages if your mother is deceased
pink roses are pretty and good for birthdays