Senior members?

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Can someone tell me what a senior member is?

I'd really like to know what one does to qualify as one. If it's based on time, I don't think someone who's been here since march 2008 should have it.

Someone break it down for me, pretty please?
Jeff!!! Welcome back. I have really missed you these last few nonths. You gorgeous boy!!!

How was teaching this year? Did you enjoy it. I loved fourth graders. Of course there is ALWAYS one kid in the bunch that makes it less than fun for everyone.

I tried to just enjoy the others anyway and not let one kids ruin it for me well as the class it self. Fourth graders can be SOOO loving. And they will worship the teacher if you let them. And they aren't hard to get to mind either.

The boys especially just adore having a man for a teacher. They are so use to only having women for adult role models.

Again, great to have to back.

Love,

Robert

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Doubt if i would ever attain such statue ha'
Seems to be reserved for the Random
Perhaps Rob does not know himself how such happens?
enz

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I'm probably not going to get an answer either. I've asked, and got two, 'no idea' comments... so, chances are good that unless Superman himself comes in and explains why people are getting them... we are just going to have to sit in the dark, and wait.

*who's hand is that on my leg?*:eek:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm probably not going to get an answer either. I've asked, and got two, 'no idea' comments... so, chances are good that unless Superman himself comes in and explains why people are getting them... we are just going to have to sit in the dark, and wait.

*who's hand is that on my leg?*:eek:
I missed you lots

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I searched around the LPSG attic and found a box with the following:

Junior member = 0 posts

Member = 30 minimum posts

Senior Member = 100 minimum posts

Don't ask me how it works, if it even does any more. I'm sending Rob_E a PM for help on this one.

Rob_E

Cherished Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The explanation:

When a user first registers at the site, or changes their email address, they are sent an activation email to confirm their email address. While their email is unconfirmed they are placed in a special usergroup and have limited use of the forum. This special usergroup did not have a user title, and therefore the users in this group were given the default user title. As Pecker found, these were Junior Member, Member and Senior Member depending on the number of posts. Mostly these are Junior Members because we get a lot of folks that register, but never confirm their email address - sometimes because they used a fake email address, sometimes because they move on, and sometimes because they don't receive or don't understand the activation email. Occaisionally, someone that was an active member changes their email address on the forum, and then never confirms this new email address. This is typically done when a user is leaving the forum and does not want to recieve further email (even though this can be accomplished by simply turning off all email notifications). When this happens, that is when someone has posts, changes their email, and never activates - then they are listed as Senior Member.

I have now removed all of this, and made it so that when someone has an unconfirmed email address they are simply titled as "Email Unconfirmed".

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I searched around the LPSG attic and found a box with the following:

Junior member = 0 posts

Member = 30 minimum posts

Senior Member = 100 minimum posts

Don't ask me how it works, if it even does any more. I'm sending Rob_E a PM for help on this one.

Hey Pecker and Prep, I just wanted to say thanks for looking into this..:biggrin1: