Sensation loss, herniated disk

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by fak_et, Mar 20, 2010.

1. fak_et

fak_et New Member

I lost a lot of sensation on one side of my penis due to a herniated disk.
    Stuff seems to work fine, however sexual stimulation just isn't as enjoyable.
    I had my injury about a year ago and I had surgery to fix it a few months ago.

I have seen improvement, however it is going at a very slow rate.

Has anyone had this same injury/symptom? What happened for you? Did it eventually heal?

My surgeon believe it will heal however it may take up to a year or two as nerves are slow to heal.

Any input? This lack of senation on one side of the penis has really been bothering me lately. I have gotten over it for the most part, but it still gives me a lot of worries that Ill never be the same.

2. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I herniated my L4 and L5 disks, and chopped a chunk out of L5.
    Because of my age, surgery wasn't an option.
    It took a good 4 months to fully get back to my old self. Sexual function was a bit lacking just because my chip off of L5 was pressing against my lower body nerve trunk. Wierd stuff like tingling in my toes, legs, loss of feeling etc.

The body will try to mend itself. In my case, the chip was slowly dissolved by my body.
    Do your back exercises if possible. The stronger you make your back muscles the less pain and symptoms you will have.

What kind of surgery did they perform?
    One thing I hate about back doctors, is that they are Knife happy.
    I am hoping you still have your mobility, as many back surgery patients never fully recover from it.

If you still have loss of sensation....I'd be pressing him to figure out why.
    It may be the swelling. I used an ice pack to reduce swelling on mine.

If it doesnt come back within 4 weeks - I'd be knocking on his door asking why.

Back surgery is not something that you recover from quickly, but you should get the sensation back if all is well down there, and the swelling is down.

3. fak_et

fak_et New Member

My surgeon really wasn't knife happy, I exhausted all other options first and the surgery was a last attempt at fixing it. He told me that the nerves generally do heal and they grow at a slow rate, <1 inch/month, so it likely will take a year or two to get back to normal in my case.

This explanation makes sense but it still doesn't give me the hope im looking for, I am very bummed and worried things will never go back to normal.

Did your sensations return to normal?

Draft saved Draft deleted