Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I have been very hectic and stressful lately, well as much as I can be since I am not the type to allow stress to get to me, but I have been extremely hectic.
I have been moving stuff between 3 houses, hopefully finally getting MOST of my stuff at one of my homes. Those that know me well on here, know the full story, but I wanted to preface the reason for my anxiety.

I had something happen to me recently and the memory it brought back was just all-consuming and filled me with an essence of bitter-sweet.

I was moving stuff between homes and I passed a church where they has this enormous cooker out and was grilling what looked like enough for an entire nation lol . Well the smell of the that wafting through the air hit me and I was immediately taken back to the summers of my youth. We would go up to the lake house and grill out and swing on a rope, attached to a huge tree next to a cliff and land into the icy lake below. Everything was so secure & carefree and just lots of fun.
That smell just sent all this flooding back and I could hear the laughter of me and my step siblings, I could smell the food on the grill, the ice cold water as I landed in the lake from the rather precarious man made swing. I was suddenly overtaken by a river of emotions.

I was wondering if you had a sense memory, something either delightful or even sad that you could share with us, what happened and how it made you feel when the memory was sparked.

GNOTHI SEAUTON
HH

Last edited:

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I once smelled some horse shit and it reminded me of this guy who lied about his cock on the internet.

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I once smelled some horse shit and it reminded me of this guy who lied about his cock on the internet.

Hahahahaha NEXT TIME, type in all green and you will be less obvious

:bj:
HH

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know you've been keeping it up for seven years now so there's a good chance you don't understand shame, but do you never get doubts? Nagging moments where you think "oh fuck, I'm lying about my penis size on the internet... something's gone terribly wrong with my life"?

I just don't think I can understand just how low someone's self-esteem must be to do that.

I mean, you know it's only idiots and other fantasists who believe you, right? Who the fuck would want their respect. :confused:

Media
Sexuality
No Response
For me, it's the smell of gardenias. My grandmother (My Father's Mother) used to wear a perfume that was gardenia and her home was surrounded by gardenia bushes. It brings me back wonderful memories of sitting on a stool in her kitchen helping her to cook, or sitting beside her on the piano bench as she taught me to play the piano. She also taught me a lot about herbal remedies that I use to this day with my kids.

The sad part of remembering Grand-mère and the joy of being a kid in her home is the memories of her having Alzheimer's towards the end of her life. To watch someone so brilliant and strong become so frail and weak reminds me that even the most brilliant of stars burn out before their time....

Yes, it's called state-dependent memory, H.

Affects a lot of us - if we get the right cues, whether it's smell, music, location or whatever - our brain connects it to whatever we were experiencing the last time we encountered those things.

Works in terms of mood, too. If you're anxious, you'll tend to remember other times you felt the same - or if depressed, you'll bring up other depressing thoughts. Prolly why everything seems black if you're really depressed (your mind can only make connections to similar times and can't link into happy predictions or thought patterns etc), or conversely, if you're on cloud 9, it seems like you havent a care in the world (even tho you probably have - but your mind is incapable of searching through those thoughts at that time).

I do wonder if it exacerbates bi-polar. Making the troughs seems deeper, and the peaks seem higher - but that's just a pet theory.

Thankfully, works the other way too. Moods can conjure thoughts, but thoughts or locations etc (as you mentioned) can also trigger happy feelings. So if you consciously think of a time when you felt a certain way - happy/relaxed or whatever - it will stimulate those feelings again. :) Takes practise tho - and is a lot harder for people in the middle of depression, I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Yes, it's called state-dependent memory, H.

Affects a lot of us - if we get the right cues, whether it's smell, music, location or whatever - our brain connects it to whatever we were experiencing at the time.

Works in terms of mood, too. If you're anxious, you'll tend to remember other times you felt the same - or if depressed, you'll bring up other depressing thoughts, or times when you felt that way. Prolly why everything seems black if you're really depressed (your mind can only make connections to similar times and can't link into happy predictions or thought patterns etc), or conversely, if you're on cloud 9, it seems like you havent a care in the world (even tho you probably have - but your mind is incapable of searching through those thoughts at that time).

I do wonder if it exacerbates bi-polar. Making the troughs seems deeper, and the peaks seem higher - but that's just a pet theory.

Thankfully, works the other way too. Moods can conjure thoughts, but thoughts or locations etc (as you mentioned) can also trigger happy feelings. So if you consciously think of a time when you felt a certain way - happy/relaxed or whatever - it will stimulate those feelings again. :) Takes practise tho.

Probably didn't explain that very well, but oh well! :)

haha who died and left your fine ass as Freud? Just kidding lol& as usual your response was quite eloquent young Clooney

HH

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Many scents bring many memories back very vividly...
The salt smell of an old fashioned ice cream churning machine.
Brylcreem
Vetiver
A chlorinated swimming pool early in the morning
Really old yellow paged books
Attics of old houses during the summer
The ozone smell from snow skiing
Suntan lotion from the 60's (Like Coppertone used to smell)
Night blooming jasmine
A zillion smells that used to come from our kitchen when I was growing up; (every time I recreate one it takes me back to another place and time in an instant)
Joy perfume on a certain type of lady
White cotton sheets drying on a clothesline
I could go on and on, but if I think of anymore really good ones I'll post again.

Freshly-baked bread
Freshly-mown grass
Rain after a drought
Creosote
Petrol

Mmm. :p

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Xmas pudding