Sensitivity Disappearing (not circumcised)

seneca

Just Browsing
Media
Hi forum, I am hoping someone can help.

I am not circumcised and was able to pull my foreskin back for the first time around age 12. It was mind blowing sensitive. I could barely let water run against my exposed head in the shower.

I'm 20 now. The sensitivity decreased in high school, but was good and manageable. I could touch my head with my foreskin back comfortably. It felt great and was really enjoyable.

At this point, I don't know why, but its as if the skin on my actual glans has changed. it doesn't look as 'moist' as before and it is barely sensitive. Does anyone know why? Is there a way to reverse what's happening?

I've been putting vaseline on my glans and rolling the foreskin over it before I go to bed in an attempt to moisturize the glans and inner foreskin.

My penis used to always have a distinct smell, I just figured it was not being circumcised. It wasn't gross or strong. It was what penis smelt to me. Now I have little to no odor. I am not sure if this is related.

This is frustrating. I have to masterbate much harder now to ejaculate. I do not cum from blowjobs anymore. I have to have really rough sex to ejaculate.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any input would be appreciated!

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
A few questions. Are you on antidepressants? I am, and I went from being fine, to having masturbation take serious effort, and unable to cum in my wife.
A change of antidepressants, and I was fine...after years of being on the other one.
I find that strange.
I find your situation strange. It could be side effects, or you might need to be checked out by a urologist and a neurologist.
I don't think the vaseline is going to do anything, either way.
Please, keep us posted. You aren't the only one. For every guy who expresses something like this, there are 10 people who aren't saying anything.

eurotop40

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi forum, I am hoping someone can help.

I am not circumcised and was able to pull my foreskin back for the first time around age 12. It was mind blowing sensitive. I could barely let water run against my exposed head in the shower.

I'm 20 now. The sensitivity decreased in high school, but was good and manageable. I could touch my head with my foreskin back comfortably. It felt great and was really enjoyable.

At this point, I don't know why, but its as if the skin on my actual glans has changed. it doesn't look as 'moist' as before and it is barely sensitive. Does anyone know why? Is there a way to reverse what's happening?

I've been putting vaseline on my glans and rolling the foreskin over it before I go to bed in an attempt to moisturize the glans and inner foreskin.

My penis used to always have a distinct smell, I just figured it was not being circumcised. It wasn't gross or strong. It was what penis smelt to me. Now I have little to no odor. I am not sure if this is related.

This is frustrating. I have to masterbate much harder now to ejaculate. I do not cum from blowjobs anymore. I have to have really rough sex to ejaculate.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any input would be appreciated!

I think this is absolutely normal. That's what happened to me when I started keeping my foreskin permanently retracted at the age of about 12.
I think it is better to need some more stimulation: you can last longer.
Obviously, over time it takes forever to ejaculate (what happens to me now) but I can't complain.

B_duanculo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think this is absolutely normal. That's what happened to me when I started keeping my foreskin permanently retracted at the age of about 12.
I think it is better to need some more stimulation: you can last longer.
Obviously, over time it takes forever to ejaculate (what happens to me now) but I can't complain.

better IF YOUR THICKER. i got a pretty thin cock (4 3/4) so i need al lthe sensitivity i can get. but i can see where thicker guys could definitely do with decreased sensitivity since they will be sitting the sugar walls

SpankySD

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Penile sensitivity does decrease with age. There are a number of other factors which seem to come into play: how recently you have ejaculated, and how aroused you are, for example. As a personal anecdote, I find that when I go for days without an orgasm that I get hypersensitive. Not so much when very active sexually.

Seneca I've experience the same thing but in my younger childhood, unlike you I learn foreskin retraction at a much younger age than you. But by the age of 12 which is when you retracted for the first time, there was significantly less sensitivity. I didn't mind it all and had no problems with my underwear like I hear from others experience. I've had no problems with sex. I'd say it's just a normal desensitization process we all go through. Hope things get better.

BTW: I've heard Vaseline and soaps have a drying effect on skin, when you wash it off, it will strip away the body oils as well. You may also look into the body cleansers you are using.

seneca

Just Browsing
Media
BTW: I've heard Vaseline and soaps have a drying effect on skin

I know soaps do, I thought vaseline was a moisturizer. I got a PM recommending vitamin E.

I appreciate the response guys. Keep them coming!

unlike you I learn foreskin retraction at a much younger age than you.

I knew about it too but it was too tight and would not roll back comfortably.

Last edited:

I know soaps do, I thought vaseline was a moisturizer. I got a PM recommending vitamin E.

I appreciate the response guys. Keep them coming!

I knew about it too but it was too tight and would not roll back comfortably.

I'd like to hear about others too. Sorry Senca, I just assumed you were a later retractor.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think it's natural for things to dry out a wee bit over time and for sensitivity to decrease too. That being said, this seems to be quite distressing for you.

What are you washing with? You probably shouldn't be using soap. Just water (unless there's a heavy-duty mess down there) is all that's really needed. Remember, your glans and inner foreskin aren't actually made of skin. They're made of the same class of tissue as the inside of your cheek (mucocutaneous tissue), and I doubt you'd take soap to that.

If you feel the need to hydrate, I'd suggest olive oil. It's a carrier oil, so it'll soak in after it's done its job moisturizing - and it tastes great too ;)

Good luck, man.

Reactions: Jagtstein
S

SirConcis

seneca, it is perfectly normal.

A man's glans evolves from "painful to touch" as a boy, and it turs to pleasurable entrering puberty and as the glans matures, it keratinioses some (yes, even uncuts see increased keratinisation of glans once foreskin is retractable).

You'll find that eventually it stabilises and your brain will get used to the level of stimulations and your orgasms will feel powerful. But never as powerfull as those when you entered puberty.

Reactions: Jagtstein

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
seneca, it is perfectly normal.

A man's glans evolves from "painful to touch" as a boy, and it turs to pleasurable entrering puberty and as the glans matures, it keratinioses some (yes, even uncuts see increased keratinisation of glans once foreskin is retractable).
Still kinda painful to the touch here. 23..
The pain level can vary also from some to alot.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
see a dermatologist, since the skin has changed. this could be something no one expects, like psoriasis or eczema.
dermatologists are usually better at figuring these things out than urologists

Last edited:

Ohioguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Diabetes can affect sensitivity. there are probably other medical reasons that can also affect sensitivity like the drugs you are on.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
An uncut guy of 20 experiencing dryness and keratinisation is very unusual. So is ceasing smegma production so young (mine only started dropping off in my 50s). Something is wrong.

Have you been prescribed Accutane or other anti-acne medication? Are other areas of your skin unusually dry?

Embarrasing as it may be, I really think it would be worth consulting a doctor or dermatologist.

B_lightsup

Sexy Member
Media
while you and a your physician work out the problem....in the mean time try a warming sensation lubericant. As well. using moisturizers to increase hydration usually cretaes a dependancy as the body stops producing its own mucus and oils. The body stops when it feels an overabundance, thus caused by moisturizing. Unnless the skin is cracking or chapped let your body resolve itself. Stay hydrated drink lots of fluids and make sure to increase food or supplimen intake.Visit your doctor.

benhrrs

Expert Member
Media
I keep my foreskin covered all the time, but would love to decrease the sensitivity a bit - is keeping it rolled back all the time a good way to achieve this? I don't think mine would stay back all the time though lol - any tips? :)

seneca

Just Browsing
Media
Mark, it's not gotten any better. Before my glans were always moist and there was a distinct odour. I do not have this anymore and I don't understand why. I may have to set an appt with my GP.

My diet has not changed at all.

I am not prescribed any medication and I am not experiencing dry skin. I don't understand why this is happening.

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Still kinda painful to the touch here. 23..
The pain level can vary also from some to alot.

Let me update that

Been experiencing dryness and keratinisation is very unusual for me. So is ceasing of smegma.

This winter has been bad as my hands been getting dry also. First time this has happen.

Last edited: