Sensitivity study

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Snozzle, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Snozzle

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  2. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

SUBJECTS AND METHODS

Adult male volunteers with no history of penile pathology or diabetes were evaluated with a Semmes-Weinstein monofilament touch-test to map the fine-touch pressure thresholds of the penis. Circumcised and uncircumcised men were compared using mixed models for repeated data, controlling for age, type of underwear worn, time since last ejaculation, ethnicity, country of birth, and level of education.
    RESULTS

The glans of the uncircumcised men had significantly lower mean (sem) pressure thresholds than that of the circumcised men, at 0.161 (0.078) g (P = 0.040) when controlled for age, location of measurement, type of underwear worn, and ethnicity. There were significant differences in pressure thresholds by location on the penis (P < 0.001). The most sensitive location on the circumcised penis was the circumcision scar on the ventral surface. Five locations on the uncircumcised penis that are routinely removed at circumcision had lower pressure thresholds than the ventral scar of the circumcised penis.
    CONCLUSIONS

The glans of the circumcised penis is less sensitive to fine touch than the glans of the uncircumcised penis. The transitional region from the external to the internal prepuce is the most sensitive region of the uncircumcised penis and more sensitive than the most sensitive region of the circumcised penis. Circumcision ablates the most sensitive parts of the penis.

Seems clear enough - ablate is to erode, wear away etc

3. HotBulge

Gold Member

Albums:
    Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
    Perhaps so, but that may be a result of the circumcised penis having more exposure to chaffing over time. The penis is more than just the glans, and the millions of circumcised men in the world have hardly diminished their sexual activity nor are complaining about issues of tactile sensitivity.

Let's introduce another recent study that finds that circumcision significantly reduces the rate of HIV infection. It's been conventional, though debatable, wisdom that circumcision helps to reduce disease. I would much rather deal with a minor loss of sensitivity in the glans than be put at greater risk for sexual complications.

4. D_Garmanswait Glassnads

When you think about it it makes sense that circumcision is such an ancient practice, I know that my foreskin can get very dirty very quickly and I'm sure it makes the perfect place for bacteria to survive in and potential be passed around and obviously the same applies for viruses.

I know that circumcision is effectively mutilation but the psychology behind it is debatable but nontheless it's not nice to remove part of a new born baby. I would probably agree to circumcision if I was offered it but that is my decision as an adult and I'm sure a younger man could make there own decision aswell. I don't know how much sensitivity is lost but I know that the glans are the most sensitive part by far.

The forskin protects the penis but in todays highly advanced society it's ability to protect us is not easily defended. Society in many areas has progressed beyond biolody and I'm starting to believe it applies to circumcision aswell.

5. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Lordpendragon quoted:
    Circumcision ablates the most sensitive parts of the penis.

Of course. It's an antisexual cultural practice constantly in search of a medical rationale. Men who were cut as infants sometimes defend it because they need to psychologically defend themselves from accepting that something that was theirs was taken form them without consent and don't want to experience resentment or loss.

6. D_Garmanswait Glassnads

7. IdahoTom

IdahoTom New Member

Check out David at Foreskin-Restoration.Net User Forums sponsored by TLC Tugger, he was cut at 19 and later restored:

"I frequently say that intact my sex life was a 10, cut it was a 3, and restored it is a 7. I'll never be a 10 again (only God can make a perfect penis), but 7 is a helluva lot better than a 3!"

8. D_Garmanswait Glassnads

I'm not so sure that there's half a billion people out there that are in denile about there childhood mutilators.

9. IdahoTom

IdahoTom New Member

Check out Baje61 at www.restoreforeskin.org &#187; www.restoreforeskin.org: 46 years old, cut 2 years ago, doesn't like what it did for sex, is now starting to restore.

10. IdahoTom

IdahoTom New Member

Sorry these posts are so choppy, my keyboard goes weird after cut/paste.

I think the effect on people is varied. There are posts from individuals who are quite happy being cut as an adult.

I was cut at birth. Started restoring 6 months ago. When the glans started dekeratinizing, the pleasure of sex has easily doubled for me. I can't speak for others but have read a number of posts with similar expression.

Now you can cut off a foreskin a keep the glans covered with creams and a protective barrier but this is a lot more work. Or just let things dry out and thicken and get number.

As to the frenulum, I don't have one to tell about. But some guys have posted that they can orgasm with touching just the frenulum.

11. D_Garmanswait Glassnads

Stange, I've never tried just playing with the frenulum. I tend to just jack off using my foreksin, I geuss I would have trouble without it.

12. IdahoTom

IdahoTom New Member

Let's be thankful that life is so easy that we can concern ourselves with pleasure instead of just survival.

As for denial, how can one truly know about something they have never experienced? And if you are now enjoying sex cut, why worry about what you can't have back.

Again, pleasure has GREATLY improved for me even though I'll never get all those foreskin nerves back - some estimate up to 1/3 of your pleasure nerves.

13. D_Garmanswait Glassnads

Thats alot of pleasure nerves, maybe an increased awareness of cleanliness is what we need, instead of cutting parts off ourselves we could just maintain ourselves better.

14. IdahoTom

IdahoTom New Member

I noticed in your post under 'Proud of foreskin' that you don't like your foreskin very much. I was wondering why?

Growing up in a small town where every one was cut, I never even saw a foreskin until in my mid 20s. Was in a sauna and a guy from Spain had an almost 2" overhang (obviously a grower). At the time I thought it was ugly and was glad to be cut but clearly I was being stupid. Ignorance makes for irrelevant prejudices.

When I started considering restoration, I began looking at as many pictures as I could find so as to get an idea of the reality of what I wanted. There is a huge variety out there. Also, my viewpoint as to beauty changed. I joined a bunch of forum (this one included) to further my education.

15. D_Garmanswait Glassnads

I have over half an inch of overhang, It's not droopy, it's just because the skin covering my glans is quite thick. Having a smooth pouch of skin covering your entire penis looks better to me then having an exposed head when soft.

16. IdahoTom

IdahoTom New Member

I don't have a full membership so I can't see except that you look big when hard and it looks like the foreskin still covers the head.

I don't yet have much concept of thick/thin foreskin - right now my growth is very soft and seem thin. I hope that when done restoring it can be trained to stay over the glans when not hard.

You mention problems with mess and smell. How do you clean it?

I shower twice a day myself. I hardly have any coverage at this time - my fauxskin has to be pulled and held with something to maintain coverage. Now that things are more sensitive, a direct hit of water from the showerhead can make me jump but otherwise soap and water are used.

17. D_Garmanswait Glassnads

I used to be that sensitive but now I'm pretty much numb, it's not good.

When you have foreskin it gets messy and smelly because like armpits for example it's a warm area where bacteria can grow especially because a small amount of urine will always get between your skin and head and so it feeds the bacteria.

It's not a problem to wash really, I just use whatever I'm washing myself with, the gyms body wash or head and shoulders, when I wash my hair I put some of the suds on to my pubes and wash them using the shampoo so they don't get notty and painful like they do with soap.

18. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

The thing is genital cutting is insidious. Because you never know the difference you will defend something that you would likely have never chosen as an adult. They are not necessarily in denial. They really just don't (can't) know what they are missing so they minimize it. We don't cut off anything else just because it might need a wash.

19. IdahoTom

IdahoTom New Member

I wonder why its going numb?

Do you to PE (Jelq, hanging, etc...)?

Do you think the glans is getting thicker? You could try some defoliating face/skin creme. The stuff is made to remove dead skin cells but not hurt new cells. I used one called Rejuvenex and that is how things got so sensitive so quick for me. It can make your skin red so test a little bit first. For some reason it makes the outside skin red and a little unhappy so I don't use it there. But my glans and inner foreskin are never bothered negatively. Perhaps it would make your foreskin less thick.

20. D_Garmanswait Glassnads

That's really good advice. I will try it, I have some neutrogena stuff I used to use but hardly ever do now. I'm numb because I have delayed orgasms and so I have to jck off for hours.

Draft saved Draft deleted