Sentimental JOURNEY? Not with their new lead singer

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK, Feb 13, 2009.

1. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

You know, as much as I love WALMART for it's convenience and good prices, sometimes I can't help but wonder :wtf: is wrong with them and some of their music selection.
    I breezed over to their rock section and found a JOURNEY cd. Was it true? Had the impossible suddenly become possible? Had Steve Perry & them made nice & cranked out new material? So, on impulse, since I recognized the familiar and favorite songs, I purchased it & went home. I put it in & cranked "Open Arms" wating for Perry's voice to pipe thru, when all of a sudden I'm audibly assaulted by someone who sounds like Perry but isn't him.

I shut off my boom box and quickly scanned the back of the CD case, saw all the members of JOURNEY, except Perry. To my surprise, it was a shorter, younger guy, who was listed as Arnel Pineda, the new lead vocals!!!

The resemblance in voice was surprising, I give him that, but definitely not Perry.

In Fact, for all tents and purposes, whenever they pay in concert, Pineda attempts to sing like he's in a recording studio.

Perry, who had attempted a reunion tour with JOURNEY about 13 yrs ago, was forced by a hip replacement surgery to forsake it.

Even more so, JOURNEY'S intractibility over Perry's medical condition has made the possibility of him not singing for them again.

#1 MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  2. nay-nay

nay-nay New Member

Pineda's a good singer, but no one will ever be better than Perry. did you know they discovered him on YouTube? :smile:

3. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

No, I didn't- I just knew that he only had Karaoke singing and a song from a band he had earlier.

Either rate, he's no Perry.

4. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Search Youtube & listen to Open arms Perry vs Pineda & make your own evaluation.

#4 MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice