Sentimental JOURNEY? Not with their new lead singer

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK, Feb 13, 2009.

1. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

You know, as much as I love WALMART for it's convenience and good prices, sometimes I can't help but wonder :wtf: is wrong with them and some of their music selection.
    I breezed over to their rock section and found a JOURNEY cd. Was it true? Had the impossible suddenly become possible? Had Steve Perry & them made nice & cranked out new material? So, on impulse, since I recognized the familiar and favorite songs, I purchased it & went home. I put it in & cranked "Open Arms" wating for Perry's voice to pipe thru, when all of a sudden I'm audibly assaulted by someone who sounds like Perry but isn't him.

I shut off my boom box and quickly scanned the back of the CD case, saw all the members of JOURNEY, except Perry. To my surprise, it was a shorter, younger guy, who was listed as Arnel Pineda, the new lead vocals!!!

The resemblance in voice was surprising, I give him that, but definitely not Perry.

In Fact, for all tents and purposes, whenever they pay in concert, Pineda attempts to sing like he's in a recording studio.

Perry, who had attempted a reunion tour with JOURNEY about 13 yrs ago, was forced by a hip replacement surgery to forsake it.

Even more so, JOURNEY'S intractibility over Perry's medical condition has made the possibility of him not singing for them again.

#1 MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  2. nay-nay

nay-nay New Member

Pineda's a good singer, but no one will ever be better than Perry. did you know they discovered him on YouTube? :smile:

3. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

No, I didn't- I just knew that he only had Karaoke singing and a song from a band he had earlier.

Either rate, he's no Perry.

4. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Search Youtube & listen to Open arms Perry vs Pineda & make your own evaluation.

#4 MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted