septum piercing

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I was thinking about getting my septum pierced.

what are your thoughts on it?

I have a very high threshold for pain, i actually enjoy it a lot of the time.

It might be a while, i am saving up for a tattoo atm(i wanna get a tattoo before piercings)

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
mephistopheles said:
I was thinking about getting my septum pierced.

what are your thoughts on it?

I have a very high threshold for pain, i actually enjoy it a lot of the time.

It might be a while, i am saving up for a tattoo atm(i wanna get a tattoo before piercings)

What looks good at 20 will not look so good at 40 .
I had my ears pierced (multiply) in the 1090s when it was unusual but by the mid-eighties every other builder had earrribngs.
The holes NEVER close
Ditto tattoos !
Cher had all of her tattoos removed ....

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Nelly Gay said:

I agree. Please consider the reversibility factor before you proceed. And forecast your life in 20 years time.

I doubt the, say, legal profession and your clients will hold you in high regard if you are a lawyer and have a decorated nasal septum.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
All the scars and marks i put on my body are something very important to me. I'm not going to hastily decide on something that doesnt really mean something to me.

Anything I've done that could have permanent repercussions are something I take very seriously.

kinkymanca

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
some piercings do close up. I have had many done over the years. I dont wear anything anymore, and as far as i can tell, the holes are closed. this includes a conch that was stretched up to ~4ga. most tounges heal very quickly, sometimes in a matter of days.

as for a septum piercing, it can be very easily hidden, and mantained, with use of a septum retainer. this can be tucked up inside the nostrils, and most people would have no clue as to its presence.

-Kinkyman

toobig?

Experimental Member
Media
I dont have anything to say personally on a septum as I have an industrial and a PA. But what I do know is that the septum piercing is fairly high up in your nose that nobody would be able to see a hole. A friend of mine had hers done and most of the time she would push the piercing inside her nose (she had the U shaped ring) So I really dont see it as having any permanent repurcussions if you decide to take it out and the hole doesnt close.

Why don't you guys chill with the lecturing? If he wanted to be told how stupid it was and whatnot, he wouldve gone to his mom or dad :tongue:

Damiaen Michaels

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I say go for it. But I agree with everyone, think about a few years down the road.

yhtang, acutally, I have a friend who is a lawyer and has a nasal septum piercing. Wears it to work everyday, only takes it out when with clients or in court, but around the office, it is back in.

Our Goth Camera Girl has one too. Goth Camera Girl is a story for a whole 'nother post.

Rock on,

Damiaen

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I've wanted my septum pierced for a long time. The only piercings I presently have are both my nipples. The only other piercings I would get would be my bellybutton, perhaps a monroe, tongue, my septum, and my facial lips (maybe two on the bottom or one in the middle on the bottom.) I've also dreamt of having a pierced corset, or perhaps some simple back piercings done with surgical tubing. I've many friends with tattoos and piercings, as Austin, Texas is home to more tattoo shops in the world per capita, so I've really no qualms about anything of that sort.

Someone in this thread stated that what looks good at 20 will not look good at 40. Piercing your septum when you're young usually doesn't have any adverse effects when you're older. The piercing usually closes very easily and leaves no trace that it was there. :rolleyes: Also, I feel that if you're going to be extreme enough to ever get a septum piercing, chances are you wont grow out of it.

Also, you can always get a retainer if you're going for a job that doesn't respond well to your facial jewelry.

It'll hurt like a bitch for a day or so, s you well know. Perhaps you should acquire from vicodins for this endeavor. I know I would.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nelly Gay said:
<.>
Ditto tattoos !
Cher had all of her tattoos removed ....

I didn't know tattoos could be done on plastic ;-)

My oldest tattoo are from when I was 27, 28, and I think it still looks good, it's the one on my arm. The one on my belly was for my 30th birthday, and it too looks okay so far.

But men with nasal piercings, or other facial piercings never look so good. Think twice before you get it done, I'd not advise you to do it.

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
ClaireTalon said:
I didn't know tattoos could be done on plastic ;-)

My oldest tattoo are from when I was 27, 28, and I think it still looks good, it's the one on my arm. The one on my belly was for my 30th birthday, and it too looks okay so far.

But men with nasal piercings, or other facial piercings never look so good. Think twice before you get it done, I'd not advise you to do it.

Cher had her pert bottom covered with bouquets of flowers and medallions draping her arms back in the 1980s...
I don't know if she had laser treatment to remove them or merely cut them out surgically ?

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Damiaen Michaels said:
yhtang, acutally, I have a friend who is a lawyer and has a nasal septum piercing. Wears it to work everyday, only takes it out when with clients or in court, but around the office, it is back in.

Wow! But I am curious to know why he deems it appropriate /necessary to remove his nasal septum decor when he is with his clients or in the court.

As an aside, I sometimes wonder why it is that clients have certain perceptions of professionals. Whether I am power dressed or naked, the advice I give would be the same.

Ask me for advice in the middle of my orgasm and I will not be able to guarantee you the quality of my words of wisdom, but should not the quality of my advice be based more on my reputation than my attire?

toobig? said:
Why don't you guys chill with the lecturing? If he wanted to be told how stupid it was and whatnot, he wouldve gone to his mom or dad

I would not say I was lecturing, but alerting him to consider what it might look like a few years down the line. But mephistopheles had already said that he has considered all these, so I say more power to him.