Sergregation Alive and Well on LPSG.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Gillette, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    http://www.lpsg.org/185353-forum-rules.html

"For female members of LPSG to discuss"...So only women are allowed to comment. Discriminatory.

Male members may not ask questions "regarding size, function, likes/dislikes and so on regarding penises" in WI but female members may ask questions "regarding size, function, likes/dislikes and so on regarding penises". Discriminatory.

Since this must be part of the new "wank fodder protection act" I do hope that the mods will be vigilant in that those who don't identify their gender and anyone female who identifies as any % gay will be similarly excluded. We don't want to take any chances, now, do we?

Any woman who has ever complained about double standards but supports this should take a good look in the mirror. Hypocrites and assholes, all.

Any mod or admin who voted in favour of this should step down because they are clearly not discriminating enough to truly understand what discrimination means.

WOW.

2. blooeyz

blooeyz New Member

I guess there should be a men only forum with similar rule, only to be fair

3. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

I understand what you're saying Gilette but what do you prefer? Rules like these or people bitching about threads which don't belong, ending in acrimony and fighting?

Though mind you I'm not saying I think the wording of the rules is perfect.

4. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    It seems that after a lot of moaning and bitching and real discussion, it was determined that most of the female members didn't want those threads in the Women's Issues forum. If one wants to participate in a wank fodder thread or start one, no one is preventing it. Just do it elsewhere

I agree the wording is not well done though. It should be gender neutral. Plus there is a typo.

5. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I fail to see how anything mentioned in that revision isn't probably covered under the board ToS stipulations on harassment.

I get that those questions can be annoying, but geez.

Plus - until the fora ToS pop-up and force you to read them when updated (Something I have been stumping for since I was a moderator), people are going to miss the updates and keep doing what they do (like that collegeguy who posts his cam invitations in the relationships and/or sex sections all the time).

6. ryan25yo

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is called "LSPG". It's primarily for MEN.

7. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
    I agree. I can think of a few examples from WI that would probably be or could be banned under these rules.

http://www.lpsg.org/193361-large-penis-small-vagina.html

http://www.lpsg.org/191662-how-do-you-like-to.html

http://www.lpsg.org/191368-fiancee-says-im-too-big.html

http://www.lpsg.org/191221-top-3-places-girls-like.html

http://www.lpsg.org/178449-wife-was-honest-about-size.html

And yet all of those threads are legitimate as far as I can tell, nobody seeking to hear lurid details of LPSG women's sex lives. It doesn't even matter, if it is a manipulative attempt at hearing sexy talk and you don't want to answer just don't answer, report it, whatever. Those threads were allowed to stay, obviously they were deemed okay. How does it get decided what is okay and what is not, though? That's what I find problematic.

As for me I've on rare occasion politely replied to a thread in that area stating "This would be better placed in ___________." Usually it's the Sex with a Large Penis" section I am thinking of but it also possible to not respond, and just press report giving the reason that you think it would be better placed in such and such section.

I would really hate to see all the threads similar to the ones above totally disappear from the WI.

#7 Enid, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  8. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, in the preamble, "Content in this particular forum is provided for female members of LPSG to discuss" seems markedly different in tone from the way the forum is described on the main page as "A special place for women (men are welcome to participate too)".

Anyway, I thought the women had been doing a pretty good job of guarding Women's Issues from such posts themselves.

At first reading I presumed that as this is a Tos Rule, infringement could result in in a ban. But then I noticed that it just says that offending posts will be moved. So it's more guidance than a rule. Nevertheless it strikes me as patronising in it's present wording.

9. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

This post is some ignorant shit.

10. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    The wording should be perfect before it's released, don't you think? Otherwise those posting it look either sexist or not too bloody intelligent. Going by the date on the post it was done up in May (though I don't recall seeing it even as recently as two days ago when I recall seeing three stickies, not four). Since that gives them plenty of time to have fine tuned it I take this to mean exactly what is said.

People bitching about threads which don't belong, ending in acrimony and fighting... I can't believe I still have to go over this shit.

1. What belongs...Not everyone agrees what does and does not belong. In fact the same member will not feel the same each time when posted by different OPs.
    We had one established member post in the WI about how he thought he created a size queen because of the woman's enjoyment of his cock and when/how did we know we preferred bigger. He wasn't flamed. A relative unknown asks what it is about a larger size that turns women on and fucking armageddon ensues. What's the difference? Favoritism, pissiness, picking on the n00bs?

2. Bitching, acrimony & fighting... why does that happen exactly? It starts when one woman is incapable of making use of the perfectly sensible options available and allowed such as boycotting (abstaining from reading or participating) the thread or reporting it to the mods with the suggested action (forum move or sanction if offensive). Instead of behaving in a rational manner within the existing guidelines of the site she has to attack (which is not allowed by the guidelines) the OP for an irritation as simple as not meeting her interpretation of what the site should contain. Attack in response to mild irritation (this isn't even on the irritation level of crude, unsolicited PMs). Sounds like an emotional response, don't you think?

If you, the mods and the women pushing for this genuinely believe this is the only way to alleviate the attacks by women (who should be able to contain themselves) against men in the WI is by changing the nature of the forum to "protect" them then you are basically saying that women can not control their emotional outbursts. Hello, misogyny. Self directed by women and site sanctioned, too. Fabulous.

I have never seen so many people with their heads up their own asses as I have in the last few months.

#10 Gillette, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  11. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

Oh for fuck's sake, I'm not all that mad about those rules (for similar reasons to yours), I'm simply saying there's options, and this is one of them. To be honest I think people should post and be damned, and if people want to take them to task for it all the better, and if people go completely overboard and fall foul of the ToS, end up getting banned.

The problem is that, there are fewer women on this site, and that means they naturally stick out more, and this means that if women do express their irritations people end up casting them as "moody bitches" or the like because people see them in conflict more often, even if that's not representative and yes everyone should learn to be less prone to conflict and yes in a perfect world people would be entirely rational at all times and not confront people if they didn't have to... and yes we'd all apply your perfectly sensible guide to behaviour...

12. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    If your reasoning is similar to mine I'm confused how this doesn't bother you.
    Sure, this is an option, a very very stupid option. I fail to see how restricting what and where men post and what any woman gets to read in that forum is in any sense the intelligent option to prevent select women who are apparently incapable of controlling themselves from going off the rails. Let them and well rid we'll be of them.

I know, I know, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. But if it continues to squeak no matter how much you grease it and it starts to affect the performance on the rest of the vehicle what are you going to do?
    Replace the wheel or reconfigure the rest of the vehicle?

13. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I hadn't even seen that to be honest Gillette, so I didn't know it was worded that way. I only voted for the additional womens section of the forum to keep the arguements down. As I said under the wank fodder thread by subgirl. I simply answer what I want to answer and ignore the "what do you think of my penis" questions. I'm not going to jump all over a new poster for asking that question, but I cannot stop someone else from doing it :eek:(

14. exwhyzee

Gold Member

I've always stayed out of the Womens Issues forum as much as possible. I'm not a woman, and I don't know much about them, and the threads I'd like to participate in aren't addressed to me anyway. I try to make up for all the "unwanted" guys who post there by posting as little as possible...its not exactly been welcoming.

15. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    Me too. I seriously never even venture in there. never.

But i think the rules were referring to guys nost posting crap about sizes and penis stuff in that particular forum. i do remember their being a ruckus (gah, what an old man word) and female members complaining about being harassed with such questions and posts.

16. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

Bingo.

The forum rules were there to help out the female members who were tired of guys posting threads in the women's issue forum for wank fodder. There are plenty of other places to write that sort of stuff. No intention for discrimination and as for the spelling and prose - that's entirely my fault, feel free to point out any spelling or grammar inaccuracies and I will correct them.

17. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    OK.
    Make it gender neutral- my suggestions are bolded.

Womens Issues

Content in this particular forum is provided for members of LPSG to discuss issues related to women, therefore it is not the appropriate forum for certain content which is detailed below."

Inappropriate Content - Questions from (word "male" deleted) users regarding size, function, likes/dislikes and so on regarding penises should not be posted in the Women's Issues forum. There is a specific thread devoted to this already, users are encouraged to post here.

Apologies flame boy... In Gillette's post quoting the rule, the word "here" is not a hyperlink. Without the link in place, the sentence makes no sense. But it is fine with it. So no typo.

18. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

Very valid point, I'll go ahead and make those changes now.

19. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    My fault. I C & P'd instead of using the quote button.

Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted