Serial Killer Whale

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It would be crazy if the orcas were released into the wild and they taught other wild orcas *what they know about us*, or if they would pass on what *we taught them* by training other orcas to do tricks and shit.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes, agree here with so many comments. I would add though, that many animals in captivity have allowed the general population to further the protections of these animals in a world picture. Talk about irony. I don't think such animals have the ability to return to the wild but I don't know much on this topic. Certainly don't want to see the animal destroyed. Unusual situation. Maybe they will re examine some of the procedures and display of these animals

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It would be crazy if the orcas were released into the wild and they taught other wild orcas *what they know about us*, or if they would pass on what *we taught them* by training other orcas to do tricks and shit.

I assume you've heard of Koko, the female gorilla who can allegedly communicate with about 1000 signs based on American Sign Language. It was hoped that she would have a baby to see if she would teach it to sign, but she's now 38 and her biological clock is ticking.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Doubt he will be set free, too expensive for his exploiters. Guessing they are an apple pie American corporation they will euthaize him and put it live on screen subscription tv. How many people would watch a wild animal slaughtered for entertainment? More than you think.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
...Guessing they are an apple pie American corporation they will euthaize him...

There was an article in the local paper this morning that said they would neither set him free (because he couldn't survive in the wild after so many years of captivity) nor would they euthanize him.

SR_Les Intercourse

Experimental Member
Media
if they let him free he will not survive very long, he doesnt know how to hunt and will eventually die. i dont think they wont be putting him in such a small tank if he is so important to Sea World, and they will get bad review from the animal rights people if they place the whale in a small enclosure.

I've read that he can't be returned to wild and survive. If he is going to be kept in small tank the rest of his life, I think they should either put him down or let him go free and take his chances. I would let him go free and hope he would enjoy his freedom for a while.

I wish they would let them all free and hope they survive. However, I don't suppose that would work realistically.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i would also like to point out, that these powerful creatures, who could easily overturn boats and kill their tormentors, do not even hurt the humans who are seen taking them prisoner, ripping them from their family...

i doubt most of you are familiar with the "Taiji 10" and their sad story...it was a small pod of orcas captured off Japan...this is avideo of the capture and the aftermath...

BlueVoice.org - Saving Dolphins and Whales, Protecting the Oceans

this is around they same area (Futo and Taiji) where these same people herd dolphins in to the shallows and slaughter them en masse, and those they don't slaughter are captured and sold.

this has been going on for decades i first became involved against this in 1982 when i was 10 years old in 6th grade and saw the horrific pictures:

and the slaughter and capture of dolphins is *STILL* going on at this place despite all the attention.

here is a video of it, i warn you, it will make you cry. (narrated by matt damon)

it is filmed by Hardy Jones...the man who trained the dolphins for Flipper, who, after finding one of them dying of depression, literally alone, who died in his arms, committed himself to the anti-captivity/slaughter movement

and here, is hopefully something you will pass around to any friends, who may even consider seeing a dolphin show or taking their kids to one

about the Captive Dolphin industry

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, agree here with so many comments. I would add though, that many animals in captivity have allowed the general population to further the protections of these animals in a world picture. Talk about irony. I don't think such animals have the ability to return to the wild but I don't know much on this topic.

this is a very good point cube...indeed, being able to see these animals up close has engendered a deep respect for these animals...which is now, all the morer eason they should be let out...they have served their purpose...we knew very little about Dolphins and Whales in 1965-1970...the whole first generation of captive orcas and dolphins served their purpose...people feel a genuine love for them...now, they that love must be shown in allowing them basic freedom...they can still be visited, in a natural environment, which is much more rewarding.

when i was little, growing up in New York City, i used to go to the Central Park Zoo, every day, to see Tina and Julia, the zoo's two Asian Elephants...i loved them more then anything...back then, you could feed them through the cage, because there was only about 10 feet distance between the viewing wall, and the bars of the enclosure...so you could buy peanuts, and hold your hand out and they would extend their trunks and take the peanuts right from your hand...it was magical...i used to remember the excitement, and the love for those elephants i had...little did i know, how barren their lives probably were, living in the middle of a half acre concrete space in the middle of Central Park. I used to get to see them almost every other day and i remember their trunks touching my little hand, and how delicately these behemoths took the peanuts from me.

(one of them eventually went crazy and killed her new trainer, after her old trainer died who she loved)

when i went to the Ringling Brothers circus back in 1978 or so, at age 7, all of the elephants were doing tricks and running around, little did i know that then and now, they were beaten with bullhooks, and treated horribly, and spent most of their lives chained up in a barn when not on tour, and chained up on a train when they were, or chained up in an arena, waiting to perform...

yet this is still happening...we no longer need them as ambassadors in "our world"...we need them to be happy in theirs...which we are slowly destroying too.

(on the topic of elephants, this is a wonderful place, called the Elephant Sanctuary, where i am also a member/donor to...they give a decent, caring, loving life to retired circus and zoo elephants and ones rescued from inhuman conditions...they have many elephants, who live happily in acres and acres of free natural space, with mudholes and lakes for playing...and there is a very substantial education program, where doctors and behavioral studies get to come and visit to study them at a respectful distance etc....the elephants have 2700 acres of free space to roam and play in, and warm barns to sleep in at night)

it is one of my favorite sites...you can learn about each elephant, some even paint and the paintings are sold for charity and donations

you may have also seen this report on CBS, about how a stray dog was found in one of the properties they bought for the sanctuary...the stray dogs name is Bella...her best friend, naturally, is an elephant...they are inseparable

YouTube - Bella and Tarra

The Elephant Sanctuary featured on animal planet a while back...they even have a webcam, and detailed biographies of all the elephants, what their favorite foods, who they are best friends with, which other elephants they hango out with most are etc.

The Elephant Sanctuary : Hohenwald Tennessee

(a vid)
http://events.streamlogics.com/elephants/Mar24-06/index.asp

i am glad to see this being done more and more as there are sanctuaries like this for chimps now as well,

(check out this awesome place i belong to as well) Chimp Haven

and of course i belong to this one as well...which is fantastic...it is know as a "City for Chimps" and houses over 300 chimps rescued from labs and other unfair circumstances :smile:

http://advocacy.britannica.com/blog/advocacy/wp-content/uploads/aerial.JPG

Save The Chimps - Chimpanzee Sanctuary

and hopefully this will continue to allow former animals used in zoos, circuses, research etc. to allow them to live out their lives while still in human captivity since a wild return is impossible, but live it on *their* terms, with freedom, autonomy, without being forced to do tricks to live, and with their dignity.

i use the elephant sanctuary as an example, because that could be done with the orcas and dolphins as well.

i encourage you all to visit these sites, read some of the articles, watch some of the videos of how happy these animals are now, and see some of the wonderful work these places do...especially touching, are the many videos that show an elephant or a chimp, how has never know the feeling of grass under their feet, being transported from their prisons, and then arriving, frightened, tentative, and shyly, in uncertainty, leaving the travel vehicle...stepping out in to freedom...gradually meeting others of its kind, and within days are roaming around with dignity and happiness,
look at the nervousness, of being introduced, to kindness and a new life of freedom after probably so much suffering...

YouTube - Dulary's Arrival

especially heartwarming, are watching two elephants Misty and Delhi, that were with each other in the circus 20 years ago, who were reunited, at the elephants sanctuary, trumpeting and so happy to find each other once again...it is true...an elephant never forgets...and neither do orcas and chimps... (or the lion who remembered the person who rescued him and brought him to the sanctuary he now lives at in the famous video...)

these attempts to make the animals' lives better by taking them out of captive situations can be done...all it takes are enough voices.

Last edited:

Pauligan

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Animals should not be held prisoner. They showed footage of some woman, I don't know if it's the one who was killed, and they were throwing buckets of water on the poor whale. If you threw water at a human that way they'd get plenty mad, so why, should it be any different for a whale and even worse a whale being kept in a small pool when it should be out swimming an ocean.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
(on the topic of elephants, this is a wonderful place, called the Elephant Sanctuary, where i am also a member/donor to...

Dude, who knew you and I had that much in common?

The Elephant Sanctuary and Tiger Haven are the only two charities that have been on my 1040 consistently for the past decade.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Animals should not be held prisoner. They showed footage of some woman, I don't know if it's the one who was killed, and they were throwing buckets of water on the poor whale. If you threw water at a human that way they'd get plenty mad, so why, should it be any different for a whale and even worse a whale being kept in a small pool when it should be out swimming an ocean.
I...naaaah...

I don't see the need to anthropomorphize. A whale would probably react to a bucket of water the way you would react to a bucket of air. It is, after all, their element, and as long as you didn't try to dump water down a whale's blowhole while it was inhaling it probably wouldn't care one way or another.

It's simple. Its isn't good for animals or people when animals are taken out of the wild and trained for the purpose of entertaining humans. The whales they use in these exhibits are trained but they aren't tame. People who mess around with ten ton wild animals with big fucking sharp teeth are taking a risk and sometimes have to pay the price. The whales should never have been captured in the first place, and should be set free. Incidents like this wouldn't happen if whales were not forced into proximity with humans.

Our need to see biggerfastermorenownownow has (literally) bitten us again.

scottredleter

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm surprised that republicans aren't calling for the building of new 'Killer Whale Prisons' to combat rampant killer whale murderers. Oh yeah, I guess Sea World is a Killer Whale prison. No wonder he wants to kill so many people.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Dude, who knew you and I had that much in common?

The Elephant Sanctuary and Tiger Haven are the only two charities that have been on my 1040 consistently for the past decade.

:biggrin1:...great minds think alike and such...Tiger Haven is wonderful too. i need to add that one to my list...i watched a program on it awhile back on animal planet.

there are so many worthy places out there, many overseas, like the sanctuary for Orangutans that Julia Roberts did a documentary on...and also a sanctuary in africa for orphaned elephants whose mothers were killed by poachers.

check out the chimp sanctuary here too...they do really wonderful stuff.

there is also a Gibbon sanctuary (i love gibbons) in California that really needs alot of help,

Gibbon Center Home

i think it is great how much the internet has really helped get the word out about these wonderful places in the past 10-15 years or so...really has helped spur an entirely new era in the rescue and protection of animals and the creation of sanctuaries for them.

as i said earlier, it would be so easy to create a similar situation for the Orcas and Dolphins.

i wish i had a couple a billion dollars lying around...i would really be able to do some good with that in the cases of these many wonderful sanctuaries...they do great work as it is, and, if we could extrapolate that generosity 20 fold, the animal world would be all the better for it :smile:

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Set him free to be!! Any living thing taken from its element and confined to a tiny, totally foreign space forever and "trained" to be something other than it is would most likely rebel if it could. This whale has expressed his unhappiness more than once yet the zoo and "keepers" refuse to listen. So sad.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Set him free to be!! Any living thing taken from its element and confined to a tiny, totally foreign space forever and "trained" to be something other than it is would most likely rebel if it could. This whale has expressed his unhappiness more than once yet the zoo and "keepers" refuse to listen. So sad.

I agree. Even if he dies in the ocean it is better than being in jail.

B_Mister Buildington

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have two suggestions.

1. Do nothing. Continue doing shows with the whale. However, if family members of any of the killed humans come to a show with harpoons, they may not be stopped from attacking the killer whale.

and

2. Simply kill it and eat it. I bet it is delicious.