Serial Killers

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by las000005, Mar 14, 2009.

1. las000005

las000005 New Member

Have you ever crossed paths with a serial killer and not known it until afterwards when they were caught and you recognized them on TV? I have never had this happen but it certainly does happen to some.

2. Garth33

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Hi! I'm Garth! Can I borrow your chainsaw?:biggrin1::cool::eek: It's ALWAYS the quiet types you have to watch out for...including people that post threads like this:rolleyes:

Peace!

3. midlifebear

Gold Member

Yup. I was invited to sit down with one of my many 2nd cousins, Judy, at a Denny's in downtown Salt Lake City. She had just met Ted Bundy after he flirted with her and invited himself to sit at her table.

We both agreed that he was hot in that straight mormon return missionary sort of way of the era (early 1970's) and remembered his charming smile and easy-going nature. He offered Judy a ride back to her work in a dented VW Bug. But her office was less than a block away and she coquettishly declined and I walked her back to work. Later that evening his photo was plastered all over the local evening news.

The odd chance that I just happened to be in Salt Lake City that day (a place I normally go out of my way to avoid at all cost) may have possibly saved her life. We'll never know.

#3 midlifebear, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  4. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    My second cousin was a murderer (in a rather famous case). I never saw THAT coming. Other than that, the only famous/recognizable case, where the closest I've come to that, was when I used to live in Brentwood, and crossed paths a few times with a certain accused/alleged murderer. :eek:

5. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    not guilty

6. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    In the late 70s and early 80s, there were a series of unsolved murders of gay men in Boston, most of whom could be traced back to a bar on Beacon Hill, Sporter's, which was my favorite at the time.

My best friend was found stabbed and mutilated in his apartment in 1982, which caused me to step way back from the whole scene as it finally hit home to me. I'm sure he was killed by someone from Sporter's, and I'm certain it was someone whom I'd at least spoken with a couple of times, because I knew everybody there.

FWIW, there was no mention of these murders in the papers (let alone the news): it was like we didn't exist as people. All news was passed word-of-mouth, which is why I discounted the rumors for so long. Anyone who has only experienced the gentrified Boston of the last 20 years cannot possibly imagine what it used to be like.

#6 Bbucko, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  7. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Yuh huh. You stepped forward with that defense pretty quickly. The guilt pangs getting to ya? :tongue:

8. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

Massachusetts,The most corrupt of the 57 states.
    I'm a cereal killer

9. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I found out about 10 days after the fact that I was in the same bar on the Upper East Side of NY with Andrew Cunanan before he went to Florida.

10. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Hitler?

11. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

My dad was the sbd killer. He wiped out whole rooms full of people. He even killed arliss when arliss tried to sniff him.

12. BirdinMo

BirdinMo Member

Albums:
    No. But I have met a man who later on killed another man. Close enough?

13. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    Isn't it odd that SK's are mostly white men? I wonder what it is that doesn't make other types of people develope this trait. No wonder there are profilers. Quite an interesting topic despite it's target.

Draft saved Draft deleted