Hey Guys!

So I’m gonna start taking my gym workouts really seriously and want to get into some amazing shape.

Obviously I’m gonna be working my bubble butt off & also having a really strict diet. But What kind of supplements do you guys take? And what brands etc?

Testosterone Boosters? Protein Shakes? Aminos? BCAAS? Steroids? Fat burners?

Share the knowledge! I feel like all the sexy Instagram guys know the secret and I don’t!?

socalfreak

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Other than Photoshop....
Here's the big secret:
Hard work and consistency.
That's it.
You get out what you put in.
All the powders, pills, drinks, and drugs won't make up for giving it all you got.
I train six or seven days a week.
Tired? Sore? Not in the mood? Bad weather? Headphones broken?
Doesn't matter.
To quote C.T. Fletcher, " it's still your mutha fuckin' set!".
6-8 meals a day. Chicken, tuna, eggs, rice, oatmeal are very common for me..
There aren't any tricks or shortcuts.
Start with the basics. Push yourself.
Reevaluate every so often & make adjustments as needed. And be consistent.
Sorry if that wasn't the answer you were hoping for.
But, if it was easy, everybody would do it.
Good luck to you.
I hope you reach your goals.

Other than Photoshop....
Here's the big secret:
That's it.
All the powders, pills, drinks, and drugs won't make up for giving it all you got.
Doesn't matter.
Good luck to you.

This is exactly the answer I want! I just want more information! Like how much chicken? How much tuna? How much egg? How often to switch up exercises? Should I be taking protein shakes and testosterone boosters to help?

Yeah obviously if it was easy we’d all look like Gods. I’m up for the hard work I just want a better understanding of the hard work I need to put in? Does that make sense?

Like to people have any recommendations for books to read or sites that are great research foundations for beginners like me? Cause obviously every book and every website says THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING! WE KNOW WHAT IS BEST! WE’L HELP YOU GET SHREDDED. But I suppose nothing compares to a genuine recommendation from some guys!

DSF140

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Don't ever go hungry. If you're hungry, eat more animal protein. A good start is to eat 1.5 grams of protein for every pound you weigh, or converted to metric, about 1 gram of protein for every 0.91 kilo that you weigh. My guess is that the original research was done in metric, so it should be 1 gram of protein for every kilo you weigh. And break up your meals into 6-8 meals, as @socalfreak suggests. And quit thinking interns of "bubble butts". No one will take you seriously until you get that sort of terminology out of your vocabulary.

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
As stated above, hard work, dedication, determination.
Don't get discouraged when you don't see results in the first couple of months. It takes time.

You'll need to form a routine. You'll want to be consistent.
I do drink a protein shake after every workout. I try to stick to my diet. I've been doing it for two years and I'm still not where I want to be. But, I'm not doing it to bulk up as much as I'm doing it for my health.

I work through the plateaus and keep pushing through. Forcing myself to go whether I want to or not. It becomes a lifestyle. Good luck to you.

Reactions: Stabilo

chicocklarge

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hey Guys!

So I’m gonna start taking my gym workouts really seriously and want to get into some amazing shape.

Obviously I’m gonna be working my bubble butt off & also having a really strict diet. But What kind of supplements do you guys take? And what brands etc?

Share the knowledge! I feel like all the sexy Instagram guys know the secret and I don’t!?
I feel the same way, man. Let me know what you find out.

Reactions: Gj816

chicocklarge

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Other than Photoshop....
Here's the big secret:
That's it.
Doesn't matter.
Good luck to you.

I don't like tuna / seafood nor eggs....what can I substitute for those?

socalfreak

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is exactly the answer I want! I just want more information! Like how much chicken? How much tuna? How much egg? How often to switch up exercises? Should I be taking protein shakes and testosterone boosters to help?

Yeah obviously if it was easy we’d all look like Gods. I’m up for the hard work I just want a better understanding of the hard work I need to put in? Does that make sense?

Like to people have any recommendations for books to read or sites that are great research foundations for beginners like me? Cause obviously every book and every website says THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING! WE KNOW WHAT IS BEST! WE’L HELP YOU GET SHREDDED. But I suppose nothing compares to a genuine recommendation from some guys!
For newer/novice lifters, I always suggest not worrying about any supplements. Just work on the basics. At that level, they aren't needed & you most likely wouldn't be able notice any difference in your body yet.
They have a place for many people (myself & @Snarky_succubus , included).
To answer the rest of your questions isn't as easy as most think.
How much . How often.. Etc.
Think of your ideal body as a combination lock. Everybody's combo is a little different.
My combination isn't going to work on your lock... And vice versa.
It takes time, trial and error, to learn what works for you/what your combo is.
It's taken literally years to get a good handle on what works for me.
Dietary/workout guidelines are just that... GUIDELINES. .. With lots of room for adjustment.
It sounds cliche... But, it's the truth.... To get to certain levels, it's a lifestyle.
I wish I could fast-track everybody who asks me what to do & it be a tremendous success... But, it won't work that way... Because everybody is different.
Good luck to you!

DSF140

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
For a beginner, the single most important thing to learn is consistency.

Train hard. Eat sufficiently. Get enough sleep. Repeat forever.
I can't stress enough the "forever" aspect of it. Too many people out there think that they can do the right things for a few months, get the results they want, then rest on their laurels. First of all, it takes a lot of work for a lot of time to create real change. Furthermore, once you stop, you will turn to shit. If you aren't serious in this endeavour, you might as well be honest with yourself and search for your kicks in slamming down Big Macs or shots of bourbon.

HunggGreek

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My advice is simple. Be realistic about your goals. Start with easy changes and go from there. Get to the gym even when you feel like crap, a half assed workout is better than no workout. One poor meal is not the end of the world. If you eat 5 meals a day that's 35 a week. Just don't write off a whole day or weekend on the basis of one poor choice.

D

deleted994618

Hey Guys!

First off Liverpool is my Team for the Premiership!!! Love KLOPP

Second thing avoid steroids. If you are not competing in bodybuilding competitions or starring in big budget Hollywood action movies you absolutely do not need them.

As for supplements you need depends on what you are trying to do. BCAA'S are always good I take Optimum nutrition their pro series. They are apparently the industry leaders when it comes to supplements for bodybuilding. but the price reflects it. Usually you'll find their stuff ranked at the top of the list but also highest price, so you're paying for the quality.

Whey protein is your next necessity as I am sure you know. I go with Optimum nutrition again Hydro Whey. I used to be a muscletech nitrotech guy I swore by Muscletech but switched to Optimum cause the Hydro Whey dissolves easier and has 30grams of protein in one scoop than Muscle techs 24.

Creatine is good but not a necessity and glutamine as well.

these are the 4 supplements I take.

Now let me be perfectly honest and frank all brands supplements do the exact same thing. what you're really paying for is the name and the taste. You can get really picky about ingredients etc but I say if you're going to be picky about that you might as well simply do the best thing for nutrient getting and that is cooking your own food in the quantities you need and avoid supplements all together. A lot of top fitness guys on IG would tell you they don't actually take supplements but just cook food and eat a lot. Us normal guys who may or may not know how to cook or have the time don't have that luxury.

Hope this was helpful

Reactions: Aneros_1 and DSF140

nice_guy_here

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey Guys!

So I’m gonna start taking my gym workouts really seriously and want to get into some amazing shape.Obviously I’m gonna be working my bubble butt off & also having a really strict diet. But What kind of supplements do you guys take? And what brands etc?
Want to be in "amazing" shape? You need dedication and motivation to get your ass in the gym, even on those days when you can't be bothered to move. To keep to your diet without slacking off and thinking "ah, it's just one day". To keep pushing yourself through your comfort zone.

There is no quick fix. Testosterone boosters are marginal as to whether they actually work at best (unless you have a condition and are prescribed something by a medical doctor to help). Steroids - it's a quick fix, they will help you pack on muscle and shed fat, however there are negative side-effects both short and long term, as well as expense. Protein shakes, "Aminos" and BCCA's are all made up of the same stuff - amino acids, just in different combinations, concentrations and forms. Fat burners - ... please ... The only supplement that has been scientifically proven to have any real-term effects with little/no side-effects is Creatine Monohydrate. BUT here's the thing - none of it will matter if your diet slips and/or you workouts are not effective. It's not as simple as saying "drink a cup of (a) and eat ### grams of (b)"

Yeah, they DO know the secret - putting in the work! They may not show it, they may not talk about it, they may sell out and try to con you with the "latest and greatest" product to cut/gain/shred, but at the end of the day, they have spent years sculpting that physique and carefully controlling their diet.

In short - there are no quick-fixes, no magic powders or potions to being in shape. Even surgery and implants are painful and take time to prep and recover from.

Here's my advice:

1) Have some short, medium and long term goals that are achievable
2) Stay focused and don't lose motivation or hope if you don't quite hit them - progress is progress
3) Get a professional's help/advice - this could be just an instructor at the gym or paying for a Personal Trainer/Coach. I cannot stress how important it is to be taught by someone that is accredited and knows what they are doing! Technique is more important then putting more weight on the bar, no matter what the people in the gym/your ego tells you.
4) Make a plan of your week, when you can train, when you are going to rest (again, another key factor that most people miss - more is not always better!) that is realistic and you can stick to.
5) Understand your diet, what nutrition you need, how much fluid you need to take it - keep a food diary and work out what you are lacking. You don't need protein shakes if you eat right. Learn what proteins, fats and carbohydrates are, what they do and how you can get good, clean sources of them.
6) Plan your meals for the week (and prep if you can). This will not only help you to know what you're shopping for but will also help to keep costs down as you will only be buying what you need and then not wasting anything, or be tempted to put something else in your shopping bags!
7) Take Creatine Monohydrate
8) Keep progressing your workouts - change the intensity, change the lifts, change the order, change the weights, change the time under tension - every 4-6 weeks. I work through periods of Stability, Muscular Endurance, Hypertrophy, Strength and Power. Don't let your muscles get used to things!
9) Eat! This is the biggest thing - I would rather miss a workout than a meal because training without the right fuel can be just a detrimental to your goals. Again, refer to #3 for more information - with the best will in the world, asking big and vague questions to strangers on the internet will never give you as good an answer as speaking to someone in person that can give you the right info specifically for you!
10) Stick with it - there is never perfection, only progress! Don't judge yourself against anyone else other than the person in the mirror

In short - there are no quick-fixes, no magic powders or potions to being in shape. Even surgery and implants are painful and take time to prep and recover from.

Here's my advice:

1) Have some short, medium and long term goals that are achievable
2) Stay focused and don't lose motivation or hope if you don't quite hit them - progress is progress
3) Get a professional's help/advice - this could be just an instructor at the gym or paying for a Personal Trainer/Coach. I cannot stress how important it is to be taught by someone that is accredited and knows what they are doing! Technique is more important then putting more weight on the bar, no matter what the people in the gym/your ego tells you.
4) Make a plan of your week, when you can train, when you are going to rest (again, another key factor that most people miss - more is not always better!) that is realistic and you can stick to.
5) Understand your diet, what nutrition you need, how much fluid you need to take it - keep a food diary and work out what you are lacking. You don't need protein shakes if you eat right. Learn what proteins, fats and carbohydrates are, what they do and how you can get good, clean sources of them.
6) Plan your meals for the week (and prep if you can). This will not only help you to know what you're shopping for but will also help to keep costs down as you will only be buying what you need and then not wasting anything, or be tempted to put something else in your shopping bags!
7) Take Creatine Monohydrate
8) Keep progressing your workouts - change the intensity, change the lifts, change the order, change the weights, change the time under tension - every 4-6 weeks. I work through periods of Stability, Muscular Endurance, Hypertrophy, Strength and Power. Don't let your muscles get used to things!
9) Eat! This is the biggest thing - I would rather miss a workout than a meal because training without the right fuel can be just a detrimental to your goals. Again, refer to #3 for more information - with the best will in the world, asking big and vague questions to strangers on the internet will never give you as good an answer as speaking to someone in person that can give you the right info specifically for you!
10) Stick with it - there is never perfection, only progress! Don't judge yourself against anyone else other than the person in the mirror

great post!

jocktravlr

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I workout 4-5 (max) times a week. Don’t overdo it. Your muscles need enough time to recover and rebuild. If you go too much, then you’ll hinder muscle growth. Eat enough protein, but you still need some carbs and yes even fat in your diet.

About 30 mins to an hour before my workout, I’ll have a quick snack like one granola bar and a banana. During my workout BCAAs. Then a protein shake after. Then real food later on.

Don’t do too much cardio (more than 5-10minutes) before you lift. Keep a log of what exercises you are doing and how much weight. You want to slowly increase the weight.

Also, don’t get too down if you miss a workout or two. Sometimes you need a break and so does your CNS (Central Nervous System)

Oh yea and don’t try to compare yourself to the IG guys. Most of them are on something..

It takes time to build quality muscle, so appreciate the gains as they come and try not to be impatient—I know it’s hard. Good luck!

Crafstman74

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How old is the OP? I’m not an advocate of steroid cycles as a short cut, but........, if you are low ( shift worker with interrupted sleep when your body makes it’s natural T) then it is something you could look into. Having said that, I recommend pharmaceutical grade T, not UG shit. I hit 40 and had the desire to work hard in the gym but I could not recover. One hard work out and I was so sore I couldn’t get back to the gym for 2 or 3 days, now I hit it 4 or 5 days a week with intensity, because now I can, on 140 mgs a week of pharma grade Dr. prescribed T. Game changer for me. Blood work is perfect no A I or blood donating. Love it! Not a substitute for hard work, diet, and sleep as others have stated.

Reactions: DSF140