Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How high on your 'sexual attraction to men' agenda would you put either of these? Or better put, which is more of a turn on? I'm going to take it for granted that both are important to lesser or greater degrees. But perhaps to some women, good sense of humour isn't quite as much a priority as a man who is 'deep', and vice versa. By sense of humour, I mean real belly laughs, silliness, clowning around, or whatever floats yer boat. :smile:

D_one and done

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
you dont mind if a man answers do you?

i find that for the most part i dont identify much with the "sense of humor" of those in my age group, so a thinking man does much more for me than a laughing man. luckily my bf has both, so i dont have to choose :biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hate to sound greedy; but I need to have both in a man. :tongue:

A good sense of humor is of paramount importance. I like people who cannot just laugh at a joke or situation; but who can also on occassion laugh at himself.

If by deep intellect you mean the type of man who reads Nietsche, Sartre; and Chaucer for fun. This I usually find boring and sometimes even arrogant in a man who is many years out of college. However, if by deep intellect you mean a man who is well educated, well read; and can speak intelligently and competently on a variety of subjects without appearing braggadocious, then that is incredibly sexy and desirable to me.

I cannot abide a stupid man; but I don't think I could be with a man who couldn't laugh at life either.

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i am not a female but...
i would say 70 intellect 30 goofball..but for other women it maybe reversed

you cannot be so serious that you are embarrassed if you trip on something.
you have to be capable of laughing at yourself whilst carrying
alot of self-respect.
also just pure, caustic wit in combination with that.

my ideal in a woman is 50/50.
half goofball...half serious.

D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Experimental Member
Media
Where would you say your personality would fit, Dan?

How high on your 'sexual attraction to men' agenda would you put either of these? Or better put, which is more of a turn on? I'm going to take it for granted that both are important to lesser or greater degrees. But perhaps to some women, good sense of humour isn't quite as much a priority as a man who is 'deep', and vice versa. By sense of humour, I mean real belly laughs, silliness, clowning around, or whatever floats yer boat. :smile:

D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Experimental Member
Media
I like the 50/50 balance in a man myself.
There is a time for everything, and I like a man who has enough sense to know what attitude fits the occasion.

i am not a female but...
i would say 70 intellect 30 goofball..but for other women it maybe reversed

you cannot be so serious that you are embarrassed if you trip on something.
you have to be capable of laughing at yourself whilst carrying
alot of self-respect.
also just pure, caustic wit in combination with that.

my ideal in a woman is 50/50.
half goofball...half serious.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Most intelligent men I know have a sense of humour. Some more lighthearted,
others sardonic, possibly twisted, or plain goofy. I've met a few exceptions but intelligence and humour seem to go hand in hand. For that reason, i'm with NJQT. Can't choose when they're a package deal.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I need both, and probably in roughly a 50:50 proportion.
But I think I would prefer a man who was 70 percent deep and 30 percent light, over a man 30 percent deep and 70 percent light.
But a lot would depend on the total chemistry.

HaagenDazs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

If by deep intellect you mean the type of man who reads Nietsche, Sartre; and Chaucer for fun.

Not only that but any dude reading Nietzsche for fun is probably going to try and kill you or take over the world with you on his back at some point. lol.

Anyway, I can't answer for what I would want in a man...for obvious reasons. But in a girl, I'm the same. I need both.

I can't deal with some chick who sits around in her reading glasses all day with a broomstick up her ass. Brains and no sense of humor is a complete bore.

But I also don't want Bozo the female clown who is goofy and has all the jokes but cant have a moment to be introspective or sit back and think about stuff on a level higher than the norm.

So it has to be both. I'm more of a serious person so i would say intellect would rank higher for me. And with intelligence, humor should be natural to an extent lol. But there are also times when I'm a complete clown out in the street screaming with a bottle of beer with my friends. So I'd have to have a girl who could take some time from studying the dictionary and encyclopedia to just kick back, crack jokes, have fun, and make everyone laugh.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hate to sound greedy; but I need to have both in a man. :tongue:

A good sense of humor is of paramount importance. I like people who cannot just laugh at a joke or situation; but who can also on occassion laugh at himself.

If by deep intellect you mean the type of man who reads Nietsche, Sartre; and Chaucer for fun. This I usually find boring and sometimes even arrogant in a man who is many years out of college. However, if by deep intellect you mean a man who is well educated, well read; and can speak intelligently and competently on a variety of subjects without appearing braggadocious, then that is incredibly sexy and desirable to me.

I cannot abide a stupid man; but I don't think I could be with a man who couldn't laugh at life either.
I think I could like doing half & half with a woman, primarily since I could laugh whilst engaging in deep conversation easily.

I like the 50/50 balance in a man myself.
There is a time for everything, and I like a man who has enough sense to know what attitude fits the occasion.
Give me the example there, Cinny, i'll try & make you laugh while stimulating your mind.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Emphasis on the "sometimes".

Most times they are a pain in the arse.

Emphasis on "most times".
Yeah, but admit it- as much as we are hemmorhoids sometimes, the other part of the time you'd still wanna have us around after all is said and forgotten.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i would need both and not one quality more than the other. it's not funny when a guy doesn't know how to be serious. and i can't take a guy seriously if he doesn't know how to be funny. i don't think i'm asking for too much, just a balance to keep things equal.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd give up a huge penis and Brad Pitt good looks for a goofball with a genius-level IQ.

Oh wait, I already did.