Serious question about effects of smoking

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by KidBrown, Feb 25, 2005.

1. KidBrown

KidBrown New Member

Hey, I don't know if I should be posting new topics since this is like my second post, but I really do have a serious question to ask y'all. I started smoking in college, and I'm having a big problem quitting. I'm thinking about going on the patch and all, so hopefully that will help.

Anyway, this sounds 100 percent crazy, but hear me out. When I was a freshman in collge and just started smoking, my penis was bigger than it is currently when erect (currently meaning as of late, not right now, haha).

I don't know if this has anything to do with smoking more than a pack a day for 6 years, or because of the substantial weight gain, but yeah.......I read a study a while back that said cigarette smokers affect all bodily functions over time with the harmful substances in smoke. I'm wondering if this can have anything to do with sexual performance as well. Try not to laugh, I know this may sound like a childish question, but I really would like some input if possible.

See, the problem is that I wasn't anything to brag about size wise before I started smoking, and now I'm just like "this is the last thing I need to be happening". Maybe it has something to do with the thirty pounds I've gained as well? Does gaining weight have any correlation to erection strength?

2. ziggity

ziggity New Member

Albums:
    if your gut is a little bigger, fatty tissue can grow around your cockbase and make it look smaller.

also, there have been studies about smoking being linked to penile shrinkage... *horror*

3. Knight

Knight New Member

Smoking I think either thins the blood or I know does something to the blood that effects it flow so its harder to get an erection, to get the right bloodflow there, a real good flow so you get a strong erection. Gradually it becomes harder and harder to...get hard ;) and heavy smokers can experience severe problems.

4. KinkGuy

Gold Member

Restricted blood flow, which smoking can cause, will result in lesser hard ons and may explain your diminished size. I know of where I speak.

5. KidBrown

KidBrown New Member

^^Hey thanks man. Nice to know that someone else has experienced the same thing.

Normally I wouldn't divulge such information, but this board seems to have a lot of really open people on it, so......

Basically I used to have a pretty decent size, 6 3/4 by 5 inches. Nothing to write home about, but I was happy. It wasn't so much the size, but the fact that I could have sex with my girlfriend three times a night and be hard every time.

Last week everything came to a head (pardon the pun) when I was sleeping with a girl I had seen a few times and I couldn't perform more than once. Even the first time wasn't one of those complete hard-on's if you know what I mean. I felt so embarrassed that I literally apologized to the girl. Thank god I don't have much shame, so I used a vibrator on her to get her off. Some of you may think that's not something a guy should ever do, but I really think it's ok to do something like that. When you don't have an awe inspiring dick, you gotta do what you gotta do for results, haha.

I measured myself the other day and I literally lost almost 3/4 of an inch off my length when I was erect since I measured years ago. The girth is the same, but it really sucks to have to deal with something like this. I'm smoke free for two days, hence why I'm typing really fast and am jittery, haha. Any ideas of how long it might take for normal circulation or whatever to come back? I'm also trying to get back in decent shape as well, so maybe that will help too, huh?

6. Knight

Knight New Member

I dont know, it will take a while and it works. There was a 'magician' who used to eat about 40 lit cigarettes, smoke them all at the same time and stuff. He stopped smoking and he now has the lungs of a healthy teen. Forget his name but yeah, maybe a few months to a year and you should be back to you should get that 3/4 of an inch back

7. Pappy

Pappy Member

Actually Knight I believe the shrinkage from smoking is permanent. Smoking causes the blood vessels to shrink allowing less blood in the penis, which results in a smaller erection.

8. KidBrown

KidBrown New Member

Oh no !!! Say it ain't so !! :(

If this is the case I'm gonna be really upset. Like seriously upset. Ease my fears please...........someone.

That's what they should use for an anti-smoking campaign that would REALLY work.

"This is my dick before cigarettes". (shows picture of my hard, pretty nice sized penis)

"And this is my dick after" (cue picture of my half-hard, quite average looking penis).

That'll make images of lung cancer look weak in comparison.

9. Imported

Gold Member

carolinacurious: Most, if not all, of the effect should be reversible. While it's true that it seems like a long hard slog to get results (and be back at 100%), you actually get pretty major results very soon after stopping smoking. Remember that excitement level can have a big effect on penis size.

10. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Have a talk with your college's student nursing service or even student psychiatric services to find out the most effective way to quit. I say this because it couldn't hurt to find support from other people who, while they aren't having dick issues, are also having difficulty or want to work toward quitting the habit, but have a hard time doing it alone or are relapsing.

11. KidBrown

KidBrown New Member

It's been more than a week since my last cigarette thank god. Yeah, I actually did go to see someone about my habit, and basically it's been hell but worth it. The nicotine that was in my body has already passed out, so the cravings should subside slowly. I'm going through chewing gum by the pack though, haha. It's funny, there's a correlation between the oral fixation factor of having a cigarette in your mouth and having a hard time quitting cold turkey. That's why I need something occupy my mouth for part of the day. Now if I could find a girl that just quit smoking, maybe we could have some fun together, hahaha.

Haven't noticed too many changes quite yet in the pants, but we'll see. I feel better health wise already though.

12. KinkGuy

Gold Member

You will. BTW, it takes about 5 months for your system to cleanse most of the toxins from your body and months to really heal. Mr. Happy will start noticing the difference in the next few weeks. He'll look up at you some morning and say thanks in a big way. ;)

13. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    funny, I've smoked like 3 packs a day for the best part of 10 years and never had any problems or noticed any shrinking. just goes to show that we ain't all the same. :smoke:

14. hung

Gold Member

Albums:
    Great topic. While we are all different as has been pointed out in previous post, please be aware that as one ages the body slows down. I am a former smoker who quite about seven years ago. At that time I was experiencing a penis that could not sustain a decent erection. I did not do the drug route (i. e. virgara) and decided I could do it my self. Slowly after about six or seven months I regained my sexual vitality and I enjoy sex with a rekindling of confidence and strong erections.

It is also true that gaining weight can cause the length to appear less.

15. KinkGuy

Gold Member

Brag, brag, brag!!! You are so blessed you wouldn't miss an inch or two anyway!!!!!!!!!

16. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    hey I can't HELP being absolutely goddamn perfect in every conceivable way. I mean it's tough but SOMEBODY'S gotta do it.

17. KidBrown

KidBrown New Member

Well besides the fact that you look like a serial killer, haha. I wouldn't want to see you in a dark alley, that's for sure.

I started picking up boxing again last week, and it sucks how badly out of shape I am now. I used to be able to spar full force for a few rounds without being out of breath, now I go one and I'm tired as hell, haha. Ah well, I just know the weight will come off sooner or later, and I feel a lot better now after quitting (although I chew Nicorette from time to time). Once I lose some weight and give my body some time to recover then I'll see how it goes.

Draft saved Draft deleted