Serious Question about Herpes

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Finker, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Finker

Finker New Member

I'm stuck in a country where it's very hard to find an English speaking doctor.

Most of us get cold sores on the lip. I've had it for years, except the very last time the outbreak was on the side of my nose for the first time, instead of the usual place on my lip.
    Is it normal for herpes type 1 to transport from the lip to the nose ?

My last girlfriend just emailed me saying she tested positive for Herpes type 2 :(
    I've had no outbreaks in my genital area whatsoever. Only thing I've had since last seeing her is random itching all over my body, and when I do itch it makes my skin flush up, very red with a heat sensation for a short while then it goes away.
    Could that be an early sign for HSV 2 ?

2. drjimmy25

drjimmy25 New Member

The herpes virus lives in the nerve cell so if you have an outbreak, the virus shows up in the pathway of the nerve. The nerves in your mouth area may also travel up to the nose area as well. Sort of like going to a dentist getting navacaine in your gum and having your cheek go numb as well.

As for your body itches I doubt its herpes....from what I understand if you have oral herpes, you may be resistent to genital herpes. I don't know if that is fact but worth researching further.

3. BigD_2

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hey man, I dunno, go to webmd.com or other similar sites and see what you find.

I've also been having itchy skin which when I scratch it causes a heat sensation and redness for a short while...I figure it is the wintertime, my skin is dry, and gets red when I scratch it.

I've never heard herpes to go to the nose...that sounds like something different to me...but I am no doctor!

4. D_Edwin Eatser

D_Edwin Eatser New Member

That's not true in my case. I've had oral herpes since I was a kid, but picked up genital herpes a few years back from a girlfriend. I take Acyclovir, which keeps both sorts from breaking out.

I've only once had herpes on my nose, after i was very run down following a bad outbreak of intestinal trouble in Mexico years ago (long before my genital herpes).

I believe it's possible for oral herpes to transfer to genitals, so if you feel that pre-herpes itch don't have oral sex.

5. scottredleter

scottredleter New Member

Albums:
    herpes travels around in unpredictable ways. My dentist once asked me before a procedure if the zit she saw near my mouth was (to my knowledge) a herpes sore. I told her I was sure that it was just a zit. She told me that she didn't want to inadvertently smear herpes around all over my face while fixing my teeth.

As a teenager I worked for a landscape company... a lot of raking ans sweeping. I had an almost perpetual blister on the side of thumb. At some point, I developed what I thought was a case of poison ivy. then my arm swelled up like a balloon wt a thick red line that ran all the way up my arm and over towards my heart. that got my attention and I went to the emergency room where I was told that it was herpes. I had a couple more severe outbreaks there, but eventually they subsided and I haven't had one in a very long time. In a way, I feel like having it on my thumb helped me from getting it on my dick... oh yeah, it also turned me from a right handed jacker to a left handed jacker.
    All in all, if I had to get it, I was glad that it showed up where it did.

Any more, I consider any flair up on my thumb as my 'check-engine warning light' for my immune system. Thankfully, it hasn't lit up in a very long time.

6. meheme

meheme New Member

You might want to get tested just to be safe; but be careful because some blood tests will just test for the presence of, and since you've had cold sores that can result in a false negative.

Just be clear about your situation with the doctor and I'm sure they'll be able to help you get tested.

7. Finker

Finker New Member

Thanks all for your replies.
    It seems to me that my situation is possible two cases in one.
    Problem is, said ex gf, isn't really feeling like talking to me at the moment. That's one of the down sides of dating someone younger.... Too immature.
    I'm definitely going to see a doc about it. Thankfully, I don't have any symptoms. I've read that Herpes Type 1 (The cold sore on the lip) CAN become Type 2
    conflicting stuff on the internet... I was really surprised.

8. Finker

Finker New Member

no way mate
    if you have any sort of virus, you are more susceptible to other viruses... I know this is a website where many are too uppity of their macho image (not referring to you), but fuck that shit... I'll speak the truth when I see it.

9. Finker

Finker New Member

You might be right... but my ex has the exact same symptoms... she's been seeing her docs and they couldn't figure it out until now !!!
    so that's why I figured it might be something contagious and not something due to the weather in MY case :)

10. Finker

Finker New Member

thanks for your honest reply mate
    really appreciate it
    yes, whenever I feel that tingling in the lip I avoid everything...

There was one case where I kissed a girl, and the very next morning, I got the tingling sensation on my lip... but no outbreak.

11. Finker

Finker New Member

that's insane man... I've never heard of it being on the thumb before .. I guess if I were to have it, I'd definitely prefer it to be on my thumb rather than my dick.... fuck it, ANYWHERE but my dick

12. Finker

Finker New Member

thanks man

13. drjimmy25

drjimmy25 New Member

When you get it on the hand/fingers it's called Herpes Whitlow!
    Herpes Whitlow

Draft saved Draft deleted