Serious Testicle Question!!

orion_is_sweet

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I know this thread is under "The Healthy Penis" but I'm just curious as t how large everyone's testicles are?

I have asked so many people how big theirs are and they have all responded with a size that of a teaspoon, so I googled it and I figured out that that is actually the avergae size. However, I didn't know my were larger than average until fairly recently. I just thought I was getting well-endowed men with tiny balls, lol, (go figure).

But I used a spoon to measure my balls and mine are way bigger than a TABLESPOON! Mine are about the size of a wooden spoon. And I just kinda wondered to myself..."OH MY GOD!! Am I a freak of nature, is this a good thing? Should I get checked for cancer? Should I flaunt this sort of thing? But then I kinda calmed down and just kept my mouth shut about it. :redface: Now my little brother calls me ostrich eggs, I hate that hippie bastard...nah I love 'em. :rolleyes:

But anyway, what are the sizes of you guys out there? Any like me? any at least close? Anyone average as well? (I should hope so)

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
orion_is_sweet said:
But I used a spoon to measure my balls and mine are way bigger than a TABLESPOON! Mine are about the size of a wooden spoon. And I just kinda wondered to myself..."OH MY GOD!! Am I a freak of nature, is this a good thing? Should I get checked for cancer? Should I flaunt this sort of thing? But then I kinda calmed down and just kept my mouth shut about it. :redface: Now my little brother calls me ostrich eggs, I hate that hippie bastard...nah I love 'em. :rolleyes:

Since you wrote in another post that you have a twin brother, it seems like one obvious way to check if you were 'normal' or not would be if he were the same size. I'm surprised you didn't mention that, orion.

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
No matter how big your balls are, you should always get them checked regularly. Testicles and prostate are both prone to cancer and too few men detect it early enough.

That said, I'm in your boat. Mine are larger than a tablespoon...getting to the wooden spoon territory. Large enough to be an inconvenience. Very little you can do except wear a jock. KinkGuy has plenty of jockstrap fashion tips.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Orchidometer
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

An orchidometer is a medical instrument used to measure the volume of the testicles.

The orchidometer was introduced in 1966 by pediatric endocrinologist Andreas Prader of the University of Zurich. It consists of a string of twelve numbered wooden or plastic beads of increasing size from about 1 cc to 25 cc. Doctors sometimes informally refer to them as "Prader's balls", "the medical worry beads", or the "endocrine rosary."

The beads are compared with the testicles of the patient, and the volume is read off the bead which matches most closely in size. Prepubertal sizes are 1-3 cc, pubertal sizes are considered 4 cc and up and adult sizes are 12-25cc.

The orchidometer can be used to accurately determine size of testes. Discrepancy of testicular size with other parameters of maturation can be an important clue to various diseases. Small testes can indicate either primary or secondary hypogonadism. Testicular size can help distinguish between different types of precocious puberty. Since testicular growth is typically the first physical sign of true puberty, one of the most common uses is as confirmation that puberty is beginning in a boy with delay. Large testes (macroorchidism) can be a clue to one of the most common causes of mental retardation, fragile X syndrome.

Professor Stephen Shalet, a leading endocrinologist who works for the Christie Hospital in Manchester, is reported to have told The Observer, "Every endocrinologist should have an orchidometer. It's his stethoscope."

orchidometer.gif

orion_is_sweet

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
actually my brother was one of the people who I asked this question to and his testicles are of normal size.

ok, mine are quite a bit bigger than that 25 one however, I think things maybe be proportioned a little differently on the screen. Even though there's the inch indicator I don't know how to apply that to real life.

How would I go about having this orchidometer thing done?

NYC8"

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
One urologist I went to had what looked like a "reversed" orchidometer: it wasn't a chain of different-sized beads, but rather a big cardboard stock with the different-sized holes in it. It gave me the creeping shivers just to look at it, and since I was nervous enough being in the doctor's office *anyway*.... gah. He didn't use it on me, so it's possible I misinterpreted what it was for. I kind of hope I did.

I've never done the spoon test myself, but my doc once matter-of-factly informed me during an exam that I had "rather large and heavy testicles." By pure instinct I blurted out "Thanks!" And it was an awkward moment.

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I guess I measure in on the '25' scale. I think my testicles are the right size, although I've never had cause for concern.

The only concern I've ever had is that when I cross my legs while sitting (regardless of underwear type), I invariably have to move my entire package lest I squish my nuts.

JamesPM

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Pecker said:
Orchidometer
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

An orchidometer is a medical instrument used to measure the volume of the testicles.
Another method .... but it may just be for chimps and TV presenters:

http://www.open2.net/labrats/sperm_diary3.htm

Quote from the page:

Zeron: I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. We had to cast our testicles (for common decency we couldn't show our actual testicles on TV) in the monkey house. The monkey house was cold. The testicle mould was cold. And the female chimps watching were unimpressed. But hey, I got to show my ass on TV.

---
James