serious thought: are men silently more beautiful than women??

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I may wear a fitted suit with 4 inch heels.

I love to work this look too! That naughty secretary/sexy accountant look works well for me...form-fitting pencil skirts and cashmere sweaters with my 4" heels and my constant state of bedhead (curly hair) gets me some attention...:biggrin1:

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That website of celebrities without makeup reminded me of the Star Trek episode Mudd's Women. (Three women need to keep taking an illegal "Venus drug" to appear beautiful.)

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Quote:
Men that pull that mess piss me off royally! Especially black men.

Girl you do not want me to get started on that one! We would be having an AMEN session all night. It reminded me of the book by Iyanla Vanzant where she was writing a letter to her father for rejecting and disrespecting her mother and herself. I almost lost it when she said, "Daddy, why do you hate me so much? I look just like you" Well...PREACH! :rolleyes:

Ahh yes, the sexy professor/librarian is a look which I have been told I work quite well.

I bet you do .Funny how easy it is to play a woman like yourself!:wink: LOL! I think most people are shocked though when I do dress like that because so often I look more like the boho Sunni Moslem matron with everything covered. Yesterday I had on a fitted suit and 4 inch heeled boots. One person I work with said my new name is LEGS! LOL!

I find it hard to believe any part of you would be described as crone like.

Well, I say that because my mom is freaking out that my hair is decidedly salt and pepper at this point. It is now almost to my waist and I am wearing it with abandon! When I say "crone" i dont mean it in a perjorative sense. But in sense of empowerment . I love every grey hair on my head and on the heads of my friends and many of the sexy men of distinction here on LPSG. Grey hair only means hopefully by this time you know how to do it right! LOL! :wink:

It is your inner bird of paradise that matters anyway.

I like this statement

I Do too! LOL! I coined it because there are just some of us who are never going to be Brown Wrens. We dont fit in, no matter what . We dont drive mini vans, we dont have 2.5 kids and we probably dont care! We couldnt be anything other than who we are and that is fabulous! Now the flip side is that Birds of Paradise might be meant to shine alone ,but it is what it is. Be the Bird of Paradise you were meant to be instead of a bad imitation of a Brown Wren! :biggrin1:

Oh for what it is worth the only makeup I have on in my gallery pic is lipstick.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i was just thinking how women always put on face paint like make up (which i wish wasnt the case) and fake eye lashes and hair extension to look "good" but men dont have to do those things to be attractive...just a thought any takers on this? here a little insight to my thought Look At This...: Celebrities Without Makeup

I think I could safely say that men are acceptably attractive, much as mother nature endowed them, and one does not expect them to look exotic with glistening eyelashes and rosy cheeks.

On the other hand, the standard of beauty for women has become something different from the natural look mother nature provided. In my opinion, a beautiful woman should have benefit of all the cosmetic and styling accents that are available to make her appear at her most beautiful and glamorous!

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like the Halle before picture. She's hot no matter what.

I was looking at the pimples several women had on their face and am figuring it was mostly dietary and then nerves.

Then the fact is that the cinema's pretty boys are also subject to before and after. You don't think they wear make up, think again.

As far as personal preference goes I like women with little to no make up who have the intestinal fortitude to work out to create a real sweat. It means they are mentally strong and will keep ageing at bay. Nothing ages you more than getting chubby. It is a twisted thing that women need fat to be fertile and that fat ages them so quickly. Men too, fat men look years older than they are if it is fat on the face.
Agree, Halle looks great on both pictures.

But you can see that those are the worst pictures of each of them.
We all have some awful pictures of ourselves, the difference is that we erase instead of publishing them on the newspapers.

On the 90% of my pictures i end up on some stage of eyes closing. The press would eat me alive.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I find it hard to believe any part of you would be described as crone like. Well, I say that because my mom is freaking out that my hair is decidedly salt and pepper at this point. It is now almost to my waist and I am wearing it with abandon!Ahhh, why do you torture that sweet old woman, When all you need is a couple of bottles of Miss Clairol to make her happy? :biggrin1::tongue: When I say "crone" i dont mean it in a perjorative sense. But in sense of empowerment . I love every grey hair on my head and on the heads of my friends and many of the sexy men of distinction here on LPSG. Grey hair only means hopefully by this time you know how to do it right! LOL!:wink: One would hope so, but that remains to be seen for some of us. :biggrin1::rolleyes::smile:

"It is your inner bird of paradise that matters anyway."
I like this statement :smile: I Do too! LOL! I coined it because there are just some of us who are never going to be Brown Wrens. Amen to that! We dont fit in, no matter what. We dont drive mini vans, we dont have 2.5 kids and we probably dont care! :smile: We couldnt be anything other than who we are and that is fabulous! Now the flip side is that Birds of Paradise might be meant to shine alone, but it is what it is. I'm not comfortable with that last bit. That doesn't mean it's not true, I'm just not willing to give up the ghost yet. Be the Bird of Paradise you were meant to be instead of a bad imitation of a Brown Wren! :biggrin1:

Ahh yes, my friends and I call that the "hubble syndrome." like in the way we were. When Barbara Streisand's character says to Robert Redford's character, "Your girl is lovely Hubbell." He had chosen to marry the straight haired WASPy girl over the wildly, curly haired more ethnic Jewess; even though they had a child together. A common theme around the world no doubt. :mad:

Men might lust after and have sex, with we beautiful Birds of Paradise; but they marry the little Brown Wrens. :frown1::mad:

[on meeting Big's new girlfriend]
Carrie
: Your girl is lovely, Hubbell.
Mr. Big: I don't get it.
Carrie: And you never did.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think I could safely say that men are acceptably attractive, much as mother nature endowed them, and one does not expect them to look exotic with glistening eyelashes and rosy cheeks.

On the other hand, the standard of beauty for women has become something different from the natural look mother nature provided. In my opinion, a beautiful woman should have benefit of all the cosmetic and styling accents that are available to make her appear at her most beautiful and glamorous!
(emphasis added)

Ah, this is exactly why I love you so much, donkeyboy(cloud)9 !!!!:tongue::tongue:

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Per make-up on women/them not leaving the hosue with their game face, it seems as though they wear make up more so to impress other women. When well applied and for the right occassion certainly appropriate.
Having been in television and an anchor man knowing actors, make up is de rigeur. Nothing to it. One must look good on camera and gay has nothing to do with it. NBC New York makeup people (and other stations) thank you for making look beautiful! But it was always great to get that shit off my face.

With my most recent ex, I would encourage her to leave the house without makeup because it was not necessary for kayaking. Afterwards we went out for a bite to eat and a drink and she said "But I don't have makeup on!"
To which I replied "That is not neccessary. You are lovely as you are.". Of course we ran into many people I knew and no one reported back re. her lack of makeup.