sex after a vasectomy

westy30004

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Surgery no problem. But for about four months after my vasectomy, I had a pain that started at the base of my penis (below my balls) and would shoot to the end of my penis during ejaculation. It eventually went away. I was 35 when I got my vasectomy and would do it again with no problem...heck, I shoulda got one when I was 16.

horneyoldguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Was allowed sex after a week, but with a rubber on. Was told the the urologist that I had to wait a month before a check up and to ejeculate as much as possible either by fucking or by hand. So my wife helped, when not fucking here she gave me hand jobs. The purpose was to get rid of all sperm in the ducts.

Had to go back for several tests after the first month. Haven't used a rubber since.

SweetWilliam

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm having mine done tomorrow (seriously) so this is a nice thread to see.

It seems every urologist recommends something different. Mine just requires 6-8 ejaculations in three weeks following the procedure, then they want a sample to test. Then three more weeks and a second sample. After that it's the all clear (assuming the samples are sperm free). He does advise birth control during the 6 week test period. He says there is lots of anecdotal evidence of strange sexual and body dysfunctions in men with vasectomies but in 100+ years there has been no scientific proof for any of it.

The guy says he's done a couple thousand so I'm hoping he's perfected the art by now. Crossing my fingers for little discomfort and no more sperm.

bluemountain

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My surgery was almost 19 years ago. Just prior to my 3rd child being born. I had the surgery in May, he was born in August. I had to wait about a week before having sex; although I took care of myself before then. There was a slight discomfort during the first ejaculation; but after that everything was fine. I didn't need to use condoms or any birth control as my wife was pregnant at the time. By time the baby was born and the doc released her; my plumbing had long cleared out. Took two samples to the doc for inspection (there were weeks apart), both samples were clear. It was great relief to me. We did not want more children and the 3rd one came along sooner than we planned; so once I started shooting blanks, it was great. Sex without the worry of pregnancy is awesome. As for ejaculation volume-no difference. Testicle size--no difference. Nothing changed; except the loads were duds and that was great for me.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think they do william, and I think that procedures can vary considerably over the years. It's a couple of days mild discomfort going by what my husband experienced, it's well worth it when you think of the freedom it'll bring you.

SweetWilliam

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not to turn this thread into my own personal vasectomy diary, but...

It's been about 20 hours, there is some discomfort but nothing a few Tylenol can't handle. Mrs. SweetWilliam is being very kind, I think she's REALLY looking forward to the end result (so am I). I think she plans to keep me too busy having sex after a vasectomy to write about what it's like.

The operation itself was quick, somewhat painful and quite surreal. It was already in my Top 5 List of Weirdest Things I've Ever Done, and then they tilted the operating table about 30 degrees, lifting my feet well above my head. So I'd say that puts "Having a Vasectomy" solidly at #1.

Those going through the procedure will feel a lot of cool breezes, significant squeezing and groping, some bizarre and uncomfortable tugging sensations WAY the hell up inside your belly and (if you're me, at least) an uncontrollable urge to joke around with the doctor and staff for the duration.

horneyoldguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
After my operation I had to wear a suspensory and I my balls were impressive. If you've ever seen the balls on a male goat, that's what they looked like.

Attachments

westy30004

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Congrats sweetwilliam...fortunately my dr. was quick to joke around. When I was getting "the shot" and he continued to go deeper...I began to squirm...he said (with his south georgia accent),"I'm getting down there where it lives, ain't I?" I have had friends who had pretty bad experiences though...but to stay on topic...the sex is fine....noticed no difference once my aforementioned problem stopped.

Pain was not that bad...I have 59 vicodin left over (gave me 30 after consultation and 30 after surgery - Rx buddy said it was because I had good insurance)...didn't take one after the vasectomy, but I did take one after a root canal I had two months later.

seahorses

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Congrats sweetwilliam...fortunately my dr. was quick to joke around. When I was getting "the shot" and he continued to go deeper...I began to squirm...he said (with his south georgia accent),"I'm getting down there where it lives, ain't I?" I have had friends who had pretty bad experiences though...but to stay on topic...the sex is fine....noticed no difference once my aforementioned problem stopped.

Pain was not that bad...I have 59 vicodin left over (gave me 30 after consultation and 30 after surgery - Rx buddy said it was because I had good insurance)...didn't take one after the vasectomy, but I did take one after a root canal I had two months later.

Just think? If you had waited, the dentist could have done the vasectomy at the same time. I mean they go deep enough and mine sure felt like I was having a vasectomy, in fact at one point I though he was coming out through the sole of my foot! It felt like it took longer to get over too, taking a while before getting back to regular sex again, though I suppose that's probably my age:biggrin1:

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Don't you have to go back in for a test to see if any sperm are still left after a week or so?
Yeah, in my case it was two weeks. I took in a sample and they looked at it and called me. She told me I was "good to go." I asked her to be more specific because I wanted to make sure they were checking for sterility not fertility. She assured me that I was sterile and said that the sample tasted like chocolate with a hint of garlic.

SR_Pepe_LePube

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Vasectomy must be considered a permanent form of contraception.

My no scalpel vasectomy procedure was performed by an experienced doctor and a nurse was in attendance throughout. I had an anaesthetic injection to numb the area and the doctor then made a very small incision to detect and seal the sperm carrying tube (vas deferens).

There was a small amount of discomfort for a matter of seconds while the anaesthetic is infiltrated into the skin of the scrotum (it feels similar to having local anaesthetic prior to having a tooth filled). In fact the discomfort associated with my vasectomy may be compared to having a tooth filled, both in terms of the procedure, the anaesthetic and the post-op discomfort. No stitches were used.

During the first 1-3 days I had some minimal bruising and discomfort but this resolved itself without treatment. It usually takes between one and two weeks to heal completely. In the meantime, I found it is best to avoid using toiletries like bath oils and talcum powder as these irritated the wound. It will heal quicker if it is kept as clean and dry as possible.

You can have sex again as soon as you feel comfortable, although it is better to wait a few days. I masturbated to ejaculation before engaging in sexual intercourse to ensure I felt fine.
It was about a week before we had sex again but have never looked back since.

It was essential that my wife and I used other forms of contraception following the vasectomy operation until I had two samples of semen examined to make sure that there are no sperm present. It is advised to have a minimum of 25-30 ejaculations before sending these samples to the laboratory at the proposed date of 12 and 14 weeks after the operation.

I have never regretted having my vasectomy and provided you don’t want to have [any more] children and are in a strong relationship I can’t think of a better form of contraception. My sex life has improved considerably know that “I am no longer a threat in getting a woman pregnant” as my wife so elegantly put it!

:smile: