Sex After Menopause

allmale

Experimental Member
Media
Hey Ladies,
I am in need of information concerning what happens to a womens body after menopause and I have a few of questions.
I recently met a new friend who told me that he is married, he's 60 and his wife is in her late 50's, but that they haven't had sex going on 7 years now. He said that is was too painful for her and that this happens alot to older married couples where the sex completely stops. Is there any medical treatment that is available to where normal realtions could be possible. I'm clueless in this area, and puzzled. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
buy him some lube.

that's nearly always the problem. women tend to dry up a little after.

and she should get a pap/smear.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think as well as vaginal dryness a fair amount of women lose interest in sex in general. HRT has some risks but when my hormones start drying up I'm straight to the doctors demanding it, to me the benefits would outweigh the risk, I love sex and I don't want to lose it.

allmale

Experimental Member
Media
He didn't really go into specifics much. I did some research and found that often times the walls of the vagina can get considerably thinner, as well as drying out, making intercourse painful. I really do feel sorry for him, there is such a sadness in his eyes and his voice cracked when spoke of it. He said that after being married 35 years and having a great sex life, then nothing.
How common is this??

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hormone cream helps. Find a good gynecologist, she needs to be comfortable enough to ask what may be difficult questions for her. Her self-worth may be an issue, he can help to reassure her but she ulitimately is responsible for her own happiness, if she can be happy then he will have a chance to be happy.