Sex and Fighting in the ancient times???

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Joseph, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Joseph

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well I wanted to write a new thread ... not like it's been a while but...

It's pretty much established that the dominant one is the one who fucks. Well there's the "Power bottom" which some would say is an exception in the rule, but we're not talking about that today (I gotta write a thread about it some other time). Today I wanted to touch upon the fact how this whole "dominance" thing in anal sex exists since the beginning of time and there was a time/place where it was even more important and was even more established in the society.

I am of course talking about the ancient Greece/Sparta. Ahhh the ancient times where homosexuality wasn't seen as something that bad as today.... and ( in ancient Greece for sure) certainly there was nothing wrong about a casual sexual bit of fun between two guys that at least weren't that straight... I could write more about that, but let's get to Sparta. Since "fucking a guy in the ass" wasn't considered something odd...

Emmm long story short, when a soldier was captured or defeated, it happened sometimes that the lad was raped as a sign of dominance. I didn't believe it at first, but I heard it so often by now...

I was wondering if anyone could confirm it and perhaps tell a few other stories they've heard. It seemed odd... It's been some time since BC. I'm sure there's been some crazy thing ....... like a fighting tournament where the defeated one gets fucked hard.

And before people go right at me... I'm aware this is silly, sex with strangers, STDs etc etc etc..... It's mostly better off staying as a fetish. BUT I'm still curious if you guys/gals know anything about sex fights or something.....

Not like I'd take part in one... knowing my body, I'd be better off just taking out the white flag and bending over (which since I'm not a bottom, would be only a matter of reason...)

2. ktrout1981

ktrout1981 Active Member

Albums:
    I'll have to look into the whole raping captured soldiers thing... but I will say that while I'm sure it did happen here and there, I highly doubt that it was standard practice.

It is not entirely correct to just say that 'homosexuality wasn't seen as something bad' in Ancient Greece. Certain acts of physical intimacy between men certainly were condoned, but 'homosexuality' in the sense that we Americans mean, as an identity rather than an act or set of actions, would have made no sense to them. Effeminacy in men certainly was not a good thing. For example, a master would often screw his boy apprentice between oiled thighs, but never in the asshole. To do that would have been to rob the boy of his masculinity, a big no-no.

It's pretty common to hear the claim that the ancients were completely chill with homosexuality, but the truth is a bit more complicated...

3. Joseph

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ok guess your right that it wasn't all okay, and now that I think about it... the ancient times seemed to have the same relation to homosexuality as countries today, but I love in Poland so all those things/places/attitudes seem to be so tolerant from my perspective.

Draft saved Draft deleted