Sex and spirituality

Do you, or have you ever, practiced any form of Tantra, sexual yoga, sex magick, sexual witchcraft?

• Yes, in the past but no longer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

XL_Lingam

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm very closeted with my spirituality. It's mine. I don't want to share it. You don't need to know it, and if you'd like you can find your own brand of spirituality without my or anyone else's help.

OK. "None of your business" is certainly as valid an answer as anything else. But I sincerely hope there wasn't something about the question that perturbed you. If so, I apologize, as that was not my intention in starting this thread. I simply felt curious whether anyone here shared my interests or experiences--although, regrettably, I haven't had much time the past few days to devote to the conversation. Ultimately, everyone is free to respond or not respond however they choose; to share whatever they wish to share and withhold whatever they wish to withhold. I'm fine either way. But I've enjoyed reading what people have had to offer and am grateful they took the time to answer. And with that said, I wish you the very best on your journey, however it is travelled, and to wherever it may lead. :)

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK. "None of your business" is certainly as valid an answer as anything else. But I sincerely hope there wasn't something about the question that perturbed you. If so, I apologize, as that was not my intention in starting this thread. I simply felt curious whether anyone here shared my interests or experiences--although, regrettably, I haven't had much time the past few days to devote to the conversation. Ultimately, everyone is free to respond or not respond however they choose; to share whatever they wish to share and withhold whatever they wish to withhold. I'm fine either way. But I've enjoyed reading what people have had to offer and am grateful they took the time to answer. And with that said, I wish you the very best on your journey, however it is travelled, and to wherever it may lead. :)

What I meant about my "none of your business" spirituality is that it is a personal thing for me. I disdain others attempting to force their beliefs on me because their "spiritual" leader urged them to do so. I put spiritual in quotes because if you're leading a group of believers and requesting monetary donations from them then I question the degree of spirituality associated with such an endeavor. Donations of time and resources in pursuit of assisting others achieve their own level of spirituality or simply humanity seems to be more in line with published tenets of their doctrine. A $19 million house of god just seems to me a complete redirection of funds of a spiritual community. But that might be because I don't subscribe to anything organized, religious, political or otherwise. I'd not like to be hemmed in by a label.

OK, enough of that soapbox. Spiritual sexuality was the original question, and while sex with my lover is so intensely personal I've never assumed to integrate my spirituality with it. The primary reason is that sex has a physical component without which it doesn't happen. Spirituality is almost the exact opposite: when physicality is incorporated it ceases to be spiritual.

But, like, that's just my opinion, man.

XL_Lingam

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I hear what you're saying. Thanks for sharing that! I was in the cafe last week, sitting working on my computer, with headphones in. Clearly in "Do Not Disturb" mode and this guy came up to me with his smartphone in his hand. I took the headphones out long enough to hear him say, "Let me show you a picture of my Guru." The headphones quickly went back in. I don't like it either when people presume to try to save my soul.

For me I view body, mind, emotion, spirit all as more of a continuum than a rigid set of compartments, flowing in and out of one another, but that's just my opinion too. It's pretty murky territory and I could be wrong.

C41ara

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sex is sex, guys, I don't want to mix it with something else entirely. Like spirituality, yes.

I dont' want to disrespect those who really practice that stuff (except witchcraft of course :D ), but for me it's crazy to confuse spirituality with sex. I mean, sex is great, funny, amazing, important to link with love, but I don't want to overestimated it with spirituality or religion, which things are totally personal.

I don't know if I've been clear with my answer, so short answer: no, I've never combined sex and spirituality and I don't want to :D

Reactions: rtg and XL_Lingam

deeperthanyou

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Uhh what?o_O
Yeah I felt that way to she phoned me the next day and said "I bet you don't even understand what kind of sex we had..." "what kind of sex did we have?" "That was tantric sex"

In truth I just never came and just stayed hard for over and hour while she rode away. And I ended up finishing myself off after waking up in the morning after and went to work. I am glad it was good for her though we had weird chemistry.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Apparently an ex lover believe we had tantric sex by default because she'd cry during sex.
I cry and laugh hysterically during and after an anterior fornix orgasm. That's probably hormonal or triggered by the nervous system.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I cry and laugh hysterically during and after an anterior fornix orgasm. That's probably hormonal or triggered by the nervous system.

I occasionally have seizures after sex. Is that transcendent?
.nope.

Reactions: AlteredEgo