Sex and the Disgruntled Teen

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by MisterMark, Feb 25, 2005.

1. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sex And The Disgruntled Teen - More proof that *not* having sex is sad and dangerous -- even in Texas. What is wrong with us?

By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist

Abstinence is a gnarled wart on the big toe of hot wet life. This much we know.

Or, rather, more specifically, those silly little abstinence programs wrought by the neocon Right and jammed uncomfortably into America's increasingly crumbling and confused public schools and all of which aim to force-feed teens bogus evidence that sex is deadly and icky and fraught and poisonous and should be avoided completely if not somehow surgically eradicated, and if you really must indulge in things prurient and sticky then please go home and whip out your Bible and be sure to avoid your dad's Hustler or the shower massager you little demonic heathen slut. Such programs are bogus and false and misleading and harmful and stupid and wrong. In a nutshell.

More: http://sfgate.com/columnists/morford/

2. mindseye

Gold Member

Wow, I really like where he went with that. You'd never see an essay like that in the Roanoke Times....

For the White House's latest abstinence-only initiative, check out Sex is for Fags!.

3. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wow, I really like where he went with that. You'd never see an essay like that in the Roanoke Times....

For the White House's latest abstinence-only initiative, check out Sex is for Fags!.
    [post=286524]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

"Sex is For Fags" is an excellent corollary to the opinion piece, no doubt!

4. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:

[/b][/quote]

True! Even I was a little surprised to see it, but mind you, the columnist's articles only appear in the online version of the San Francisco Chronicle. Most newspapers' websites are nearly identical to their print publications, but the SF Chronicle is unusual in that they are going after a very different audience with their online version: namely, the younger folks who are much less likely to buy a newspaper. Often, they will have the same news stories online, but with a much less traditional style of headline.

5. Ecchi

Ecchi New Member

Albums:
    I have the severe urge to punch someone in the eye right now, but violence is not the way here. The aforementioned site looks like utter BS though ... at least I hope so ... I'd rather not believe the current young generation is that foolish ....

6. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    Why does it make you so angry?

7. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

I am rather relieved to hear that "Sex is for Fags". That means that I don't have to give it up! B)

8. jonb

Gold Member

Well, we all knew sex between two men was for fags, but I didn't know sex between a man and a woman was.

Seriously though, even the Bible says abstinence education won't work. Remember the story of Eve?

9. Ecchi

Ecchi New Member

Albums:
    Why does it make you so angry?
    [post=286641]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

I'm sick of mindless hatred, Mark ...

and boy did that just make me a hypocrite.

*sigh*

It's just ... I hate hearing of homophobia, I hate people making some huge issue of what people they don't even goddamned know are doing behind closed doors.

I'm not good with social topics and issues so I'm just gonna step back before I make an idiot of myself.

10. jonb

Gold Member

It's intended to be a joke, Ecchi. Sex (even heterosexual intercourse) being for fags. Also, fags are about the only people fundies ever actively speak out against; if they really did something about adultery, for example, they would lose their entire congregation.

Draft saved Draft deleted