Sex and the law

BIGdkluver

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Perhaps a policeman or a lawyer should respond to this post.

I've been wondering about certain sexual activites and their legal (or illegal) status. I certainly don't want to get arrested, so I'm curious about the legalities of the sex-related activites listed below. I'd really appreciate some serious and meaningful responses and/or first-hand personal experiences.

1. Activites in public men's rooms, like glancing briefly at the other men standing at the urinals if there are no partitions (I'll admit that I do it, but of course I try to be discreet);

Masturbating into a urinal or in a stall and flushing it away afterward (99% of the time I am alone in the men's room when I do this--and, of course, I don't do it very often).

2. Wearing tight pants in public so that my penis shows when I walk.
Is this equal to exhibitionism? No bare skin of my penis is showing,
and I certainly don't try to draw attention to it by tugging at it or
scratching it or anything like that.

Any other activities that you'd like to add?

That's it. Thanks in advance for your input.

lesmeljos

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would think that the answers to your questions would vary from state to state, country to country. Suffice it to say, the US would have some of the stricter laws (American law seems to favour the prudish element)!

What country are you concerned about? What state?

OmahaBeef

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Chances are that, depending upon certain circumstances and precise definitions of law, you might open yourself up for things like Indecent Exposure, Lewd Conduct, Public Nudity, or whatever they are called in your state. (It would be a state offense).

I suppose you could also open yourself up for a potential lawsuit...

How about this: Use common public ethics of decency and you should be alright?

...OB

dustin7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You would have to look at the Revised Statues for your state to find out the definition for "PUBLIC PLACE".

In Oregon, public place means "a place to which the general public has access..."

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The previous responses are correct: particular statutes of criminal behavior vary widely from state to state.

You're fine walking around in tight clothes that flaunt your schlong...it might be shocking to some, but it isn't criminal as long as you aren't touching yourself.

The masturbation in public restrooms, however, is another case. Depending on where you are, you might be arrested for indecent exposure. At least in Texas...

Penal Code Section 21.08(a) reads:
[FONT=&quot]A person commits an offense if he exposes his anus or any part of his genitals with intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person, and he is reckless about whether another is present who will be offended or alarmed by his act.[/FONT]

The legally pertinent term in this statute is "reckless" and would be the crux of any prosecutor's case against you. If you were arrested for masturbating into the urinal at a gay nightclub, chances are good that you'd be acquitted, as one could very reasonably argue against the likelihood of any witnesses being either alarmed or offended. On the other hand, if you were arrested doing the same at a River Oaks shopping mall, you'd almost certainly be convicted.

BIGdkluver

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Lesmeljos,
I was concerned mainly about the USA and my state of Illinois in particular. I guess I didn't realize that laws on this issue might vary from state to state. Thanks for asking for a clarification.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm guessing that, specific state laws notwithstanding, you should probably avoid exposing your penis or ejaculating anywhere that a stranger could become a witness. As for the tight clothing, if it is not see-through, it may be obscene without being illegal. If they cannot see your flesh through it, you are considered to be covered.

jfrsndvs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
if you plan to visit the west central part of Illinois, I would be careful, folks here are very touchy about thinks like exposure and such, and the law around here wouldn't hesitate to throw your ass in jail, so it's best to keep it covered up if I were you.

Lesmeljos,
I was concerned mainly about the USA and my state of Illinois in particular. I guess I didn't realize that laws on this issue might vary from state to state. Thanks for asking for a clarification.