Sex drive & age

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by londonhanger, Nov 25, 2009.

1. londonhanger

londonhanger Active Member

Albums:
    It's a widely held beleif that women's sex drive increases with age, with some suggesting it peaks around 40. Is there any truth to this? or perhaps it's confidence rather than sex drive that's really increasing.

2. cock23

cock23 New Member

I can't say for sure, but like with most things this is most likely yet another firmly established old wive's tale.

3. Sakako

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've heard somewhere that the male's sex drive peaks around 18, whereas for females, it's closer to 30.

That's all I can shed on the situation though.

4. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'd say that it's both. While hormones have a definite impact on sex drive, confidence is an undeniable factor.

5. NotSoDumb_Blonde

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Might be confidence, maturity and maybe the sex drive getting hotter. Not sure. I've always had a high sex drive. I think it depends on the person, so, sadly maybe a wives tale as far as across the board all women get a higher drive as they get older. I think it's confidence in themselves -- which often comes with experience/time.

:) bj

6. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    as an old fart here i think the men telling other men something is an 'old wives tale' very humorous.

Ftr i am not experincing more sex drive as i age, but less frustration. fewer fumbles. more peaks. practice Does help.

7. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Darling, 30 is in my rearview mirror, and, if anything my appetite is growing. Haven't seen a peak yet in myself or my mate.

8. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I think it varies according to the person.

In my case, I've always had a high sex drive, but I think it did go up after I had my tubes tied. I think THAT was because I no longer had the fear of pregnancy looming over me (purely psychological, that is - not hormonal/physical...)

9. cdarro

cdarro New Member

I'm 51, GF is 44. No letdown as far as I can see. If anything, experience and a little planning makes it better...

10. beachbum1971

beachbum1971 Member

Albums:
    When I hit my 30s it went into overdrive! I hear it's all good until menopause. Not looking forward to that!!!!!

11. tasteslikejellyjam

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Not sure on this one...
    I think people's sex drives depend from person to person & based on relationships...
    I noticed an increase in toys around the late 30s but that was from women sick of their husbands or the "spark" was no longer there...
    some single women might experience as more of a psychological effect then hormonal...
    and then some experience a psychotic effect...
    some bitches start going crazy around 28 looking for a baby's daddy because of a fear of an incomplete life... whatever in the fuck that means...

PS
    this doesn't apply to all...
    just personal experiences told to me by other people...
    especially in divorce...

12. cbrmale

Gold Member

Albums:
    My experience of women of different ages is that it's about confidence, experience and maturity. They take a while to get it all together, and it starts to happen in their thirties. Having done a bit of travel, I came across young (early twenties) Asian women in various countries who were mind-blowingly amazingly sexually confident. A few deep-and-meaningful conversations with some of those girls took me towards religion, where their predominant belief (Buddhism) hasn't put boundaries around female sexual pleasure and enjoyment like Christianity did. So with no real taboos, sex was all about getting the most out of the moment.

I can still Western women taking a while to reach a plateau of sexual confidence, even though Christianity is now an irrelevance. Our society is still influenced by Christian anti-sex anti-female values, because few really look beyond what they know and are familiar with.

13. Fleur

Gold Member

I agree...and if it's just age...then I'm in trouble...because I'm already a horny girl as it is................:rolleyes:

14. Principessa

Gold Member

I think it's both confidence and sex drive. At 43.5 I can tell you I am just as horny now as I was at 24, with the added bonus that now I orgasm almost every time. :yup: :cool:

15. 3664shaken

3664shaken New Member

From losing my virginity to about 19 sex was something to do for fun, from about 20 -24 sex became a strong drive, from 24-40 I was a raging nympho (almost) from 40-42 I have become more in control but my sex drive is stronger than when I was 20-24.

As I became more confident, sex became better and I was more in tune with my needs rather than always trying to please the guy first.

16. killbass

killbass Member

Albums:
    I don't think men peek at 18. based on my personal experience I am WAY more horny now, at 21, then i ever was by far.

Draft saved Draft deleted