Sex during menstruation

thingsteal: My wife and I finally started having sex during her period a couple of months ago. She's wanted to do it for some time, but she admitted to me that she felt yucky about it and thought I'd be grossed out.

She should know me better :D I was not grossed out by it because I did it this way with chicks long before she was on the scene.

It was a hurdle, but now she's over it. And kinda into it bigtime these days.

It's great to "clean up" after sex. I'll go in the bathroom with a dark washcloth & warm water and stand there in front of the mirror. It's a huge turn-on for me to see that color and smell that smell. I look like I've done some serious fucking. (that sounds so over-the-top masculine, but it's how I feel afterwards...)

So, gals, what's your opinion of period sex?

GreenEyes: I was never keen on having sex during menstration because I felt that I would gross out my partner too.

I am a bleeder the first couple of days and a lover one time said he enjoys it and heard it helps with the cramping. We did and he was suprised how messy it was. If you are going to do it make sure you have a towel underneath.

If you are unsure of your partner try to abstain from this cause it is more at risk to pass things on. Again wrap it up.

What are the men or women's opinion of oral sex during this time? For me I would say I am not too impressed by it because of the mess again. I have no problem kissing and such after a man goes down on me but I think I would if I was menstrating.

I can say that right before my period and towards the end of it I am extremely horny and I can't get enough sex. So if I find a partner willing to venture into this again I will be open to it after the first two days. :)

sammygirly: It's a great time for shower sex  ;D

I have no issues at all about having sex during that time of the month.  I usually leave that up to my partner, but I've been lucky in that I've never had a partner who made a big deal out of it either.  You just have to be careful about dealing with the potential mess as has been mentioned.

Um, oral sex during that time....not for me....unless I'm giving of course ;D

wvalady1968: I was actually on my period the first time I had sex. [God, that was years ago. I haven't thought about this is ages.] We were in college [my first love] and had planned to go to a motel for Saturday night after Homecoming, but I started my period on Friday.

I called and told him, almost crying, and he said not to worry, that we'd just hold each other. Part of me knew better. I was young, not stupid.

Anyway, after that indoctrinization, it was never any big deal to me. It depends on several things: what the guy thinks, whether I'm cramping hard, or if I'm just generally feeling yucky.

Shower sex, eh, Sammy? Cool! 8)

sammygirly: Well yeah, you make a good point - if I'm just generally feeling yucky, bloated, whiney, ugly, too fat, too skinny, too soft, too hard, tired, crampy, useless, angry or downright hateful of the male species....

...well I wouldn't suggest trying to get me in the sack.  :D

I'm likely to cry....ask Maximillian

Maximillian: sammy tears = Max needs to smile and nod and thats it, Max aint getting none tonight! -laughs-

Where the issue of sex during menstruation is concerned, I have no problem with it. I would have a problem with any oral interplay and for one reason only. Simply put, blood is not something to take lightly and can transmit many STDs and things bleach wont kill, HIV for one.

The credo of the lifestyle I lead is "Safe, Sane, Consensual" and there is nothing safe or sane about any form of bloodplay.

Maximillian

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
"Some people fear having intercourse during a woman's menstual cycle. But the truth is, menstration causes absolutly no har to either partner. In fact, the contractions of orgasm push accumulated fluids out of the uterus, which helps decrease menstual cramping."
'The Guide To Getting It On' 1996, Paul Joannides, The Goofy Foot Press.

I have had sex with a few women who were menstating and had little or no mess. I even perform oral without fear of mess. If you are in a monogamic relationship where both partners have no STDs, then there is no problem with having sex anytime of the month that you want!

awellhungboi: I'm glad this subject came up. It's something I've never really seen discussed before. But I, too, have absolutely no problem with this, as long as my partner is comfortable. It feels even smoother and more velvety, and some women have told me that orgasm made them feel better. (I'm sure it did!) In the shower is good, or on the bed, as long as there's a towel handy and maybe a clean pair of sheets. I find the aroma arousing as well--so earthy and pungent and real. I'm a sensualist, I guess.

(Oh, and The Guide to Getting It On is a fun book, Geo! They've got a cool website too.)

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
My ex was normally very hard to get to orgasm in the 20 years we were together but not during her menstrual cycles.

When having her period she was actually more amorous and found little difficulty in climaxing multiple times during our lovemaking. Clearly, it became my favorite time of the month.

Pecker

(My doctor grabbed me by the wallet and said, "Cough!")

Dantesco: Sex during menstruation: not for me, thank you. I tend to be a very orally oriented person when it comes to sex and for reasons discussed, menstruation cuts that important ingredient from the recipe. Intercourse is still a possibility, but the mood swings can make things a little too "interesting". I apparently said something to a sexual partner during sex while she was on her period that didnt sit well with her. I swear I dont know what I couldve said to set her off, but next think I knew she was chasing me down the street naked wielding a machete. Im a bit too old for that much "excitement".

GreenEyes: [quote author=Dantesco link=board=women;num=1062983979;start=0#9 date=09/08/03 at 10:40:30]Sex during menstruation: not for me, thank you. I tend to be a very orally oriented person when it comes to sex and for reasons discussed, menstruation cuts that important ingredient from the recipe. Intercourse is still a possibility, but the mood swings can make things a little too "interesting". I apparently said something to a sexual partner during sex while she was on her period that didnt sit well with her. I swear I dont know what I couldve said to set her off, but next think I knew she was chasing me down the street naked wielding a machete. Im a bit too old for that much "excitement".  [/quote]

No offense meant but I got a good giggle at the last two sentences. Do you think you could elaborate on the machete incident?

bblumbee: Like so many of you have stated, it depends on how I feel and how heavy the flow is. I had one partner would loved sex during my menstration because he said it just helped lubricate it more... I suppose he had a point. So, with that said, yes, I have had sex while menstrating.

HOWEVER, never ever in a million years would I allow a guy to go down on me during that time. I could not handle that, personally. Yet, I have been compelled to give head to my partner during that time. Now that I typed that, Carlee said that was the best time I ever gave head... hmmm... any correlation there? lol

bb

Dantesco: [quote author=GreenEyes link=board=women;num=1062983979;start=0#10 date=09/08/03 at 14:26:56]

No offense meant but I got a good giggle at the last two sentences.  Do you think you could elaborate on the machete incident?
[/quote]

I guess it is rather comical in retrospect but it was no laughing matter at the time. While having sex with her, I was "talking dirty" because she is into that. I apparently said something that upset her and she screamed "Get the fuck off of me, you crazy bastard!" I thought she was kidding. She wasnt. She gave me a shove that sent me off the bed and onto the floor. Mind you, Im no featherweight. While I was getting up, she grabbed a machete that was hanging on the wall, pointed it at me and said "Ill show you!" I thought "Oh shit" and ran out through the door that led onto the patio. I took off through the side gate buck naked with red fluid all over my crotch. She continued pursuing me into the street with the insides of her thighs red as well. I didnt think about the fact I was naked. I just kept thinking "The bitch has a big fucking knife!" She realized the situation before I did and ran back into her house, locking me outside. The neighbors called the cops and I was hauled in for indecent exposure. My clothes were still in her bedroom. Needless to say, we didnt date again after that night.

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Out of all the sexual encounters that I have had, Only one was messy. I was not grossed out. She just started early and turned out to "have a heavy flow". We finished, took a long romantic shower and put the sheets in the washer... :)

GreenEyes: Geo if Dantesco situation didn't shock you I can't believe that because it shocked me however the older I get the more I hear of women loosing it during their time of the month.

Hmmm I wonder if Lorenna Bobbit was pmsing at that fatal time?

My best friend and love (long story ~ long distance thing and something not easy to move forward) had a girlfriend that would flip out during this time. One of the last straws was when she flipped him off the couch over no reason.

So Dantesco I could see why you never dated her again. You mean you never did attempt to call her to see what was what. It is funny now but I can imagine how traumatic it would have been going through it all.

On behalf of more sane women during their time of month I am sorry for what happened to you.

AnonyMs: OMG, Dantesco! This is just way too juicy and there are too many unanswered questions....

Like... when you told the story, did the cops believe you or did you get booked? Did you fight it or just pay the fine/do the time?

Did you get your clothes back?

Dantesco: [quote author=AnonyMs link=board=women;num=1062983979;start=0#16 date=09/08/03 at 16:57:46]when you told the story, did the cops believe you or did you get booked?  Did you fight it or just pay the fine/do the time?[/quote]

I dont think they did at first. That changed when they knocked on her door and found her bawling her head off with the machete in the middle of her living room floor.

Did you get your clothes back?

They asked if I wanted to press charges for assault. I said I just wanted to get my clothes and go home. The police made her give me back my clothes. Then she started crying again. Somehow the magic was gone.

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

It hit me only know... Dantesco, and you're still a hetero after this adventure ? ;D ;D ;D