Sex: Fact and Fiction

B_hungprepjock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Some more basic information for those of us who don’t think we already know it all.

“What’s the average penis size? How fast is premature ejaculation? Exactly where is the G-spot? Grab a ruler and a stopwatch as the experts sort sex myths from the facts.”

From WebMD

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i wonder why guys want average to be larger, shouldnt we say its like 4" so we can feel bigger?

I think it all went wrong with the abacus! It should have been 1-7 before becoming double figures!!

8 seems impressive being so close to 10 as 6 would be if we only had 7 single digits

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
Some more basic information for those of us who don’t think we already know it all.

“What’s the average penis size? How fast is premature ejaculation? Exactly where is the G-spot? Grab a ruler and a stopwatch as the experts sort sex myths from the facts.”

From WebMD

It gave me the impression that the article should be renamed form "Sex: Fact and Fiction" to "Sex: Form your own conclusions after you have done your own research and we'll make it all humorous." From my research I can tell you that some of the people they quoted are simply hacks trying to sell books. Still, it's always good to see that the debates continue.

Yeah, the whole, "G spot doesn't exist because I'm a urologist and we don't see anything there," reminds me of the whole, "the foreskin is useless because we don't see anything there," argument. I say ask a female urologist what she thinks. The whole 5"-6" thing is ridiculous too because there has yet to be a statistically significant independently-verified study done across a broad range of men of different genetic backgrounds using something other than just men who volunteer for the study. I also take exception to the statement that penis size is not correlated with masculinity. Obviously, it is for many men and to dismiss it as a illegitimate concern is failing to address the psychology of western masculinity. It's like saying, "Oh you're fine. Get over it," when really, that's not true at all. There are men living their entire lives as celibates because they believe they will never be able to please anyone with their penis. That's a problem which medicine needs to address. It also reveals a complete double standard in that it there's little question of a woman being given a boob job because she wants one to be more sexually appealing or to feel more feminine yet when a man wants a bigger dick he's told he shouldn't be questioning what he was born with and that his sexuality is not all in his dick. That may say something about medicine's attitude toward women as much as men.

Last, I'm disappointed that they do not take PE seriously nor do they bother to discuss the various options. Yet again, a physician relies on conventional wisdom rather than bothering to investigate actual results from the Richards study to the BBC study: both of which found that enlargement is truly possible.

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
..... It also reveals a complete double standard in that it there's little question of a woman being given a boob job because she wants one to be more sexually appealing or to feel more feminine yet when a man wants a bigger dick he's told he shouldn't be questioning what he was born with and that his sexuality is not all in his dick. That may say something about medicine's attitude toward women as much as men...

It's far easier for a surgeon to duplicate the look and feel of a natural breast than it is to even try to duplicate the the function of a penis, with its hydraulic complexity and so on. The minute some MD figures out a way to surgically enlarge a penis without the drawbacks associated with the current procedures, we'll see a major shift in attitude toward penis enlargement procedures.

Eisenhower

Expert Member
Media
You're absolutely right. Imagine if guys could go in to any plastic surgeon and get 2 or 3 more inches in length and another inch in girth for about $3-5,000 with a recovery time of just a couple days. Guys would be FLOCKING to get it done and suddenly, the notion that guys should feel good about whatever they were born with would be ancient history.

Eisenhower

It's far easier for a surgeon to duplicate the look and feel of a natural breast than it is to even try to duplicate the the function of a penis, with its hydraulic complexity and so on. The minute some MD figures out a way to surgically enlarge a penis without the drawbacks associated with the current procedures, we'll see a major shift in attitude toward penis enlargement procedures.

You're absolutely right. Imagine if guys could go in to any plastic surgeon and get 2 or 3 more inches in length and another inch in girth for about $3-5,000 with a recovery time of just a couple days. Guys would be FLOCKING to get it done and suddenly, the notion that guys should feel good about whatever they were born with would be ancient history.

Eisenhower

100% agree. Medicine is frequently reluctant to admit anything's wrong when there isn't a way to cure a complaint (witness Morgellon's Disease, Chronic Fatigue, or even Lupus!). Reminds me of the SNL skit, Theodoric, Barber of York. It's frightening how many doctors are more like Theodoric than Galen.

Last edited by a moderator: