Sex frequency

MonsterUncut

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
How many times a week do you do it with your partner. My wife and I are in early 30s and only do it 1 or 2 times a week. Is that low?

I'm in my mid 40's, and it's at least once a day, plus a couple two or three good wanks in-between, but then again, I'm constantly horned up 24/7. :biggrin1:

Peace

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
How many times a week do you do it with your partner. My wife and I are in early 30s and only do it 1 or 2 times a week. Is that low?

I think that's average, if I remember my statistics correctly.

I require more sex than that, though, and am glad to have found a partner who feels the same way.

But whether it is low or high, in terms of need, really depends on the individual. I think a very good gauge is how often you need to orgasm, or would masturbate if you didn't have a partner.

If you have a very high sex drive, and are masturbating on the days you don't have sex with your wife, then probably you are not having sex often enough for you.

If you are feeling dissatisfied and want to have sex with your wife more, I recommend talking with her about it. You may be pleasantly surprised (she may be wanting more sex, too), or not...but at least that way, you will have kept the pathways of communication open in your relationship, and can do something about a perceived problem, rather than letting it grow into an unsolvable one.

honeydew

Experimental Member
Media
I am like holleyblue. I need more sex more often but that is me. I would talk with her but make sure you don't make her feel as if she has a problem if she doesn't want more sex. Each person is very different.
My ex could go a month without sex.(hence, my ex) and I would be very frustrated. If I would initiate every time I could get him to be more co- operative but that even became a chore with him.

Lifeguard

Experimental Member
Media
My wife and I are both in our early 50's and we have sex an average of 4-5 times a week. I agree with HollyBlue that it is important to communicate with your wife. Even if it's uncomfortable or akward, it will be much better for your relationship to openly discuss this with each other than to be frustrated or uncertain about each other's needs.

By the way, according to the Kinsey Report, the average frequency of marital sex in the U.S. is 2.4 times per week.

darkone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The wife and I try to have sex 2-4x a week. Just depends sometimes those five kids we got tucker us out and we go to bed early :)

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Married 18 years , sex together 3-5 times a week on a consisitant ratio( saturdays our only child free day we fuck at least twice ) I love to fuck him and would do so at any single time he asked.

x

Honey

RnR

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
HB is right on with this one-as usual. Communication really is the key, and if either of us feel particularly sexually distant from the other, we make sure the partner knows about it. (And sometimes the distance is from other issues which we take care of as well.)

There are weeks that we have sex 5-7 times a week, and others where it is twice or three times a day, depending on the travel schedule and circumstances. (I am 39 and he is 44) There are times that because of travel issues that we even resort to phone or cyber sex-which doesn't leave me as satisfied but is fun.

Frankly, without the dialog and trust we probably both would be frustrated.

Renee

I think that's average, if I remember my statistics correctly.

I require more sex than that, though, and am glad to have found a partner who feels the same way.

But whether it is low or high, in terms of need, really depends on the individual. I think a very good gauge is how often you need to orgasm, or would masturbate if you didn't have a partner.

If you have a very high sex drive, and are masturbating on the days you don't have sex with your wife, then probably you are not having sex often enough for you.

If you are feeling dissatisfied and want to have sex with your wife more, I recommend talking with her about it. You may be pleasantly surprised (she may be wanting more sex, too), or not...but at least that way, you will have kept the pathways of communication open in your relationship, and can do something about a perceived problem, rather than letting it grow into an unsolvable one.

Average_joe

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Then there is how often you would have sex, and how often you can have sex. I'm pretty sure that my girlfriend and I would be doing something pretty much every day, except that I'm always exhausted from school and doing plays, and pretty much fall asleep as soon as I get home.

But there are ways around that, like having sex during the day :wink:.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Like other folks say - depends what you want / what she wants it's all a matter of perspective - Like in Annie Hall (is it Annie Hall?) - She says "We have sex all the time, three times a week", he says "We hardly ever have sex, just three times a week"

And then there's what other factors there are. I have young kids and don't feel that we don't have sex as often as I'd like - Mr.B feels the same. Ideally we'd be once a day, maybe 6 times a week - as it is we're about 3 times a week, 4 or 5 if you count the 'do-it-twice' sessions. That's with conflicting schedules, times when we just can't and tiredness.

Main thing is that you discuss it - if you are both satified - then cool - who cares what the rest of the world is doing. A little while back I had a few low engery months and wasn't really up for sex as much as usual - Mr.B made me a lovely dinner, set a nice mood and asked me what was wrong and was there anything he could do to make things better and once he understood it wasn't him, he was cool and we went shopping for sex toys onlinie together and over the next few weeks (as the little brown paper wrapped parcels arrived) I did a little more exercise and a little less sitting on my ass and hey presto - back came the libido! All kicked off by him sitting down and just talking to me..

Over 7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We make love 4-5 times a week & usually for an extended time. But- the kids are gone, my work is at home with no employees, and mornings are when we choose to languish in bed and enjoy.:biggrin1: If the phone rings, the answering machine gets it.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
It sounds like my hormones are alot more unstable then the other ladies. I can go through stages where i dont want sex for 2 weeks and the guy would be begging me and then the next day it suddenly changes and i will make him spend all day in bed fucking me.

I guess normal would be once a day but sometimes missing a day if i or he is to tired, busy etc. However if you aree satisfied and dont feel like masturbaing is because she isnt giving you enough then dont worry..your sex life is fine for you adnd thats what matters

Mackleanen Beebarf

Experimental Member
Media
It sounds like my hormones are alot more unstable then the other ladies. I can go through stages where i dont want sex for 2 weeks and the guy would be begging me and then the next day it suddenly changes and i will make him spend all day in bed fucking me.

My wife is the same way. Something tells me I'd better not call her "unstable" though. :biggrin1: