Sex . . . Never As Good As The First Time?

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Not to be confused with losing your virginity.

I believe if you find the right partner, sex can only get better. But what about that first time with any person? Is it really all that special? Why or why not?

The second time is what I often find to be the more special one. Remembering the first session of sex leads to the excitement and anticipation of the next session because i've already had an appetizer but now i'm looking forward to the the main course.

Leave it to me to equate food with sex.:biggrin1:

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The first time is an unveiling, whether it is as simple as dropping the linen, or as sacred as baring your soul. It's never the same twice, discovering each other's rhythms and unique erotic zones and modalities. And relearning one's own sense of touch and response.

Navigating the uncharted can be smooth and easy, or fraught with reading cues and responses. The comfort zone where both are able to laugh, and challenge, be playful and creative, usually comes as you gain some experience with each other.

It's usually good at first whether it is somewhat awkward or totally golden. Though truly bad sex seldom gets a second act.

My take is, it always gets better than the first time.

sares

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm with horribleperson & rawbone. learning the ropes is awkward and wonderful, sometimes with emphasis on the awkward, sometimes with emphasis on the wonderful. the actual quality of the technique is lacking because each person is learning the other.

what is really precious about that time is that irresistable clashing, the unbelievable need. but I've come to understand that peak experiences are only as valuable because they don't happen all the time. when Mr.Sares and I got together we were having sex 3-5 times a day, figuring each other out, and it was amazing, yes. but let's be serious, it'd be hard to get anything else done if we were still at it that much, and it probably wouldn't feel as special.

revisiting that time, hearkening back, is much more invigorating than trying to live there.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sex gets better as we learn about our body and our partners body. First time sex was amazing because it was the first time, but it was over way to soon.

jody

Experimental Member
Media
the first time with a new person is usually clumsy and not that good. it definitely gets better.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have actually had awesome first time sex with two men and about 3 women IIRC. We had chatted and gotten to know each other first, did lots of kissing, cuddling and talking as we played about what we liked and wanted.

Over time, the experiences can only get better. I prefer to avoid that awkward first time vibe. Being relaxed, comfortable and open is key if chemistry is there.

PussyWellington

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
rawbone8 said:
The first time is an unveiling, whether it is as simple as dropping the linen, or as sacred as baring your soul. It's never the same twice, discovering each other's rhythms and unique erotic zones and modalities. And relearning one's own sense of touch and response.

Navigating the uncharted can be smooth and easy, or fraught with reading cues and responses. The comfort zone where both are able to laugh, and challenge, be playful and creative, usually comes as you gain some experience with each other.

It's usually good at first whether it is somewhat awkward or totally golden. Though truly bad sex seldom gets a second act.

My take is, it always gets better than the first time.

...that was really quite beautiful and poetic.