Sex not a big deal?

Long&Thick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
As I mature into a young man of my college years, I find myself not as eager to get laid as most of my friends and class mates. Do I want a relationship yes, but does it have to be based on sex, no. I mean, I won't say no..but I'm not crazed for it. Perhaps its just me seeing it this way because I've never actually had sex before and don't know what its like. Is anyone else like me and think sex is just not that huge a deal? I mean, life goes on..sex is a small part of life right? If I were given the opportunity to spend a night with a girl and just talk and "cuddle" as opposed to have a date with a happy ending, I would choose the first choice..maybe I'm just a femanine guy, but is anyone else like me?

P.S This may not be the best place to post my question..as this is a sex forum :tongue:

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Is anyone else like me and think sex is just not that huge a deal?

It's not as important to me as it used to be. I'm not sure if that's due to the perspective of age or declining sex drive or "other".

I was looking at "what have you tried" thread a few weeks ago, and thought that I might just be a bit jaded. But I think it's more than that. I think too many people treat sex as a form of validation, something that proves they're attractive, loved, normal, in a good relationship, living the good life, or whatever.

D

deleted15807

But I think it's more than that. I think too many people treat sex as a form of validation, something that proves they're attractive, loved, normal, in a good relationship, living the good life, or whatever.

People have sex for many reasons and yes validation is one reason as well as the others you listed. This is all normal and good. It has been shown there is a positive correlation with happiness and sex.

LouisVauban

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Varies by person...

I have an unusual sex drive. Even before I had sex, it was high.

Having had several sexually unfulfilling relationships (always hoping against all hope things would improve, sex will be a huge priority in the future in the choice of a proper mate.

You sound like a very centered person. And that in itself is so commendable. Sounds like you don't use sex to escape or calm down. I remember being 15 and working on a term paper all night... must have j/o'ed 9 times to get through it.

There is no right, there is no wrong. Make it your way and it will be the right way. Just don't fall for a nympho... it won't work out! Although sex may be a secondary part of a relationship, it is an IMPORTANT part... and the two coming together should be on the same page about how much sex makes them happy.