Sex on bed with frame or box spring?

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by Skull Mason, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    Whats up peoples. I'm moving into my own place at the moment. I have had a nice queen size mattress for a while now on the floor where I used to live. It was quiet and I was able to fuck as hard as I wanted to and the sucker barely creaked.

However, now I am thinking of raising it off the ground a bit, it got tiring living at the floor level all the time. My new place has people living under me and I would prefer them not to hear me in full fledged Mason Mode. Is a box spring the way to go? Or I am thinking about a frame such as this Amisco Trisha Bed Queen 12329-60 that does not need a box spring. Do you think this bed would bang against the walls?

Anyone got any experience to drop some knowledge for me?

Or should I just grow up and keep the boot knocking to my futon in the living room and leave my bed for just sleep and rest?

* I gotta make the decision by tomorrow night

2. stamrod

stamrod New Member

Albums:
    I'm no expert but box spring or not, some hard fucking can move a bed horizontally. Bed frames aren't made that stiff and if up against a wall, people next door will be able to hear. The best solution to that is to either put some kind of cushion between the bed and the walls (i.e. pillows, rubber stops, etc.), or immobilize the legs and keep the bed at least a few inches from any nearby wall. Castor cups work well with boxspring frames that have wheels.

As for the people below, I think a boxspring with a frame would be better than the mattress and frame you have linked. More cushion between you and the frame. No gaurantees though. I've used boxspring and frame beds almost my entire life. Never had it on the floor or a plain mattress and frame so I honestly can't compare. I'm just going on intuition. Maybe you should go to a mattress store and bounce around on a few.

3. gjorg

Gold Member

That is One cheap ass bed for 500.00 plus ,you can get the same bed for a lot less. The quality will suck just as bad. You will sound like Chinatown on the 4th of july. My cousin lives in a 2 mill home beautifly decorated ,so i asked her why her matt & box were on the floor she said she got used to it in college. Get a six leg locking wide wheel bed frame on carpet away from the wall. You can attach any HDBD or FTBD to it. Buy a Mattress pad & bed skirt , you will be good to go. Don't buy that bed---You will be sorry.

4. Principessa

Gold Member

A mattress and/or box spring on the floor screams college student or starving artist. As a woman thats not something I want to see.

Maybe it's cause I'm a girl but I am a Jersey Girl.:biggrin1: So here goes, I like a superfirm mattress and a box spring on a bed that is basically wood. Wood is heavy and less likely to move around.

I like the masculine and nice streamlined look of the bed you chose, especially since it has places for the scarves to be tied to should I be in that sort of mood.:wink: But here's the thing, if you don't have carpeting that sucker is gonna slide like it's on black ice. That headboard is gonna hit the wall and it's going to make a clanking noise. Trust me on this, I tend to move around a lot during sex.(I have never understood women who just lie there...how is that possible?) Anyway if you have your heart set on that model, cause it is quite nice. Put down a rug and make sure you put a rug pad under it. Go to Home Depot and get some self adhesive foam insulation (the kind you put around a window a/c unit) and put it on the part of the head board that will touch the wall. That will dull the sound and protect the wall.

5. gjorg

Gold Member

Now who's trolling?

6. Principessa

Gold Member

At no point in my post was I trolling. :confused: I merely addressed the OP's original questions. :tongue:
    Trolling- NOT COVERED UNDER FREEDOM OF SPEECH! A "Troll" is someone who is consistently disruptive or abusive to other members in most of his or her posts (this is not meant to include humor, differences of opinion, or the occasional snarky remark). Trolls will be discussed by the moderating staff, and if agreed upon by a majority, our decision will be final and they will be banned. Spammers and advertisers will be banned without warning and their posts will be deleted.

You may want to re-familiarize yourself with the TOS.
    These violations are subject to a sanction up to, and rarely including, permanent ban, depending on (cumulative) severity:
      • Content that jeopardizes the board's legal status.
      • Content whose primary purpose is to disrupt or inflame.
      • Notwithstanding the above conditions, LPSG reserves the right to deny access to any member, at its sole discretion.
    Freedom of Speech- We have a longstanding tradition of freedom of speech of which we are very proud. In order to understand what this means, here is what it is and is not: It IS the right to speak your mind, in the words of your choosing. It is our hope that you will choose your words as carefully as you want members to choose theirs in response. It IS NOT the right to have your words go unchallenged. We respect your RIGHTS, but have no obligation to respect your ideas. If what you post here gets challenged and that seems upsetting to you, you may prefer to just read. In certain sections or while discussing volatile topics, we understand that arguments and heated debate may occur. There comes a point, however, where posters may become extremely abusive to one another. Abusive posts may be met with a post/note by the moderators on the open forum and/or may require moderator intervention. Additionally, language that is consistently racist, sexist and/or homophobic may be considered trolling (see: "Other Moderator Intervention" for more).

7. gjorg

Gold Member

And you thought I had hot buttons. I need to change the percentile in my profile.BTW you are from north jersey, right? Just askin. no reason,dont need to look into it.

8. BurningVenus

BurningVenus New Member

You know, if your woman is a screamer, that will drown out all the other noise.:smile:
    I'm not sure what "full Mason mode" is, but picturing it is very pleasnt for me. :redface:

The curve of that headboard won't just bang the wall, it may go through the wall. not good. And that metal is too cold looking. You are rather warm-looking. :smile:

I think youre on the right track with a platform bed, which is what that one is. Go to some dscount furniture stores in your area and have a look at platform beds. And ask questions about noise.

9. SlimGuySB

SlimGuySB New Member

Albums:
    You?

For the OP - as far as creaking is concerned, metal frames make all kinds of hellish noises! The only beds I've ever found which were quiet were heavy wooden frames, and then when they were well put together. I'd want to see the frame in person and give it a bit of a shove - try and torque it and see if there is any give - before I bought it. Heavy will also keep you away from the walls - banging on them is far worse that a little squeeking!

10. Meniscus

Gold Member

If you're worried about the bed banging against the walls, then I agree with stamrod: move the bed a few inches from the wall and secure the legs/wheels. If necessary, put some padding between the wall and the bed.

But even if you do that, the some beds might squeak, especially if you're fucking fast and furious.

I have a queen mattress on a standard steel frame (wheeled) on a carpeted floor. I never got around to buying a headboard. It doesn't squeak or make any noise at all, but if I had a headboard, the movement of the headboard and frame might make some noise. Also, the "box spring" that came with the set isn't a true box spring, it's just a platform to support the mattress.

A true box spring will give you better support and your mattress will last longer, but it might squeak. An alternative would be to buy a bed that doesn't require a box spring, but my guess is that a metal bed might be noisy. You might want to consider a wooden bed that supports the mattress on slats.

Then again, a wooden bed might eventually start to creak, like an old floorboard. I don't think there's such a thing as a bed that's 100% silent.

11. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hey all thanks for the replies. There are some other factors involved. For one, I am getting this bed quite a bit cheaper about 300 dollars. Also, they will bring it up to the 3rd floor and set it up. I have a bunch of other stuff to do with the place so once I have this it will eliminate the bed for now. I will also be putting a rug or rugs down under it.

Some of those heavy wooden frames that look like they wont move are a bit expensive and I would rather spend that on a decent flat screen tv :)

This is technically the first time I've been living alone, so I guess I can fuck wherever I want, doesn't have to be in the bedroom. I'm thinking I will set up the futon in the living room as my place for slamming skins.

I'm gonna go back to sleepys and jump on the frame a few times and see how bad it really is, otherwise I may just get it to have a decent bed instead of my usual mattress, although that was a soundproof way to knock boots aside from the moans and screams etc

12. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Fling a quilt down on the floor, have sex there, there's more room.

13. gjorg

Gold Member

Padded Headboards might be the way to go. Get a cheap Hdbd at a flea market and take it to a fabric store and they will custom make one for you! Attach it to a wide wheel locking bed frame(59.00).

14. i8all12inches

i8all12inches New Member

Albums:
    Personally as always Skullmason your taste is impeccable.... you should be able to set it far enough away from the wall and to create a means of anchoring to keep the neighbors from knowing that bricks are being pounded with a fine morter being shot by the sexy stud that you are.....haven't bought a bed in awhile, but the price does not seem to be too outrageous.... one note of disagreement thought with NJ (that sexy cutie) (hahaha) I persoanlly like matresses on the floor..... has that nice bohemian left bank kinda feel to it and with your charming good looks Skull... who is going to be looking at the fucking bed anyway.... all they are foing to see is your hot body ... your beautiful cock and the gleam in your eye that says please fuck me right now!!!!!!

15. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    What are you doing? Torturing people?! :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

16. Principessa

Gold Member

I'm saving my sheckels for one of these. :biggrin1: :tongue:

17. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    My preference is far a platform bed with a foam mattress, I think box springs are pointless.

18. gjorg

Gold Member

Box springs help your mattress last longer.
    Style wise platforms are nice

Draft saved Draft deleted