Sex Tape used as Revenge?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Divine1, May 25, 2008.

1. Divine1

Gold Member

Albums:
    My brother just called....his ex-girlfriend has posted a masturbation video of him on the net (she hid a camera on him). Now she is threatening to send another tape of their sex life to his new girlfirend and his company, which has a morality clause as part of his employment contract (its a religious organization) if he doesn't get back with her for weekly sex.

It's so f*#cked up....not sure how to advise him. This has never happened to anyone I know. Anyone have a similiar experience or brillant advice on how to handle this blackmail tactic?

Thax......D

2. Flashy

Gold Member

It's extortion. It is blackmail and it is illegal. Not to mention harrassment.

3. MagnumsWearer

MagnumsWearer New Member

Two can play that game. Have him tape their conversations which include her threats. Then take it to the authorities and bust her for extortion which I believe is a federal offense.

4. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:

^^^^ what he said. I'm not sure how the laws are in where ever he is, but if he can get written proof or get a recording of her voice trying to blackmail him, or even a witness or two, take it to the authorities and/or hire a lawyer. If she were to turn this video in to his place of employment and and gets him fired, he should have legal recourse, and should be able sue her for everything she's worth.

5. Divine1

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks.
    I know blackmail is illegal....but under the circumstances.....I wasn't sure if that was the right approach.

She it could affect his job.....I guess getting an attorney involved is the right thing to do.

I appreciate your suggestions!

D.

6. Jasper72

Jasper72 New Member

Not only that, I would suggest taking a trusted superior aside and tell him what's up, that he didn't know the tape existed until she told him about it. Maybe if she does send/show it to his bosses, they can use that against her for the extortion.

oh yeah, two words: restraining. order.

7. bigboy9239

Gold Member

Albums:
    First of all.... it's ALL illegal as hell.....Hiding a video camera? Not that it really matters..but was it in her house or his? Thats Harrassment, Possession of an instrument of crime, Extortion, and possibly FEDERAL WIRETAPPING STATUTES (A FELONY...5 YEARS).....AS FOR RECORDING THEIR CONVERSATION.....Thats a no-no too...in some states, you can't record a conversation unless BOTH sides agree to it...so don't do that, unless your state allows it. He should go to the local police department and file a complaint.... give them all the details....

Franky, she should be arrested... after all..its not illegal to masturbate... or to have sex with your girlfriend.

8. B_retracted

B_retracted New Member

Yes, it's extortion so he should probably go to the authorities about it. That is, if he's not too embarrassed to go to the authorities about a video in which he jacks off.

I hate to say it but, in this day and age, you really have to be stupid to perform sex in front of a video camera because you never know where it's going to end up. One reason I really hate people with camera phones in locker rooms. Even if you're not having sex, they're still taking photos of you naked and showing it to who knows who and putting it on God knows what websites.

Edited to add that, if she hid the video camera ahead of time to blackmail him later on, she deserves a good beating with a lead pipe.

9. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    If they only employ people that don't masturbate, then they must have a hard time finding workers.

10. B_The Greek Dude

B_The Greek Dude New Member

Well, he would be able to sue her for lost wages, and she'd have to pay him the salary he earned until he was able to find another job. That's all a fair ruling would grant him, but if she doesn't have very much money available, he'll never see a dime from her. . .and she'll likely wind up behind bars.

11. MuscledHorse

MuscledHorse Well-Known Member

Albums:
    This is why you never do any pics or videos you would not want everyone able to see since ultimately that's what happens with the internet.

12. rope9839

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'd probably just go with the flow, submit the whole thing to Springer and enjoy my 15 minutes of fame.

13. reecho

reecho Member

Go to the police. She has illegally recorded private material. She is then trying to blackmail you for gain (in this case sex.)

Go to the police first. Don't tell her first, she'll just advance her plans.

This behaviour should be treated with zero tolerance ;)

14. BiItalianBro

Gold Member

It is also a sign of some serious pathological issues on her part. Good advice from everyone above but tell him toe beware. Be VERY aware. :confused:

Draft saved Draft deleted